A Speculative 2022 Flyers Off Season Rebuild

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wait a minute i thought you wanted a shot at Bedard?? Well Chuck has provided one.

I mean a lineup with Hayes, JVR, Risto and Nic AND Zach on the 4th sure is aiming straight for the target in my mind.

And Laughton on the 1st?? Yep on target. However you may not want to watch.

We can't have our cake and eat it too. There will be blood and i'm not talking about the movie.

Hart will certainly have PTSD after the season i pray for his soul....

:beer:

Oh ya, it's a tank team. That is certain. 

It's just really really bad and with a slim prospect pool the trouble with a tank like this is it'll take forever to get it back on track. Look what happened to Buffalo, it's taken them forever to get back on track after they gutted it for McDavid and got Eichel. Tanking that badly backfires on your entire organization. 

So we tank, we see who we get. Going to miss those 2nd rounders. We try to rebuild. It's going to take a long time. 

10 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

it'll take forever to get it back on track.

Define to me when it was on track we are "trying to get to"....

...and i agree but the funny or sad part is i don't think Chuck is even smart enough to even plan a tank i just think the best he knows how is a tank on accident.

11 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Look what happened to Buffalo, it's taken them forever to get back on track after they gutted it for McDavid and got Eichel.

Good point. But i would hope the Flyers are more competent than the Sabres even though i have no evidence to back that up.

I am hope real hard after this tank season and if they get a top 3 pick they move on from Chuck and give Danny a chance to rebuild this in his image with a top 3 pick. And before you ask i also have no evidence that Danny will be better than Chuck but i will be change.

20 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Going to miss those 2nd rounders.

Maybe but they have an extra 1st from the Panthers to make up for one in 2024.

They are just going to have nail some of these picks the next two draft at least hit on the 1st rounders and well that is 3 good players right here.

And you may not agree but they have a lot of good pieces still to build around.

I think they have the pieces for a solid bottom 9 forward group they still need to find that top line talent.

And i think they have 5 real good young D men plus a franchise goalie already as well as a couple solid prospects in net coming in Ersson and even Kolosov....and that isn't even taking into account Fedotov who may never been seen again.

First thing they need to do is find a new guy to have the new plan for the future and it ain't Chuck.

Danny B you are our only hope...

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Define to me when it was on track we are "trying to get to"....

...and i agree but the funny or sad part is i don't think Chuck is even smart enough to even plan a tank i just think the best he knows how is a tank on accident.

Good point. But i would hope the Flyers are more competent than the Sabres even though i have no evidence to back that up.

I am hope real hard after this tank season and if they get a top 3 pick they move on from Chuck and give Danny a chance to rebuild this in his image with a top 3 pick. And before you ask i also have no evidence that Danny will be better than Chuck but i will be change.

Maybe but they have an extra 1st from the Panthers to make up for one in 2024.

They are just going to have nail some of these picks the next two draft at least hit on the 1st rounders and well that is 3 good players right here.

And you may not agree but they have a lot of good pieces still to build around.

I think they have the pieces for a solid bottom 9 forward group they still need to find that top line talent.

And i think they have 5 real good young D men plus a franchise goalie already as well as a couple solid prospects in net coming in Ersson and even Kolosov....and that isn't even taking into account Fedotov who may never been seen again.

First thing they need to do is find a new guy to have the new plan for the future and it ain't Chuck.

Danny B you are our only hope...

Don't disagree on the Danny B hope. 

It was on track back when we drafted Richards and Carter. Stayed on track until we traded for Bryz. Hasn't gotten back on track since. Thought we were going to get back on track under Hextall, but then we started dumping money at people we shouldn't have. Signing JVR sent it right into the ditch and the Risto trade was like throwing gasoline on a dumpster fire. 

I would have thought they were "more competent than the Sabres" but then there is that Risto trade so maybe now they are more competent than us. They certainly fleeced us there in any event.

We have a few pieces to build around, but considering how bad we are, the prospect cupboard isn't very full. Drafting has not been good comparatively. It needs to be a lot better.

43 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Stayed on track until we traded for Bryz. Hasn't gotten back on track since.

