Minnesota Wild vs Carolina Hurricanes, Saturday 2-12-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

At least one point would be nice here....But two would be MUCH better

To hell with that one point nonsense...Minnesota had good leads here.
An OT loss would be deflating.

Just one of those games the team HAS to pull the full two out of.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

To hell with that one point nonsense...Minnesota had good leads here.
An OT loss would be deflating.

Just one of those games the team HAS to pull the full two out of.

Precisely why I said 'two would be MUCH better.'

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

M A S K S ....I wore won on the airplane that said "This mask is as worthless as Joe Biden..."  Sorry, for the politics, but the glares from the WokeTards was P R I C E L E S S.  I also chewed my bagel for two hours....this was months ago

2 bird droppings with one stone. 😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

M A S K S ....I wore won on the airplane that said "This mask is as worthless as Joe Biden..."  Sorry, for the politics, but the glares from the WokeTards was P R I C E L E S S.  I also chewed my bagel for two hours....this was months ago

Right there with you 

• Like 3

The guys really brought their A game for this one. Fiala, Gaudreau, Dumba, Brodin especially, but one could make a season highlights clip on many of the plays by the team. Very well played. Fenton called Fiala a game breaker and in this one I swear I thought he was better than McDavid. A huge game for him. Fenton also brought in Zuccarello who has been magnificent after Kaprizov came. Zucc only needed someone to get to the open areas. Fenton may have been awful in many areas, but he certainly was good in evaluating talent.

But the refs were not particularly sharp in this one. Lots of bad calls, just clear mistakes, not seeing what really happened.

Wild Outlast the Carolina Hurricanes in 3-2 Thriller

Fun game to watch.  Its nice to see the Minnesota Wild just focus on playing hockey instead of getting so caught up in the extra crap after the whistle like they did against the Jets.  Fiala and Kaprizov really came to play and play fast tonight.  Svechnikov has a wicked release, we're lucky he didn't notch a hat trick in those closing seconds of the game.  Still, the team worked hard and played pretty selflessly when it needed to make plays and were able to get a big regulation win against a top notch & healthy opponent.  

I have game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  Enjoy!