Round 1, Game 1: Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Monday 4-17-23, 8:30pm, American Airlines Center

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

Why did espn think Hartman had a bad wheel?

Did I miss something? 

He got tangled up on a play and looked in a bit of pain at the bench. Nothing too bad from what it looked tho.
hit on the knee it looked like.

Edited by ClusterChuck

Fantastic game!!! I think we never ever played in a Wild history 2 playoffs OT in 1 game and win it . Gustavsson in his 1st playoffs debut who they said is 6th goalie in NHL history was able to stop in this dramatic marathon 52 shots out of 54 in his net. Faber 1st playoffs debut was superb too who saved crucial shots in our net especially in OT. Steel in his 1st playoffs debut was able to place a goal and assist. I like also Nyquist talent in this such a difficult playoffs game.

• Good Post 2

@ Dean Evason (personal message)

Next time, could you please tell Dumba to target #20 and not some other elderly people? This is rude and inappropriate. Because now not only we have to play without Pavelski, but we have to play with Suter (if things weren't worse enough...)

(oh maybe, that was the real plan...)

• Haha 3

A couple questions/observations:

1. Is it just in the playoffs that ref can review a play - determine it was not a major penalty and then assign more penalties...?
  2. I noticed at least 2 times that Suter absolutely cross check Krill - one in front of the net which was cheap - but there was another one earlier where the puck was 50ft away and Super just fricken played into him with a cross check - cheap as hell - but a very different style of his older years...
  3. I absolutely loved Dallas' Robertson - puts in a 2% effort the whole night and was unnoticeable - then dishes by his box to make a line change - and gets destroyed...  Man - that was awesome. "Hey guys, here's why you don't stop on the play."  He was supposedly their superstar and something must have been very off for him last night because he was invisible - maybe he's hurt...  But watching him get laid on his a$$ cause me to rewind a few times...
  4. There were a few penalties on both side I absolutely didn't agree with - made me flash back a decade or so where each and every playoff game those refs were deciding horrible calls against MN...  There were also quite a few non calls that I think MN could have easily been called for.
  5. Got some tired MN fans this morning no doubt...  Good game - I didn't think MN was going to pull it off - but I was wrong...  
  • Good Post 2

1 hour ago, Confrontational said:

A couple questions/observations:

1. Is it just in the playoffs that ref can review a play - determine it was not a major penalty and then assign more penalties...?
  2. I noticed at least 2 times that Suter absolutely cross check Krill - one in front of the net which was cheap - but there was another one earlier where the puck was 50ft away and Super just fricken played into him with a cross check - cheap as hell - but a very different style of his older years...
  3. I absolutely loved Dallas' Robertson - puts in a 2% effort the whole night and was unnoticeable - then dishes by his box to make a line change - and gets destroyed...  Man - that was awesome. "Hey guys, here's why you don't stop on the play."  He was supposedly their superstar and something must have been very off for him last night because he was invisible - maybe he's hurt...  But watching him get laid on his a$$ cause me to rewind a few times...
  4. There were a few penalties on both side I absolutely didn't agree with - made me flash back a decade or so where each and every playoff game those refs were deciding horrible calls against MN...  There were also quite a few non calls that I think MN could have easily been called for.
  5. Got some tired MN fans this morning no doubt...  Good game - I didn't think MN was going to pull it off - but I was wrong...  

Reeves and Foligno WILL target the KwikTrip shill.  I expect that Suter will pull up lame before game  time (or find a way to duck all hits and altercations).  If I were BG/DE, I would be having a sit-down with Reeves and Foligno, and state; 'that $hit stops in the next game - by ANY means necessary, make Suter understand his bill has come due'.  Suter clearly took some cheap shots at Kirill, likely due to his unceremonious ending in MN and Kirill's ascension (and his disdain for BG).  Suter is the worst kind of baby/bitch to have on a team.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Reeves and Foligno WILL target the KwikTrip shill.  I expect that Suter will pull up lame before game  time (or find a way to duck all hits and altercations).  If I were BG/DE, I would be having a sit-down with Reeves and Foligno, and state; 'that $hit stops in the next game - by ANY means necessary, make Suter understand his bill has come due'.  Suter clearly took some cheap shots at Kirill, likely due to his unceremonious ending in MN and Kirill's ascension (and his disdain for BG).  Suter is the worst kind of baby/bitch to have on a team.

No way and agree, That's his main goal is to play and stick it to the Wild and BG. But when asked about wanting payback and his first words are "Oh Yes" and then about the team and winning says a lot about him.
I have no beef about Parise and he's done pretty decent this year also but Suter...Foligno is going to be watching him closer than he's already doing. Suter's going to want to be line changed whenever Moose is out there.

There's that scene in Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer where Rudolph is laying below the Bumble and Clarisse says "Why doesn't he just get it over with". (Great line for a kids movie btw)
That's how I was feeling in both OT's figuring Dallas eventually would get one and end it.
Especially after our chances thwarted by Ottenger, The few we got anyhow.
Hartman didn't shoot high/wide (probably too tired to miss) Boldy would've fumbled it off his stick and Zucc would've passed it from there. 😅

Gustavsson earned the right to start GM2. But usually after a home team loses a tight GM1, They seem to open it up on GM2, Maybe winning 5-2 or 4-1.
Question is, Since we got the one win in the Big D already, Do you send Fleury in to feed the wolves and save Gus for GM3 at home or Give him game 2.

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

No way and agree, That's his main goal is to play and stick it to the Wild and BG. But when asked about wanting payback and his first words are "Oh Yes" and then about the team and winning says a lot about him.
I have no beef about Parise and he's done pretty decent this year also but Suter...Foligno is going to be watching him closer than he's already doing. Suter's going to want to be line changed whenever Moose is out there.

There's that scene in Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer where Rudolph is laying below the Bumble and Clarisse says "Why doesn't he just get it over with". (Great line for a kids movie btw)
That's how I was feeling in both OT's figuring Dallas eventually would get one and end it.
Especially after our chances thwarted by Ottenger, The few we got anyhow.
Hartman didn't shoot high/wide (probably too tired to miss) Boldy would've fumbled it off his stick and Zucc would've passed it from there. 😅

Gustavsson earned the right to start GM2. But usually after a home team loses a tight GM1, They seem to open it up on GM2, Maybe winning 5-2 or 4-1.
Question is, Since we got the one win in the Big D already, Do you send Fleury in to feed the wolves and save Gus for GM3 at home or Give him game 2.

For me it’s the Gus Bus all the way unless he has a hiccup along the way. He’s 24 years old and can handle the workload in my opinion. But it is nice to have a veteran like Fleury waiting in the wings 

• Like 1