Round 1, Game 6: Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, 8:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Might he time to trade Kaprizov now for a few pieces you guys need now.

Why wait?

I don’t think it matters what they do. They’ve changed coaches multiple times, overhauled the roster several times, changed GMs, and it’s still the same results: first round exit. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

I don’t think it matters what they do. They’ve changed coaches multiple times, overhauled the roster several times, changed GMs, and it’s still the same results: first round exit. 

Time to try another way (yeah maybe another guys way).

I'd start by maybe moving thr assets who can bring the biggest return.

The good news is Chuck Fletcher is available to help you guys out.

• Haha 1
  • Annoyed 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why wait?

Geurin is probably now aiming for after the next 2 seasons to be competitive.  Cap hell and all that. During the 2 years he'll hopefully weed out the current anchors and bring up the youth and see how they fit in.
Then go out and fill in pieces when there's $$ to go after quality players. Find a couple players to compliment Kap and show the team is heading in a new direction with him (Kap) leading the way.
Other wise he walks when his contract is up.

• Like 1

24 years of nothingness ...DISGUSTING ..get rid of the whole💩 coaching staff.. sell boldy and kappy for a ransom.. start from scratch.

Central Division ...Get rid of all midgets ,no one under 6'2 ,  Need legit Centers ,more accurate right handed shots every position , Ted Nolan got railroaded for caring for his players ..How could it hurt to have a chat with him(hint ,hint)
If all they do is tweak this non scoring crap roster ,then leipold is happy with the 3 playoff home games ..(the said 2 players above are just regular season guy's you all seen it ,boldy 1 goal last year 3 assists this year)
you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that , basically the whole roster is regular season scrubs. Grinders don't do 💩.
Going forward: starting with a young dumb no experienced team with the proper coaching staff would be more fun watching them grow for 3-5 years than this 💩 we see year after year
START OVER, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ...QUIT BILKING THE FANS FOR A 1 AND DONE PLAYOFF....and no this wasn't a great year ... Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tvOh No Reaction GIFOh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditorFace Palm No GIF
Edited by wildstars95

1 hour ago, wildstars95 said:

24 years of nothingness ...DISGUSTING ..get rid of the whole💩 coaching staff.. sell boldy and kappy for a ransom.. start from scratch.

Central Division ...Get rid of all midgets ,no one under 6'2 ,  Need legit Centers ,more accurate right handed shots every position , Ted Nolan got railroaded for caring for his players ..How could it hurt to have a chat with him(hint ,hint)
If all they do is tweak this non scoring crap roster ,then leipold is happy with the 3 playoff home games ..(the said 2 players above are just regular season guy's you all seen it ,boldy 1 goal last year 3 assists this year)
you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that , basically the whole roster is regular season scrubs. Grinders don't do 💩.
Going forward: starting with a young dumb no experienced team with the proper coaching staff would be more fun watching them grow for 3-5 years than this 💩 we see year after year
START OVER, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ...QUIT BILKING THE FANS FOR A 1 AND DONE PLAYOFF....and no this wasn't a great year ... Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tvOh No Reaction GIFOh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditorFace Palm No GIF

So how do you really feel?

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why wait?

(shrugs)  Kaprizov's no movement clause kicks in after next season; so IMO that's your point of no return because if you don't think he'll re-sign then you probably think about selling out.  Although the fanbase would probably revolt if they did considering how long its waited to have a superstar.  

I agree with @IllaZillathat we've shuffled plenty of chairs on the Titanic that is this organization already; players, coaches, management to no avail.  Its something embedded in the psyche of this team that it isn't willing to fully commit to win in the post-season.  Watch any other series, and you will see guys putting their bodies on the line to block shots, win battles near the crease etc and the Wild never seem to fully commit to that.  Toss in a rancid PK and you get bounced easily in the 1st round year after year.  I don't think dealing Kaprizov will fix that.  

11 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

So how do you really feel?

enough is enough for phuck sakes ..not just for me but the people of minnesota and the parsecs of fans worlds wide .i'm getting old 1 stinking stanley cup ain't much to ask for ..just 1 😡

24 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

enough is enough for phuck sakes ..not just for me but the people of minnesota and the parsecs of fans worlds wide .i'm getting old 1 stinking stanley cup ain't much to ask for ..just 1 😡

(sigh)  How long do you think you'll live?  Because I'm doubtful it will happen in my lifetime.  

