2022-23 HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - In Season Discussion Thread

pilldoc

@yave1964

You've won like 12 straight championships in this format and on your way to a baker's dozen, so who am I to question, but yours seems odd to me.  Not like the other one here by any stretch, but without considering all the implications, I wondered about it when I saw it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Trade between myself and the team known as my team

He gets

Ullmark

Chabot

Kunin

I get

Francoux

Ekblad

Hischier

I have Georgiev so adding Francoux is something i have been trying to do for the last month. Ekblad is a bit of a risk because of health but if healthy he is a beast. Hischier is now firmly established as a star, top two or three faceoff man in the game today and scoring over a point a game. 

He gets Ullmark who is 13-1 with a microscopic goals against, Chabot who has struggled this year but has upside, and Kunin who is a nice multi cat role player.

I'll be honest. I think myteam wins this trade because of ullmark 

Relying on MAF as  2nd behind the Colorado handcuff carries some risk

Just now, ruxpin said:

@yave1964

You've won like 12 straight championships in this format and on your way to a baker's dozen, so who am I to question, but yours seems odd to me.  Not like the other one here by any stretch, but without considering all the implications, I wondered about it when I saw it.

Not 12 straight. Hail 2018!

• Haha 2

Just now, ruxpin said:

@yave1964

My logic

Francoux teams with Georgiev as a handcuff on a great team

Hischier is an absolute monster this year, I will never again lose faceoffs this season and he massively improves my offense

Ekblad WHEN HEALTHY is nearly a point a game player. 

Ullmark, Imho is going to slip a bit, he cannot keep that pace, nobody alive can. Plus Swayman is healthy and hot now.

Chabot is a dissapointment, i thought he would be Morgan Reilly he hasnt turned into anywhere near that player and whispers are that he is losing top line duties already to Sanderson.

Kunin is an underrated multi cat multi position player but easily replaceable. 

No guarantee, but i love the trade for my team, absolutely LOVE it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

My logic

Hischier is an absolute monster this year, I will never again lose faceoffs this season and he massively improves my offense

Ekblad WHEN HEALTHY is nearly a point a game player. 

Ullmark, Imho is going to slip a bit, he cannot keep that pace, nobody alive can. Plus Swayman is healthy and hot now.

Chabot is a dissapointment, i thought he would be Morgan Reilly he hasnt turned into anywhere near that player and whispers are that he is losing top line duties already to Sanderson.

Kunin is an underrated multi cat multi position player but easily replaceable. 

No guarantee, but i love the trade for my team, absolutely LOVE it. 

See? This is why I don't question you in this format.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

You are entitled to your opinion. Do I care what yours is? No. Do I care if others agree with you? No. I didn't just give you McDavid. II offered you McDavid +. I wanted value for McDavid.... was what I got, enough? Maybe, maybe not. He was on the trading block. You could have made me a decent offer. You didn't.

All good bud. I just felt your initial ask was so sky high I couldn't negotiate.

4 superstars for 1 superstar and 4 waiver wire guys isn't my cup of tea

If you asked for any 2 of of those guys for McDavid, I might have said yes. But 4 was too much and not even a starting point.

If you started at "Crosby and makar for McDavid " I might have countered with Makar and pavelski or pettersson lol

But when I mentioned it was too much you sent another offer and it was worse for me so I figured we likely could not find common ground lol

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

16 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

You know, i have won four in a row in this league, plus the only two years that i was in Smythe, love banger leagues, clearly. So i have literally won six straight and yet all you have to do is mention 2018 and it raises my blood pressure at least ten points, lol

Yes...like McDavid for me...the one that got away. :bigteeth:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

You know, i have won four in a row in this league, plus the only two years that i was in Smythe, love banger leagues, clearly. So i have literally won six straight and yet all you have to do is mention 2018 and it raises my blood pressure at least ten points, lol

Its not often you go undefeated the entire year for like 24 weeks straight and lose in the 1st round to a guy who squeaked into a playoff spot last minute after being out of the playoff spot ALL YEAR lol

Its repayment for the ESPN year we played Fantasy hockey where we made a "blockbuster" trade right before the deadline and met in the finals and you beat me because of the goalie i traded you because of like 2 saves in the closest match ever LOL

Well, closest until metadeke knocked me out last year in NAHANA because of 1 save and denied us the highest scoring finals ever which would have been me vs @Mad Dog

You have me 4 to 1 in playoff battles in this league. So I have to make myself feel better by fondly recalling 2018 in all stars and 2021 in NAHANA as we both went for our first NAHANA cup

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Well, closest until metadeke knocked me out last year in NAHANA because of 1 save and denied us the highest scoring finals ever which would have been me vs @Mad Dog

And you would have won. By a stroke of pure luck, I drew 'Deke in the finals. I knew at that moment that I was going to beat him easily. You did me a big favor by losing to him.

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

And you would have won. By a stroke of pure luck, I drew 'Deke in the finals. I knew at that moment that I was going to beat him easily. You did me a big favor by losing to him.

I'm pretty sure I compared my score to yours from the consolation bracket and you still would have won it had we faced off.

Just points I had like 74 points and you had 76, etc.

