Morgan Frost One-Year Deal

Howie58

20 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Makes sense--it's up or out. 

Yes i agree. Since this is a Hextall pick.

He will have RFA status after this season so if he doesn't have a good year i can see him playing somewhere else in 2023-24.

But due to Hayes contract Morgan i am sure will be force into the 3rd line spot.

Maybe saddled with Farabee and Tippett so if that is how it plays out he will be given two very good wingers to work with.

It may be now or never....

:PopcornSmiley2:

When does his "upside" kick in? Seems like his downside is his dominant drive

At some point the Flyers need to draft players who's upside actually means they crack the lineup

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

At some point the Flyers need to draft players who's upside actually means they crack the lineup

Obviously, but also where they are drafting comes into play. The Frost pick was originally a St. Louis pick they got for (Stanley Cup winner) Brayden Schenn and so was 27th.

Frost was supposed to be a "bonus" pick after they picked at Number Two and... 🤮

If you want to make an argument for Jokiharju or Tolvanen (taken after him in the 1st round), I'm not arguing (SUOMI! 🇫🇮) but the player taken after Frost hasn't even taken NHL ice. And they "should have" picked Robertson, and deBrincat, and Point, and...

2017's turning out to be a notverygood draft. Nine 2nds haven't taken NHL ice. Sixteen more 1sts and 2nds have played 50 or less NHL games.

The one year "prove it" deal is exactly what Frost needs and deserves in this situation. Now just prove it...

And this also supports the maxim that every Flyers prospect has great upside. Until they don't. 🤔

Edited by radoran

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

And this also supports the maxim that every Flyers prospect has great upside. Until they don't.

This may be why Chuckles just trades all the draft picks so he won't be held to "expectations".....

...a draft pick you never took can never bust!!!

#genius

:PopcornSmiley2:

The problem for Frost and all the younger guys is that the Flyers are woefully under-talented. They won’t be the first young guys trying to make their mark on a bad team, but add to that that Tortorella likes keeping young players on a short leash.

The flip side is that if a young player really distinguishes himself it’ll be obvious. So there’s that.

It’s just that this team looks bad even on paper. Normally you can at least pretend a weak roster will come together and be competitive. Not this time, not unless some minor miracles happen along the way.

27 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The problem for Frost and all the younger guys is that the Flyers are woefully under-talented

I dont understand your point. If the team is "woefully undertalented" you'd think it would be easier for them to make the lineup. If a young player can't crack the lineup of an undertalented team, what's that say about their talent?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The problem for Frost and all the younger guys is that the Flyers are woefully under-talented. They won’t be the first young guys trying to make their mark on a bad team, but add to that that Tortorella likes keeping young players on a short leash.

The flip side is that if a young player really distinguishes himself it’ll be obvious. So there’s that.

It’s just that this team looks bad even on paper. Normally you can at least pretend a weak roster will come together and be competitive. Not this time, not unless some minor miracles happen along the way.

Well it could be really bad if they put ND out there on the 4th WITH Zack too.

That would be suicide...however if you want to tank I guess that is EXACTLY what you do.

🤮

17 hours ago, CoachX said:

I dont understand your point. If the team is "woefully undertalented" you'd think it would be easier for them to make the lineup. If a young player can't crack the lineup of an undertalented team, what's that say about their talent?

Yes that’s a reasonable way of looking at it. I was thinking more how a bad team actually plays the game. Like if your fwds are always cheating up ice your D look bad when they’re forced into turnovers. All defensemen of course but I figure it’s worse for rookies who’ve got no track record in the NHL. Once JVR shows them how to hide in plain sight and Hayes teaches them how to coast thru 95% of their shifts they’ll fit right in.

Seriously if you ever played you know it sucks being on a bad team and if you’re the new guy it sucks even more. For a lot of reasons it just does. I don’t feel sorry for them they’re getting paid to play hockey after all. But they probably won’t be having much fun at the rink this year (especially now with a new HC).

Flyers’ fans are banking on Tortorella to whip the team into shape. I think it’s even money who whips who. We’ve seen this movie before. I’ve been a Flyers’ fan a long time and I don’t remember ever being so disgusted with the team. Not the roster but the clowns who put it together. It’s pathetic that this is the best they could do.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yes that’s a reasonable way of looking at it. I was thinking more how a bad team actually plays the game. Like if your fwds are always cheating up ice your D look bad when they’re forced into turnovers. All defensemen of course but I figure it’s worse for rookies who’ve got no track record in the NHL. Once JVR shows them how to hide in plain sight and Hayes teaches them how to coast thru 95% of their shifts they’ll fit right in.

ok. i see your point on this, but all of it is based on them already being on the team. Your other point sounded like you were saying the ywould have a hard time even making it into the lineup, becasue the team was so bad

17 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

i re-read this.....makes perfect sense to me now