Sounds about right. It wasn’t all Bryzgalov’s fault of course, there were complications and in-fighting (supposedly anyway) between the Richards/Carter/Lupul faction and the older guys, the Dry Island saga etc. but before Bryzgalov at least I enjoyed watching the Flyers play. Signing that clown, snubbing Bobrovsky in the process really turned me off. It felt like the organization was in free fall at that point and they still haven’t hit bottom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

It was on track back when we drafted Richards and Carter. Stayed on track until we traded for Bryz

Ok so i guess they need to find their next Richie and Jeff. 

Can Gauthier be one of those two?? I am not sure i can say right now. But i have liked a lot of the scouting reports i have read on him so let's say he is the next Jeff, because i am reading he will be better on the wing.

So now they need their stud Center for the next decade....those don't grow on trees.

Not sure how they get that guy unless it is in the 1st in one of the next two drafts.

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

They certainly fleeced us there in any event.

Yes like Andrew Macdonald all over again in a Finn model except Mcdud could play a little.

He would have ok as a 7th D man at best. Not in the top 4. Can't believe they resign Risto.

If they would have walked away from him they would have had enough to sign Johnny G.

:sick:

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Carter is a center.

Yeah i know but i have seen a few say he will thrive better on the Wing.

I can neither confirm or deny that at this point but i do listen and will form my own opinion once day if i ever get to see him for cup of coffee with the Flyers in a year or two.

His name is Connor Bedard.

You and I both know they will never end up with that pick. And from what i have read this is the year i would be happy with Adam Fantilli.

Good size and chance at being a top line center is what am going with.

His shoot being exactly what they need. Right weight transfer on his shot is nice, so we'll see got to get there first with the pick.

Will only get better as he gets older and stronger. And if Gauthier is a center then him and Fantilli would be a nice 1/2 down the middle.

15 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

He's not fighting for a spot.  He'll be in Lehigh.

Not he is fighting for a spot but if he was sent to LV that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Braun i guess will be the wild card. But as the 6th is right where he needs to be if he is dressed.

15 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Even if Deslauriers wasn't ridiculously signed, Tanner would still be in Lehigh.

Not sure how Tanner even got into this but even if he is back in LV he needs to play his way back up and not a bad thing.

I would like to see Lappy get a good lineup with some luck health wise so they can see that he isn't the pied piper to lead them deep in a AHL title race.

I would be happy to be wrong but i don't feel i am i think they under performed big time last year.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok so i guess they need to find their next Richie and Jeff. 

Can Gauthier be one of those two?? I am not sure i can say right now. But i have liked a lot of the scouting reports i have read on him so let's say he is the next Jeff, because i am reading he will be better on the wing.

:sick:

I think Gauthier can be very very good. He was a good pick. More of a power forward type. I definitely see him on the wing. A Tocchet or Brind'Amour type but with enough of that modern era speed to be really good. Should become a complete  2-way player.

If we actually land Bedard a Gauthier/Bedard combo should become as potent as any of our classic combos like Clarke-Barber or LeClair-Lindros etc. (not in comparative styles, just in terms of production). So I guess since we didn't sign Johnny Hockey we have to wait for that center to play with him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

He's not fighting for a spot.  He'll be in Lehigh.  Even if Deslauriers wasn't ridiculously signed, Tanner would still be in Lehigh.

Don't care where you got this lineup.  Wherever it is, they don't have a clue.  First, Grosenick is an AHL goaltender AT BEST, and NO TEAM is taking him if he's waived to go down to Lehigh.  While MANY teams will be interested in Sandstrom if he's waived to be sent down to Lehigh.  Sandstrom will be Hart's competition.

Second, Laughton on the first line?  Just seeing that to begin with should have told you this lineup is ridiculously flawed due to ignorance.

Third, JVR on the 2nd line with Hayes is laughable.  Having Hayes there is bad enough.  But, to put even more laziness on his wing?  Hilariously clueless.  And to put TK on with that disgustingly lazy pairing?  It's a season where TK needs to learn how NOT to be a lazy player, be more consistent, and do more for this team.  Not be paired with two of the laziest forwards in the lineup that will only cause TK to become lazier than he has been in the past.

To top off this ignorance, they don't even list Brink in the injured listing.

What a complete joke.

Might be a joke. I mean the team IS a joke. 

