Game 14: Ottawa Senators at Philadelphia Flyers; 11/12/22 @ 1 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

I am seeing a split among the bookies, with both teams showing as mild favorites (-110).  Ottawa hasn't won a back-to-back this season.  We aren't a good Saturday matinee squad.  It looks like Forsberg versus Hart.  We beat them last week 2-1.  On face, this is our inept offense versus their awful defense:https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ott-vs-phi/2022/11/12/2022020225

This will be a challenging weekend.  I'll be curious to see who's in the doghouse after the performance against Columbus. 

• Uggh... 1

Wonder what they have planned for the Return of Giroux!

Should be a good game - has to be better than the egg they laid in Columbus - one of those games you try to forget and just move on. At least Provorov finally got a goal though that was nice to see. He and DeAngelo look pretty good to me - and I like that Tortorella split up the Ristolainen/Sanheim pair - hope he leaves it that way.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

I am seeing a split among the bookies, with both teams showing as mild favorites (-110).  Ottawa hasn't won a back-to-back this season.  We aren't a good Saturday matinee squad.  It looks like Forsberg versus Hart.  We beat them last week 2-1.  On face, this is our inept offense versus their awful defense:https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ott-vs-phi/2022/11/12/2022020225

This will be a challenging weekend.  I'll be curious to see who's in the doghouse after the performance against Columbus. 

I know you said Philly isn't a good matinee team (that's actually a strange but true fact of more than just Philly), but, keep in mind of this:
Ottawa has played their arses off and have precious little to show for it.

I like their talent and frankly, I think they are further along the competitive scale than your Flyers, but at the same time, Philadelphia with Torts in charge, seems to be playing with a bit more of an attitude....an attitude that Ottawa doesn't yet have apparently.

On paper, the Sens should wipe the floor with the Flyers.
But you know the game is played on the ice.....the Flyers should be really upset about their last showing, and the Sens are still looking for answers as they are losing games by just a hair.

Your boys  have a legit shot today.

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Snacks and beverages set up to watch Giroux’s hat trick this afternoon. 

Is Torts behind the bench today or is he still wandering around Columbus somewhere after walking out of the area in disgust? 

I think the Florida Panthers may have called a cab for him to get back to Philly. :ph34r:

Was sleep my boss ask if would help out on nights a month. So yeah i won't be watching much this month.

But it looks like i ain't missing a damn thing.

Wake up to a 4-1 loss only one i feel sorry for is Hart he'll be back on his shrink's couch real soon.

One goal on Giroux's return sad. I sure hope help will be on the way soon with some semblance of a plan.

With their lack of centers we already know they are going to push this kid to Center. We know it.

I wish they would just go find a good center like wish now that was on their radar by next year or more of this.

I watched the first period and the post-game (Center Ice has shown it the last few games) and Torts presser.

JJ and Keith Jones said special teams play hurt.  We couldn't score and game them two of three.  Torts was furious over unforced turnovers and penalties taken when the Flyers had possession.  He stated that you can't win when your facing two opponents--the other team and yourselves.  He looked pretty dejected.

43 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I watched the first period and the post-game (Center Ice has shown it the last few games) and Torts presser.

JJ and Keith Jones said special teams play hurt.  We couldn't score and game them two of three.  Torts was furious over unforced turnovers and penalties taken when the Flyers had possession.  He stated that you can't win when your facing two opponents--the other team and yourselves.  He looked pretty dejected.

This doesn't look good for Allison but still can't pin point what he hurts looks like it could be a couple things. Hope he is OK.

If it was his knee was it the surgically repaired one?

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Looking pretty clear that a lot of these players can't (or won't) do what he wants them to do .

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh my Gawd i love it.

Now someone ask him about his bosses real quick someone gave him truth serum...

...yep my favorite coach as of today for sure.

:DancingGrape:

Just more propaganda due to having a lazy low glove side and a microphone in his face.
Lies, lies, and more lies being fed to the Gulliver's Travelling public. :ph34r: 

*** TFG slinks away quietly now *** :bigteeth: