NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Boston (A1) vs. Florida (WC2) - (Florida wins series 4-3)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Boston (A1) vs. Florida (WC2)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Bruins Sweep in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Panthers Sweep in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7*

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I would love to see Bob stand on his head again and beat the Bruins tonight. It looks like Montgomery is going with Swayman ...

Too bad the Kings lost last night. I actually want the better team to win.  Boston. A Florida win to me puts the Leafs in the final.  Even if Boston wins, I kind of like the Leafs chances still.  They will be a tough out.  Go Kraken also.

10 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

So you went to bed "double crushed" 🙂

Most certainly!
The ups n downs of a pro sports fan that we all know we have to deal with at various points, yea?
I am just thankful I don't have to wait 20-30 plus years to see winning like some fanbases do! :rolleyes: 

As for this series, and G7 tonight, well, while I WOULD like to see the Panthers pull off the upset, truth is, I think the Bruins would match up better against the Leafs in Round 2 and make for a more competitive series.

Florida has played out of their minds to get this series to where it is and not really sure they can continue that should they win.
Boston has been consistently good all year, so I expect them, should they win, to continue to do that in Round 2.

This goalie switch though......if true, I dunno bout that.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math said:

Ballsy. If the Bruins wins, he's a genius. If they lose, it's feathers and tar for him.

well he almost *has* to go with JS. Obviously Ullmark isn't the only one to blame for this going 7 but most are saying he hasn't been the same goalie he was in the reg season.

27 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

well he almost *has* to go with JS. Obviously Ullmark isn't the only one to blame for this going 7 but most are saying he hasn't been the same goalie he was in the reg season.

Swayman is the future for the bruins in net....get him in a pressure game, he see whar he can do, cause at this point, Ullmark has been meh.

• Like 1

Are these 2023 President’s Trophy Boston Bruins actually trying to imitate the 2010 President’s Trophy Washington Capitals ?

Have the Bruins been viewing YouTube clips of first-round events of 13 years ago, where Montreal trailed Washington 3-1 after four games ?

If so, very impressive re-enactment work, this.  Only two more periods to complete the project.

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Like 3

Current thoughts by Bruin fans .....

"wow. did the flu go through the room again? They're playing like they have 80% of their batteries"

"I remember when the Bruins were a rock solid defensive team. They are totally Keystone Kops in front of Swayman tonight"

"Did the Bruins forget that they are allowed to hit in the game of hockey?"

"The Panthers forecheck isn’t even that good, the Bruins just make idiotic decisions.

If Florida wins this game I guarantee Toronto sweeps them."

"These guys can't even complete a pass most of the time."

"Why can't we clear the zone??? I don't understand this!"

"This is f’ing embarrassing. I’ve seen upsets because of injuries, or running into a hot goalie, or atrocious officiating. But not here. The Panthers are simply better than the Boston Bruins. Read that again, it’s the truth and the numbers will bear that out.

If someone were to walk in cold, with no knowledge of the season, whether they knew hockey or not, and you asked them which was the 1 seed and which the 8, they would identify the Panthers as the top seed 100% of the time."

"Can't believe what is happening. They can't even get the puck into the offensive zone."

"I hate to say it because I bleed Black and Gold, but this might go down as the biggest choke in professional sports history. It is not completely over, but I haven’t had a good feeling about this since they lost game 5."

image.png.547bbc0f172f674f7520a027f079d04d.png

"That was horrible.

Three passes to nobody.

Playing catch in the o-Zone.

Finish it off with a pass to a Florida player."

"Wrong time to have a ****** PP."

"Zacha sucks"

"These guys stink right now. Really. The passing is atrocious."

"Zacha has been a huge liability"

"They've had their chances.
Don't seem to want it bad enough."

"Hope the coach reminds the team it’s game 7."

"We can't even complete a pass unless you count passing to a Panther's player - we are not the best tonight again"

"I don’t know how this is going to end….but we could take a lesson from last year’s President’s Trophy-winning team, who blew up the team because they weren’t built to win in the playoffs."

Going to be an interesting 3rd period .........

Gotta love this one! ... LOL

"I think the team went to a bachelor party early last week and a few babes with monstrous mammary glands completely took their minds off of hockey. The Panther organization probably paid for the whole gala. What a disgrace. Even worse than the 3-0 choke against Filthydelphia 13 years ago." :hehe:

:63:

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

11 minutes left for them to still emulate the Caps. :bigteeth:

Well, you must always remember that Capitals Minutes are much like dog years.  For the Caps, a ton of s%#! can occur in 11 minutes, about a couple games’ worth to most other teams.

And here we are…the Cats only have four more Bruin Minutes to tie this dog, er, puppy, up.

• Like 1

Goal Montour!! Go Cats, God do I hate Boston sports teams. Just hope refs sit on the whistles in ot, IMHO Boston only wins if they get a power play.

• Like 2

Two weeks ago, if you predicted one team from the state of Florida advancing, it would have been more bad news for Leafs fans.

I’ll go with Carter Verhaege in the OT.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Two weeks ago, if you predicted one team from the state of Florida advancing, it would have been more bad news for Leafs fans.

I’ll go with Carter Verhaege in the OT.

holy crap you called it!!!!

• Like 1