Game 8:Philadelphia Flyers vs Carolina Hurricanes: 10/29/72 @ 7PM ESPN+

OccamsRazor

So new guy his a lock.

Shocking Hayes leads them in points 10....on pace for a 177 point season how is that for propaganda. lol.

And DeAngelo on pace for a 70 point season - that bum. lol

The great minds must hate that if only us lemmings would learn oh well off the cliff we go. :hehe:

Don't worry you'll be right eventually....don't listen to the propaganda!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from listening to what they say in the microphones!!!

The sky is falling seek shelter....

:flyers:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I will be really surprised if we can beat Carolina. 

Can't call it yet i haven't seen them play this season yet. Barely had time to watch the Flyers.

It would be sweet if they could find a way to keep winning.

Looks like the edge in net goes to Flyers as the rest to the Canes.

I hope Hart is rested and ready to go or should he be rested for a big matchup vs Rangers Tuesday?

• Like 1

Occ beat me to the punch.  We are underdogs, telling me the bookies are skeptical about our wins given underlying metrics that are very poor, a fact acknowledged by Torts in his Friday presser.  

https://pickdawgz.com/nhl-picks/2022-10-29/carolina-hurricanes-at-philadelphia-flyers-10-29-22-nhl-picks-and-prediction#:~:text=Philadelphia Flyers (5-2) vs Carolina Hurricanes (4-2-1) Game,Ov

Carolina lost 6-2 to the Isles on Friday.  So they may be tired, angry, or both.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can't call it yet i haven't seen them play this season yet. Barely had time to watch the Flyers.

It would be sweet if they could find a way to keep winning.

Looks like the edge in net goes to Flyers as the rest to the Canes.

I hope Hart is rested and ready to go or should he be rested for a big matchup vs Rangers Tuesday?

Thing about the Canes is they are really fast. As a whole, Flyers aren't. I think we will struggle. 

I am looking forward to watching the parade of young guys that Tortorella continues to get energy out of. They continue to outperform every and all expectations and have made watching Flyers hockey exciting again. 

Caveat, I know nothing about hockey but I pretend to post like I do. That is all……😁

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I think we will struggle. 

With the lack of fire power i see i think they will struggle in every game this year till that is addressed.

It's ok i will take what ever they get win lose or draw.

It is so much easier when you embrace them being a 8th seed playoff team and kiss Bedard away.

Ebbs and flows of the season will never truly tell us what this team is. Only thing that is most important to me coming out of this is regaining Hart's confidence and getting him back on track to be the guy we thought we had everything else is secondary.

Still need to purge this roster of a few guys and not sure how that takes place.

As of now i find more happiness in following the Eagles.

• Like 2

I am hoping i will get home in time for this one. We'll see. Should be a good bench mark game.

It would be nice to get so goal scorers into the line up can one of Allison or Tippett step up and do such?

I thought Risto was on the 3rd pair instead of the 2nd where i would prefer him.

FLYERS LINEUP:

Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
Cates-Laughton-Tippett
Bellows-Frost-Allison
Deslauriers-Sedlak-MacEwen

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Ristolainen
Seeler-Braun

Hart
Sandstrom

1st PP:

Laughton-Hayes-TK
DeAngelo-Tippett

2nd PP:

Cates-Frost-Allison
Provorov-Cates

1st PK:

Cates-Farabee
Provoro-Deangelo

2nd PK:

Hayes-Laughton
Sanheim-Seeler

Injuries:

Laczynski
Atkinson (Day to Day)
JVR (IR)
Anisimov 
Brown (IR)
Brink (IR)
Couturier (IR)
Ellis (IR)

HURRICANES LINEUP:

Teravainen-Aho-Jarvis
Svechnikov-Kotkaniemi-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Fast
Noesen-Stastny-Stepan

Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Pesce
Coghlan-Chatfield

Raanta
Andersen

1st PP:

Noesen-Aho-Svechnikov
Burns-Necas

2nd PP:

Stastny-Kotkaniemi-Jarvis
Coghlan-Teravainen

1st PK:

Aho-Teravainen
Slavin-Burns

2nd PK:

Staal-Fast
Skjei-Pesce

Injuries:

Kase (Out)
Gardiner (IR)
Pacioretty (IR)

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

48 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's ok i will take what ever they get win lose or draw.

It is so much easier when you embrace them being a 8th seed playoff team and kiss Bedard away

I've only seen game 1, so I can't comment much about in ice performance. But, I am interested again. Mostly because of Torts. Despite the presence of nostradamus posters here, I cannot control, influence, or predict where this team will be at seasons end. I can only guess (which for some is the same as being right). So I am happy that my favorite team is intriguing,  and I'm anxious to see what happens next

For those of you who have the gift to already know what will happen, please don't tell me, I'm recording the season

• Like 1

I look at the lineup and think CF and the gang are better on the waiver wire than in regular trades or drafting.  At least they can do less damage.  In a strange way, it's a low risk approach to building the team.  