I may have taken screenshots of the final scores on my PC somewhere

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yave1964 said:

My logic

I applied exactly the same logic with Gibson/Stolarz, but reading the rankings upside down :lol:

• Haha 2

have Pietrangelo and  Gudas both out on defense, rotating waiver pickups for those two spots. willing to dangle Stutzle to add a damn good defenseman. Scoring nice but not mandatory, i care much more about shots/hits/pims. Only reason willing to dangle Stutzle is because I have Tkachuk from the same team playing the same position and need to balance out the roster.  Anyway, Stutzle for the right defenseman. Mostly because i am bored, lol

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

have Pietrangelo and  Gudas both out on defense, rotating waiver pickups for those two spots. willing to dangle Stutzle to add a damn good defenseman. Scoring nice but not mandatory, i care much more about shots/hits/pims. Only reason willing to dangle Stutzle is because I have Tkachuk from the same team playing the same position and need to balance out the roster.  Anyway, Stutzle for the right defenseman. Mostly because i am bored, lol

Ill get right on the offer

6 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I actually legit thought I had 6 Dmen and I only have 4.

but I think I was saved in not trying to make an offer. Stuezle just took a big one

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

7 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I actually legit thought I had 6 Dmen and I only have 4.

but I think I was saved in not trying to make an offer. Stuezle just took a big one

Ouch. Friggin ouch. At least I have the depth to handle it. 

• Like 1

Trade to come between me and Dumba/Dumber: Montour for Backlund and Reimer. I had three Dmen with the exact same profile and I needed another center with FO, +/- while trying to solve my mysery behing the net. Reimer is meh but still a better option than broken swiss-cheese Gibson.

• Like 1

Big deal, sorta....ummm, yea, big deal trade in Sweet 16 between the Star Blades and the Hell Bears.
Alright people, settle down the shock of finding out Rux was coerced into doing a trade :shifty: 

Green Star Blades get:
C- Brayden Point
LW- Alex DeBrincat
G- Frederik Andersen (IR)

Hell Bears get:
C/W- Brayden Schenn
G- Connor Hellebuyck

Now, I know I said I wouldn't move Hell Boy, with good reason, but fact is, my entire goalie core is a wreck and even a Vezina candidate like Hellebuyck wasn't really helping that much.
At this point, willing to go with an army of backups, streamers, and net sharers, BUT, to help offset, attempting to build a powerful offense.
Goal scoring was pretty good before, adding Point and DeBrincat is my way of trying to make it even better.
Add in that I have players who are good in peripherals and I roll the dice that I lose most goalie categories most weeks, but clean up elsewhere.
I wouldn't make a move like this in a keeper league (Hell Boy, no brainer keeper, duh), but in a one year league, I feel I can take a shot at this....if it doesn't work, oh well, reset next season.

The Bears are obviously getting a stud workhorse goalie, so no explanation necessary there, while Brayden Schenn was a bit of an extra put in the deal.....he could be a big zero, or he could go on a streak...complete wild card.

So there we are.
Hell Boy is now a Hell Bear........and my apologies in advance to Connor and his agent if he ends up getting injured now......completely NOT my fault, but I do understand if they get mad at me for trading him to Billy's Bears :rolleyes: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Big deal, sorta....ummm, yea, big deal trade in Sweet 16 between the Star Blades and the Hell Bears.
Alright people, settle down the shock of finding out Rux was coerced into doing a trade :shifty: 

Green Star Blades get:
C- Brayden Point
LW- Alex DeBrincat
G- Frederik Andersen (IR)

Hell Bears get:
C/W- Brayden Schenn
G- Connor Hellebuyck

Now, I know I said I wouldn't move Hell Boy, with good reason, but fact is, my entire goalie core is a wreck and even a Vezina candidate like Hellebuyck wasn't really helping that much.
At this point, willing to go with an army of backups, streamers, and net sharers, BUT, to help offset, attempting to build a powerful offense.
Goal scoring was pretty good before, adding Point and DeBrincat is my way of trying to make it even better.
Add in that I have players who are good in peripherals and I roll the dice that I lose most goalie categories most weeks, but clean up elsewhere.
I wouldn't make a move like this in a keeper league (Hell Boy, no brainer keeper, duh), but in a one year league, I feel I can take a shot at this....if it doesn't work, oh well, reset next season.

The Bears are obviously getting a stud workhorse goalie, so no explanation necessary there, while Brayden Schenn was a bit of an extra put in the deal.....he could be a big zero, or he could go on a streak...complete wild card.

So there we are.
Hell Boy is now a Hell Bear........and my apologies in advance to Connor and his agent if he ends up getting injured now......completely NOT my fault, but I do understand if they get mad at me for trading him to Billy's Bears :rolleyes: 

Ugh. Giving up hellboy without getting Kochetkov back is going to hurt

6 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Ugh. Giving up hellboy without getting Kochetkov back is going to hurt

My entire goalie corps "hurts", Joe... lol.
I hear ya, but the way I did it ensured Rux would go for it...taking IR Andersen off his hands.

But for me, it is all about the forwards adding them to what I have already.
I have accepted the fact I will need to use smoke n mirrors every week (and possibly hire a shaman) to get through the goalie cats.

• Haha 1