How Much More Needs to Happen?

mojo1917

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/03/chuck-fletcher-gets-bood-at-flyers-season-ticket-holder-event-today.html

Good for them.

But to my question,  how is it others, specifically those with the ability to change things are not moved to do something.  Where is the ****** "bias for action"?

Has a GM ever been booed at one of these things before?

41 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Fletcher needs to be removed! He cannot be in charge of the draft or this rebuild!!

His app will probably tell him Bedard will be a bust and to trade the #1 pick if they get it to Minnesota for a package of multiple 5th rounders through 2035.

The problem is Comcast, they aren’t invested owners. They don’t have any skin in the game like a traditional owner would. If they did, they would remove everyone in the Hockey Ops department and start the rebuild there.

Time to take Scott, Holmgren, Barber, Clarke, Fletcher, Hanrahan, Flahr, Lombardi out behind the barn. 

Willing to give Briere a pass for now. Because torts said Danny has a great hockey mind. Let Danny help comcast rebuild hockey ops

Unbelievable.

Also  I don't believe Briere is the answer.

Edited by ruxpin
I hate the linking and embedding functionality works (doesn't) on this site
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/03/chuck-fletcher-gets-bood-at-flyers-season-ticket-holder-event-today.html

Good for them.

But to my question,  how is it others, specifically those with the ability to change things are not moved to do something.  Where is the ****** "bias for action"?

Wheres video of Flyer fans booing the season ticket holders for wanting to go watch this shite?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Wheres video of Flyer fans booing the season ticket holders for wanting to go watch this shite?

I'm not going to begrudge those folks for keeping their tickets.

If going down to the WFC and watching hockey brings them joy, I won't support taking that joy from them by ridiculing them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Maybe the NHL will step in and rig the draft (ala Pissburgh penguins) and get the Flyers back on track with beddard

I don't think the NHL will help Philly.

We're from Philly ***** Philly

No one likes us, we don't care.

But dare to dream

• Like 2

I always stop to think if I spelled it wrong but it's booed right? The link has bood, but that's not right that'd be bood like hood and it's definitely booed but that's 3 vowels in a row so it never looks right even when it's definitely booing going on and wait, that's 3 vowels in a row too so I guess that's okay for boo, be glad his name's not Lou or he'd bow and salute every time it happened and however you spell it it's the same thing and hiring him was a big booboo. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

9 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm not going to begrudge those folks for keeping their tickets.

If going down to the WFC and watching hockey brings them joy, I won't support taking that joy from them by ridiculing them.

I can't fathom how anyone can get joy out of watching the demise of their favorite team. A team that used to be very good. It'd be like sitting there watching your '63 Corvette rust into a heap. And having some guy who knows nothing about cars tell you it's still mint.

Nothing will change unless you hit Comcast in the pocket. It's clearly all they care about. They sure don't care about putting a decent product on the ice.

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I always stop to think if I spelled it wrong but it's booed right? The link has bood, but that's not right that'd be bood like hood and it's definitely booed but that's 3 vowels in a row so it never looks right even when it's definitely booing going on and wait, that's 3 vowels in a row too so I guess that's okay for boo, be glad his name's not Lou or he'd bow and salute every time it happened and however you spell it it's the same thing and hiring him was a big booboo. 

When it's comes to "boo-ing" the more "O's" the better

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I can't fathom how anyone can get joy out of watching the demise of their favorite team. A team that used to be very good. It'd be like sitting there watching your '63 Corvette rust into a heap. And having some guy who knows nothing about cars tell you it's still mint.

Nothing will change unless you hit Comcast in the pocket. It's clearly all they care about. They sure don't care about putting a decent product on the ice.

To further your point, or just restate it, I don't get how anyone supports this team by going to that arena. I'm still a loyal Flyer fan, but this not a product that is worth supporting. So I won't. I am not watching. I'm not buying. And I'm not wearing any swag to show support. I don't know if it matters, but I dont click on a lot of internet stories either

I think you are spot on regarding Comcast. They are a business that offers goods and services. They don't really care about the on ice product. They are getting their money

Funny thing is, without fans, there is no professional sports. If we were removed,  the NHL would be as important as my Monday night D division beer league, and the Flyers wouldn't be good enough to win that

20 hours ago, Samifan said:

Willing to give Briere a pass for now. Because torts said Danny has a great hockey mind. Let Danny help comcast rebuild hockey ops

Anyone would be better, right?

But seriously, firing Chuck to bring in Briere would be about on par with trading JVR for a late round pick. It's a move for the sake of making a move

If it ever happened, in line with this being a "rebuild", I would hope they find a guy with a legit reputation and proven record 

@CoachX @flyercanuck

You guys can have your opinions about how you spend your money and which things you do in your leisure time without ruining someone else's leisure time.

I'm sure of it.

I am not spending one more cent on this team, that's been my stance the "aggressive re-tool" brought back Justin Braun and....uh - **** I don't care really;

Since Chuck failed to do anything last summer. 

When we all talk about the influence of the old guard on the team and how it's terrible etcetera, Let me ask this, if those guys truly have any stroke in the room, Chuck would have been fired Wednesday night, right?

Clarke and Holmgren are just fine with 12k Rangers fans coming into the building? At the very least Chuck should have a black eye, if we're to believe the old guard has influence. There is no way that situation would be acceptable to those old heads.

My hope is the corporation uses an external resource to search and vet GMs the way they did the coaches. Tortorella wasn't "anyone's" guy, questions about his links to the search agency notwithstanding. 