As for Coots, just sad. I think the guy was overused early in his career.  Now he and the team play a price.  As for training-medical, in a city with umpteen Med schools, they should take the approach Lincoln took with generals--go through docs/trainers and until you find your Grants.  I think Fletcher gets it.  I just don't know if he and his new VP will fix it.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I can only guess

Only if it is a negative one.

You are not allowed at all to look at this small sample and post anything positive though - no chest thumping - it annoys the natives.

If you are willing to post something that will happen bad in the season well by all means the floor is yours.

But being 1st in the Metro despite this roster and all the injuries and still carry a few passengers well you will be reported and your post altered to reflect acceptable parameters.

Are we clear??

The propaganda will saturate your brain moving forward - and they only lie talking into the microphone.

Carry on.

Fly Eagles Fly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
Cates-Laughton-Tippett
Bellows-Frost-Allison
Deslauriers-Sedlak-MacEwen

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Ristolainen
Seeler-Braun

Hart
Sandstrom

I know I'm in the minority, but I love the 4th line

image.png.bfda9c13ade71cf09a925fdf63350d5f.png

Edited by CoachX

On 10/28/2022 at 12:40 PM, OccamsRazor said:

So new guy his a lock.

Shocking Hayes leads them in points 10....on pace for a 177 point season how is that for propaganda. lol.

And DeAngelo on pace for a 70 point season - that bum. lol

The great minds must hate that if only us lemmings would learn oh well off the cliff we go. :hehe:

Don't worry you'll be right eventually....don't listen to the propaganda!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from listening to what they say in the microphones!!!

The sky is falling seek shelter....

Talk to me in December, and let's see if they're still doing well. This is the new head coach "bump".  I mean, Tortorella is doing a nice job and he's won a Stanley Cup..but this roster is still filled with too many unprovens and overpaid players. The sky fell last year. The team is also benefiting from...pardon the pun, "Flying under the radar". I might get some anger here but other teams aren't likely playing them as hard as Tampa, the Rangers or Colorado. I would add that Hart has been EXCELLENT, early...but it's early. Maybe they're also benefiting from not being the center of attention. The Eagles and Phillies are on center stage.

16 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Talk to me in December, and let's see if they're still doing well. This is the new head coach "bump".  I mean, Tortorella is doing a nice job and he's won a Stanley Cup..but this roster is still filled with too many unprovens and overpaid players. The sky fell last year. The team is also benefiting from...pardon the pun, "Flying under the radar". I might get some anger here but other teams aren't likely playing them as hard as Tampa, the Rangers or Colorado. I would add that Hart has been EXCELLENT, early...but it's early. Maybe they're also benefiting from not being the center of attention. The Eagles and Phillies are on center stage.

So if December rolls around, and they are sucking, will you be saying, "I told you so?"

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what this team is, but don't deny those who want it. their enjoyment of it while it lasts

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I love the 4th line

image.png.bfda9c13ade71cf09a925fdf63350d5f.png

Yeah I'm not hating it.

And on paper the whole lineup doesn't look terrible only stiff left is Hayes (with JVR out) but yet some how he is on pace for 117 point season so hard to be really be upset about that even besides just blindly hating the guy.

Who knows maybe they keep winning.

• Good Post 1

22 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Talk to me in December, and let's see if they're still doing well.

Sure but you can live with some of us not standing on the edge of Walt Whitman at this point right?

You're ok with some of us posting some positive stuff about the whole team/situation right?

It goes both ways.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Cup..but this roster is still filled with too many unprovens and overpaid players.

Sure and have stated this much.

39 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

"Flying under the radar"

Nope. Not buying that.

Sure if teams want to over looking them fine but, not sure how you can look at the standing and call it flying under the radar.

My world it's just living in denial.

You are what your record says you are.

Tull it changes they are on top.

I know it isn't pretty and some can't handle it.

That is their problem.

Right tops in the Metro till they ain't.

Noone gives them a break when they are on the bottom. Same for the top.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

So if December rolls around, and they are sucking, will you be saying, "I told you so?"

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what this team is, but don't deny those who want it. their enjoyment of it while it lasts

No, I won't be saying that "I told you so". We SHOULD enjoy while it lasts. I'm simply being realistic and "even-keel".

• Good Post 1

13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

"I told you so?"

IDGAF if they do broken clock being right twice a day and all.

Let them.

It is why I want them to keep winning to watch the haters squirm.

The Flyers are not my life.

But to many they are and some just had to drag other down to their misery level.

There is nothing left to say negative about this team that hasn't been said for the last decade.

I'll be just fine either way. I pray for the others.

Fly Eagles Fly

:Eagles:

• Like 1