But the source is right off NHL.com so it's kind of one of their promo pieces to get fans interested so definitely rah rah go team stuff, but not a fan blog either. So take it or leave it, that's where it's from. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphia-flyers-roster-changes-for-2022-23-season/c-335082444?tid=281151520

I hope to not see Gauthier on the wing. 

My hope is he gets some great coaching and experience at Boston College where he will play center.

I hope he comes to Flyers camp in 2 years and wins a job as a center.  I know his timetable is to be an NHL player sooner than that, but why rush when the team today is so unstable?

Who knows what the Flyers atomsphere will be like next summer?

I'm not counting on it being ZOMG! great though. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

My hope is he gets some great coaching and experience at Boston College where he will play center.

I hope he comes to Flyers camp in 2 years and wins a job as a center.  I know his timetable is to be an NHL player sooner than that, but why rush when the team today is so unstable?

He said he only wants to play one year at Boston College and then turn pro.

Now doesn’t mean he will be a Flyer for certain but you know how they love to rush stars.

Guess we'll see...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would happy with Gauthier/Fantilli in fact....maybe even prefer due to size alone. Just me.

Also a good player just not quite as dynamic. Might fit a Tortorella team better though that's true. It's a very good draft. Very deep. That alone makes tossing away the second rounder exceptionally dumb. If we do suck (as is likely) our second rounder will be like a mid first rounder for most drafts. 

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Easier to start as a winger. Can be moved to center later. I just see him as a power forward best teamed with a play making center. I will be pretty surprised if he's a bust, lets just put it that way. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Also a good player just not quite as dynamic.

Depends on which scouting report you read but myself i like 6-3 vs 5-9 all day everyday.

Going to take luck either way for the Flyers to walk away with either.

22 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

That alone makes tossing away the second rounder exceptionally dumb.

I don't have so much a problem with the trading the pick....i am pissed off about the return.

:rage:

It's pretty clear that you haven't watched much of either play hockey. 

Nothing but highlight offensive material nothing showing anything really away from the puck.

I like what i have seen on both. See also why Bedard is #1. But we hread all the jazz about Wright and who went first??

So how the dominoes fall and how much fake crap is out about teams loving guys we'll see how it will fall.

Size is an issue it is why Caulfield fell that some whine about.

No player his size had ever been taken that low for reason.

Size is always a concern in a physical and fast league. I know the Flyers aren't even in that conversation.

Sometimes they have the inner fortitude to fight through and over come it and others they cower and fall by the wayside.

So if they take either i am fine with it. But if they have the #1 i expect Bedard.

But if they shocked the world and took Fantilli i won't break out the torches.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Everything is going to be ok Zack is here to save the day...

Maybe about 200K more than he deserves....but hey who cares.

:beer:

More genius roster building by chuckles. 3 years less and 800grand less than Deslaurier.  Let's go Flyers!

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I suppose that is a fair way to look at it. Hard to rebuild though when you trade picks away. 

Yeah, well, the Flyers don't "rebuild"

It's the way they've always done it and, by golly, they're going to keep doing it that way!

Their track record of unparalleled success speaks for itself.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

But we hread all the jazz about Wright and who went first??

I think Wright's game suffered because he didn't have Zayde Wisdom on his wing last season. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

I'm making a joke here, but the good jokes always have a kernel of truth to them. 

Wisdom's physicality more than likely created some extra space for Wright to wheel and deal. 

Could that space have been the difference between "no brainer #1 pick" and "I'm sure he'll be a top-line player sometime" ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

More genius roster building by chuckles. 3 years less and 800grand less than Deslaurier.  Let's go Flyers!

Yeah can't figure out WHY they have to have two goons...but whatever.

🤦‍♂️

I was thinking they would slide Farabee to IR unless they would just go with a smaller roster??

Not sure what Chuck is up to. But Patrick Brown could be waived and not claimed by anyone if they want to. It could be just a paper transaction. 

I'm sure the NHL is quaking in their skates over this roster...:hehe:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm sure the NHL is quaking in their skates over this roster...:hehe:

It's not only that the roster appears as bleak as it does, it's that they're also capped out to put this roster on the ice.

How does one assemble a roster that virtually everyone agrees is simply not competitive and spend $83+ million to do it? 🤔

It'd be midbogling if it wasn't "the way they've always done things."

:hocky:

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 2