I also hope this is happening right ****** now. 

Chuck had some misfortune during his tenure, he also made a lot of terrible decisions.

He's shown to be ineffective again and again.

I'd have been fired by now- you guys would have been fired by now. 

It's so weird when I watch someone or something be so terrible, they can't even be bad right. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

You guys can have your opinions about how you spend your money and which things you do in your leisure time without ruining someone else'

How does my opinion or approach ruin anything for anyone?

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Let me ask this, if those guys truly have any stroke in the room, Chuck would have been fired Wednesday night.

Disagree. The good ol boys are more about staying in power and less about the product. They take care of thier own

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

How does my opinion or approach ruin anything for anyone?

If you were to boo the season ticket holders, that would suck for them.

That's what I was responding to FC about, you were adding your bit about the Comcast $, it's boring at the office today and I wanted to talk.

I think, just leave those folks be. 

14 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

If you were to boo the season ticket holders, that would suck for them.

That's what I was responding to FC about, you were adding your bit about the Comcast $, it's boring at the office today and I wanted to talk.

I think, just leave those folks be. 

So fans should just "shut up and color "?

@CoachX

No, I can't help but feel like I'm not explaining this properly to you.

If someone's idea of fun is going to an NHL hockey game, they've grown up going to the rink, their parents took them, now they're taking their kids...it's a part of the culture of the family or even just one person who really likes NHL hockey, who are we to boo those people or that person? It's not our place to chastise someone else for going to an NHL game. 

Just because a couple-a-three know-it-alls on the internet think Comcast needs to lose money on the team to see the light. The Flyers represent less than one half of one percent of Comcast's operating budget- big picture, Comcast couldn't care less what the hell happens with the Flyers good or bad, they are a morning eye booger, dry skin on their nose brushed away and not thought of again.

I'm not saying when those fans get to the rink that they can't boo, right now I hope they are, I'm saying let those people alone to do their thing.

They're not burning books or beating up marginalized people, they're doing something they enjoy that is harmless. 

• Good Post 1

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Good for them.

This was your original point. I'm not advocating booing anyone who buys tix to go. I'm saying this is the one area where fans may have, as you said, have the ability to "change things", or can be "moved to do something". Maybe I'm not clear on who these people you were calling out, are.

43 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Just because a couple-a-three know-it-alls on the internet think Comcast needs to lose money on the team to see the light. The Flyers represent less than one half of one percent of Comcast's operating budget- big picture, Comcast couldn't care less what the hell happens with the Flyers good or bad, they are a morning eye booger, dry skin on their nose brushed away and not thought of again

Maybe I didn't type it correctly,  but I thought this was my point. The corporation doesn't care if the team is successful in the ice or not. Therefore they don't really care about the little guy (fan). If people want to pay their money for that kind of product, so be it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

But seriously, firing Chuck to bring in Briere would be about on par with trading JVR for a late round pick. It's a move for the sake of making a move

If it ever happened, in line with this being a "rebuild", I would hope they find a guy with a legit reputation and proven record 

That’s why I said giving Briere a pass for the time being. From what I’ve heard and read he has a good relationship with Torts and the fans haven’t soured on him yet. Put him in place for the transition. If they can lure a great GM candidate to come to this shitshow then that person gets the job. If not let Danny have the keys to the store for a season to see what he can do. Definitely can’t do worse than Chuck!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Unbelievable.

Also  I don't believe Briere is the answer.

Briere could become the greatest GM in history, yet we will never know as long as the stubborn, arrogant, ignorant asses are still running the concast hockey show formerly known as the Flyers. And as long as Clarke, Barber, Holmgren and Scott are drawing breath this is what we will be dealing with.

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

I'm saying this is the one area where fans may have, as you said, have the ability to "change things", or can be "moved to do something". Maybe I'm not clear on who these people you were calling out, are

There are, what, 2 guys at Comcast that could come in a sweep out the garbage?

One of them is the part of the garbage I want swept, (Scott) and the other? Dan Hilferty is a lifelong, bleeds-orange-kind-of guy, but I don't think he's got anything to do vis-a-vis hockey ops.

Those are the people with the ability to make changes happen. One's part of the problem, the other is a question mark. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

I have no idea who can do what for Comcast. But obviously whoever can do whatever, cares to do nothing because the team is being run into the ground

I'm still confused as to your point. Are you saying there is nothing a fan can do, or nothing Comcast WILL do?

@CoachX

Both.

There are zero pressure points fans can apply to the management structure of this team.

seinfeld riot GIF

Especially if the people running the sausage factory don't give a **** that 12k fans of visiting teams are buying tickets and turning the WFC into MSG south.

That was infuriating. 

Coupled with the thought that 

On 3/5/2023 at 1:19 PM, flyercanuck said:

there is no need to boo these people. 

Edited by mojo1917

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

Ya, but he could be a Datsyuk or a Zetterberg so that "late round pick" can't be discarded until after it's made and given a chance. 

I just disagree with the idea that firing Chuck and hiring Briere is just deckchair shuffling on the titanic. Firing Chuck is simply the necessary first step in ANY possible rebuild. I'm not as worried about the new guy being told what to do by Clarke et. al. as having a new guy who will get along with Torts and they can move in the same direction in terms of who should be here and who shouldn't. If they clash it'll end up in a continued mess and then another firing and another new guy and that process just keeps stretching things out further and further like tires spinning in mud or snow getting nowhere. 

We need a plan. We need to stick to that plan. But first, we need Chuck to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1