A buddy of mine named Tom posted this on Twitter.  

Since Oct 2004:

#mnwildNHL_Playoff_Extension_mnwild.png: 26-52 (.333)

#skolNFL_Minnesota_Vikings.png: 4-8 (.333)

#WolvesBackNBA_Playoff_Team_Hashtag_Emoji_MINN_WOLV: 4-12 (.250)

#mntwinsMLB_2023_Regular_Season_MNTwins.png: 0-18 (.000)

Total: 34-90 (.274) The absolute picture perfect example of irrelevance.

• Uggh... 3

As you know I am working in a medical field for almost 46 years. During surgical operation most surgeons prefer to listen some music. For the first time last Friday we were listen entire Wild game on a radio. Surgery was successful, but the Wild game was not.

For the last 2 decades during playoffs we always struggle to produce goals, especially during PP. These series after game#3 we placed from 0-2 goals per game which was not enough for the win. It seems system is wrong for all previous coaches. It is a time to replace this one too. I just looked for Evason resume. He is here since 2018 and started as assistant coach. Since February 2020 he was interim Wild coach , and since July 2020 he is as a Head Wild coach. 3 times with him as a coach we were not able to pass even 1 playoffs round. It is a time to replace him. He was good but not enough to progress the Wild success farther. I am thinking maybe Penguins coach is available yet? Then we will see more Russian star players for this team who will be able to bring us to a Stanley Cup finals during our life time. Every team has Russian players who are making an impact to team's success. Dadonov helped to Dallas Stars, Kostin to Oilers, Samsonov to Toronto Maple Leafs to pass round#1 this playoffs. Wild has now 7 players from Sweden, then we should add at least Russian speaking 4-5 players to make the difference in our success. And the system should be more offensively minded like Edmonton, Toronto, Boston and Colorado have.

• Like 2

(shrugs)  But Russo said he's safe.  It seems like everyone else seems to think he shouldn't be.  They said Bill Guerin spent a really long time just sort of staring down at the ice after the game was over.  My guess is the exit interviews will determine whether we see an exit of Dean Evason.  My guess is most of the other coaches not named Freddy Chabot are probably as good as gone though.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(shrugs)  But Russo said he's safe.  It seems like everyone else seems to think he shouldn't be.  They said Bill Guerin spent a really long time just sort of staring down at the ice after the game was over.  My guess is the exit interviews will determine whether we see an exit of Dean Evason.  My guess is most of the other coaches not named Freddy Chabot are probably as good as gone though.  

The standard reaction is to blame the coach and scream for his firing. Yes, Evason is in that 3-4 year term that is the usual length with nothing past rd 1.
Boudreau, Same, But BB had a long history of that. I kinda feel Russo is right but do you think Evason would want to stay if the rest of the coaches (Cough Darby) were to be canned?
Isn't it usually a clean sweep?

The brass this season adressed issues they felt were needed as they arose, As much they could.
Fans screamed for protection for Kaprisov, They got it.
Team felt they needed some offensive minded D...They found one.
Fans wanted the coach to play the 'Hot Hand' in the PO's. He did just that.
So who's to blame really? The coaching or is it the players not rising to the level of winning in the PO's. 

Edited by ClusterChuck

I think the blame is pretty clearly focused on the special teams. 
Who that is is unclear to me. 
Is it Darby, or is it someone else. 
For whatever reason Darby has survived a long time through different coaches. 
Not saying it’s Darby but he seems to have some glue to this team. 
At a minimum the PP coaching and the PK coaching need to go. 
And how much responsibility does the head coach share in the blame for what happens on special teams?

Edited by Tomdog
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Does Evanson have term?

According to capfriendly, he does, although the actual numbers aren't readily available for all coaches.
Here is sampling of some of the NHL head coaches, including Dean Evason.
As you can see, he has two years left after this one that just finished.

coaches.thumb.jpg.9c3cf1512675fde9d5a77352691f6592.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

According to capfriendly, he does, although the actual numbers aren't readily available for all coaches.
Here is sampling of some of the NHL head coaches, including Dean Evason.
As you can see, he has two years left after this one that just finished.

