Pronger having knee surgery. Out a month

Guest Flyguys03

Man, what a crazy injury situation for the team.

Yep, our defense is gonna suck and the PP will continue to suffer cause we got noone to shoot from the point. All these injuries are gonna hurt, we need Bryz to pick his game up or we might not make the playoffs.

Edited by Vincent05

I'd trade Briere and/or Bobrovsky for the right package, provided we get a backup in the return. There's no ******* way Leighton should ever be on the big club again.

I'd also be willing to move Timonen, Carle and/or Hartnell.

definitely have to be the "right" package. but moving those guys for helps with the cap, no question, as much as i like daniel briere, he has the resume to pry a young d prospect and provide cap relief. same with timmonen, i'd be sad to see him in a different sweater but he'd bring back a nice return.

The question is, do we need to replace him now? I don't think we do. We'll probably lose more games than we win, but I'd rather wait until Homer is not in a position of weakness and make a smart trade.

That's the decision for him to make. I'd say let's see what we look like for a week or so. If we really show signs of freefalling, Homer needs to make a move...

The good news is, he is only going to be missing for a month. If the Flyers somehow manage ot stay at least at 500, that would be friggin' terrific. But I don't know if they can. Our D is a weak link, even *with* Pronger. But I agree with you that maybe Homer doesn't need to be making a move immediately and just see how this team responds.

That's the decision for him to make. I'd say let's see what we look like for a week or so. If we really show signs of freefalling, Homer needs to make a move...

The good news is, he is only going to be missing for a month. If the Flyers somehow manage ot stay at least at 500, that would be friggin' terrific. But I don't know if they can. Our D is a weak link, even *with* Pronger. But I agree with you that maybe Homer doesn't need to be making a move immediately and just see how this team responds.

Remember the last knee surgery Pronger had? It was in July, and he just made it back in time for training camp. Not saying this is the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if Homer is downplaying the seriousness and recovery time to not look too desperate, lol.

Wait and see, Holmgren will get fleeced and overpay for some washed up stiff. Other teams know we are desperate and we will pay through the nose for a dman. As i have been saying for 2 years, we need another good dman and we cant keep relying on Pronger and Timmo.

Wait and see, Holmgren will get fleeced and overpay for some washed up stiff. Other teams know we are desperate and we will pay through the nose for a dman. As i have been saying for 2 years, we need another good dman and we cant keep relying on Pronger and Timmo.

Problem is, if..... IF....... the Flyers make a commitment to adddress the need at the D position, they would have to pay through the nose regardless, unless it's for someone who isn't worth a damn. Knowing Homer, he would likely try to go after someone like Tomas Kabelre (don't jump people, I am merely using this as an example), and as you said, get robbed. No matter how you decide to look at it, the Flyers are ****ed at least for a short span of time.

And I tend to agree with Brelic - 1 month may be the over-optimistic forecast, which is not really based on anything.... My gut is telling me he will be out much longer.

Someone suggested trading Briere, that might be a good idea, Schenn can step in as the second line center. The only problem with Briere is his contract and limited trade clause . The other option is trading a guy like Schenn for an equally highly rated young dman, Or trading Bob for a dman.

Maybe Nashville gives us Suter who is an UFA, or maybe a guy like Zac Bogosian on Winnipeg.

Suter is an UFA, and Weber is an RFA with one year left after this year, their goalie Renne, is also an UFA. Nashville cannot afford to pay those guys,so one defenseman has to go. If Nashville re-signs Suter, then they have no $$ for Webber, so my guess is they dump Suter and try to re-sign Webber. So I think Suter is avaialble ,unless someone makes a huge offer of 3 or 4 players for Webber.

I know Bogosian re-signed, but I did hear he was being shopped, I dont really know what Winnipeg needs and if we can fil lthat need , but The flyers need to trade from our strenght ,which is offense and look for a team that has excess defense. NAshville is one of those teams..

Greetings:

We are seeing that this trade is not panning out. And Homer staying close to the Cap doesn't allow room for error.

I smell a retirement. I really wonder if he can get back to playing consistently.

All the best...glad to see some good folks here.

Howie

Suter is an UFA, and Weber is an RFA with one year left after this year, their goalie Renne, is also an UFA. Nashville cannot afford to pay those guys,so one defenseman has to go. If Nashville re-signs Suter, then they have no $$ for Webber, so my guess is they dump Suter and try to re-sign Webber. So I think Suter is avaialble ,unless someone makes a huge offer of 3 or 4 players for Webber.

Suter has openly stated that Nashville wants him to stay and he wants to stay in Nashville. His direct quote is "We will get this done". Also, Renne is signed through 2019 (signed him on November 7 to an extension- 7m a year).

Nashville also recently got a new investor (5% of the company). He may have some deeper pockets to increase Nashvilles payroll. Nashvilles booked cap for next year is only 21M (that includes Webers 7.5 million and Renne 7 million. They have allot of holes to fill, but 4 of their top 6 forwards are signed. It would seem that Nashville is building from the back out. Renne, Weber and Suter would be a huge anchor to that!

Someone suggested trading Briere, that might be a good idea, Schenn can step in as the second line center. The only problem with Briere is his contract and limited trade clause . The other option is trading a guy like Schenn for an equally highly rated young dman, Or trading Bob for a dman.

Maybe Nashville gives us Suter who is an UFA, or maybe a guy like Zac Bogosian on Winnipeg.

I think Briere has earned the right to stay. He is ridiculously clutch in the playoffs.