I could see BG stay with Evason into next season with all the youth coming up.
He should be familiar with them and see how it goes. Unless some magic happens with the youth, We're not going to be much of a threat as they refocus the team.
Big but...The special teams and whoever is coaching either revamps it totally or they go Bye-Bye. Can't stay with the same system. It be broke. 

Side note, My sympathies to you TFG, Your top 2 fav teams went down in a 24 hour period. :( 
Who's your 3rd fave to root for now?

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

He should be familiar with them and see how it goes. Unless some magic happens with the youth, We're not going to be much of a threat as they refocus the team.
Big but...The special teams and whoever is coaching either revamps it totally or they go Bye-Bye. Can't stay with the same system. It be broke. 

Side note, My sympathies to you TFG, Your top 2 fav teams went down in a 24 hour period. :( 

Heh...no worries.
The ups n downs of being a pro sports fan.
At least I got to see three Stanley Cups from the Lightning in my lifetime (can still get another with the current core!), and now just waiting on the Wild to deliver one....STOP SNICKERING!! :bigteeth: 

As for who for now?
I'd like to see Edmonton come out of the West...maybe Carolina or NJ out of the East.

I've been saying for years on this site that Edmonton will be the next Canadian based franchise to hoist the Cup....even said that when Vancouver, Winnipeg, and even Montreal were considered ahead of them.

As for Dean Evason, well, we will see.
If the Wild are to go through this dark period, maybe it is just as well to stay with the same coach and then see where they are when his contract expires.
Lots of questions for Minnesota as an organization that need to be addressed coming up.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I will be rooting for Oilers too. I was shocked after Boston elimination in round#1 with 3 losses in a row from Panthers. President Trophy team with the most wins (65) and 135 points during the regular season in NHL history Bruins were not able to pass round#1. I have heard from many Boston fans  on YouTube "we do not need any President Trophy forever if the team is not able to play playoffs hockey". And Kraken was able to eliminate last year Stanley Cup winner Avalanche in round#1 too. Two bottom teams in both Conferences were able to beat 2 top teams. Playoffs is already full of surprises. 

Edited by Alexandron

12 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Heh...no worries.
The ups n downs of being a pro sports fan.
At least I got to see three Stanley Cups from the Lightning in my lifetime (can still get another with the current core!), and now just waiting on the Wild to deliver one....STOP SNICKERING!! :bigteeth: 

As for who for now?
I'd like to see Edmonton come out of the West...maybe Carolina or NJ out of the East.

I've been saying for years on this site that Edmonton will be the next Canadian based franchise to hoist the Cup....even said that when Vancouver, Winnipeg, and even Montreal were considered ahead of them.

As for Dean Evason, well, we will see.
If the Wild are to go through this dark period, maybe it is just as well to stay with the same coach and then see where they are when his contract expires.
Lots of questions for Minnesota as an organization that need to be addressed coming up.

And we've had 3 good '''chances''' :P  That's including the N-Stars.
I was rooting for anybody to drop the AV's so I'm a Kraken fan for now. But overall, I'd like to see a Canadian winner. Toronto or Edmonton. 

8 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I will be rooting for Oilers too. I was shocked after Boston elimination in round#1 with 3 losses in a row from Panthers. President Trophy team with the most wins (65) and 135 points during the regular season in NHL history Bruins were not able to pass round#1. I have heard from many Boston fans  on YouTube "we do not need any President Trophy forever if the team is not able to play playoffs hockey". And Kraken was able to eliminate last year Stanley Cup winner Avalanche in round#1 too. Two bottom teams in both Conferences were able to beat 2 top teams. Playoffs is already full of surprises. 

Ask TFG about shocked when her TBL had the Presidents trophy and got swept in rd 1 not too many years ago.
There's usually 1-2 upsets in rd 1. I had picked Kraken over the Av's in 6. I would've picked anyone vs the AV's for that reason. Close enough and usually look for the big upset but it was hard to go against Boston. I wasn't surprised at all. 
Hopefully when rd 2 starts, There'll be as many close game 6 or gm 7's but things usually switch in rd 2 with some 5 game dominations etc.
I'm just looking for fun matchups now. 

this is new.JPG