NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas wins series 4-2)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) or Seattle (WC1)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Knights sweep in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6*
    • Knights in 7
    • Stars sweep in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Game 1 | Knights 4 Stars 3 (OT)

Game 2 | Knights 3 Stars 2 (OT)

Game 3 | Knights 4 Stars 0

Game 4 | Stars 3 Knights 2

Game 5 | Stars 4 Knights 2

Game 6 | Knights 6 Stars 0

Game 7 | Wednesday, May 31 at 8 p.m. * | T-Mobile Arena | TV: ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
* If necessary
All times Central

Edited by pilldoc

We have us a real treat of a game 7 tomorrow.  I doubt there is an ounce of arrogance left in the Stars ⭐️.  My heart ❤️ says Kracken.  And why not in a game 7.  Seattle must be diligent in their own zone.  Yet they can’t be the 90s Devils either.  It would sure help if they scored first.  

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2)

Game 1 | Friday, May 19 at 7:30 p.m. | T-Mobile Arena | TV: ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS

Game 2 | Sunday, May 21 at 2 p.m. | T-Mobile Arena | TV: ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS

Game 3 | Tuesday, May 23 at 7 p.m. | American Airlines Center | TV: ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS

Game 4 | Thursday, May 25 at 7 p.m. | American Airlines Center | TV: ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS

Game 5 | Saturday, May 27 at 7 p.m. * | T-Mobile Arena | TV: ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS

Game 6 | Monday, May 29 at 7 p.m. * | American Airlines Center | TV: ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS

Game 7 | Wednesday, May 31 at 8 p.m. * | T-Mobile Arena | TV: ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
* If necessary
All times Central

11 PAST STANLEY CUP WINNERS IN THE 2023 NHL PLAYOFFS SEMI-FINALS

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

1. 2012 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings

2. 2012 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings

3. 2014 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings

4. 2014 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings

5. 2016 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins

6. 2017 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins

7. 2018 - Chandler Stephenson - Washington Capitals

8. 2019 - Alex Pietrangelo - St. Louis Blues

9. 2019 - Ivan Barbashev - St. Louis Blues

DALLAS STARS

1. 2011 - Tyler Seguin - Boston Bruins

CAROLINA HURRICANES

1. 2009 - Jordan Staal - Pittsburgh Penguins

2. 2015 - Teuvo Teravainen - Chicago Blackhawks

FLORIDA PANTHERS

1. 2006 - Eric Staal - Carolina Hurricanes

2. 2020 - Carter Verhaeghe - Tampa Bay Lightning

Edited by NHL HHOF

Goalies: :stars:

Defense: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Offense: :stars:

Special teams (PP/PK): :stars:

Coaching: :stars:

Mental: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Experience: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Robustness: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

Depth: :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm:

A tough one again, I can't really see a favorite here. Vegas has a deeper team and also a line-up that offers more flexibility. This series will be again different from the Wild and Kraken ones. The key will be the depth in defense and also if Robertson finally wakes up. He's been several time on the scoresheet but he's still not implicated in the game, doesn't go where it hurts, he almost looks like the 2020 rookie. It should go to the limit but I'm afraid the Knights seems to be a bit more loaded. Vegas in 7.

Do Vegas or Dallas have any players on injured reserve who have won the Stanley Cup? I'm talking about players who didn't play enough games in the regular season to be considered as Stanley Cup champions if their team wins this season. Florida has Patric Hornqvist. He won twice with Pittsburgh.

44 minutes ago, NHL HHOF said:

Do Vegas or Dallas have any players on injured reserve who have won the Stanley Cup? I'm talking about players who didn't play enough games in the regular season to be considered as Stanley Cup champions if their team wins this season. Florida has Patric Hornqvist. He won twice with Pittsburgh.

Vegas has Alec Martinez and Jonathan Quick (twice with Kings), and Ivan Barbashev with the Blues most recently.

Dallas has just Tyler Seguin (Boston)

25 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Vegas has Alec Martinez and Jonathan Quick (twice with Kings), and Ivan Barbashev with the Blues most recently.

Dallas has just Tyler Seguin (Boston)

All the players you mentioned are currently playing, and they played the full regular season as well, except for Quick. He only played 10 regular season games this season, and no playoff games.

I listed the players above earlier. Just wondered if there were more, on injured reserve. I guess not.

Edited by NHL HHOF

12 PAST STANLEY CUP WINNERS IN THE 2023 NHL PLAYOFFS SEMI-FINALS

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

1. 2012 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings
2. 2012 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings
3. 2014 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings
4. 2014 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings
5. 2016 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins
6. 2017 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins
7. 2018 - Chandler Stephenson - Washington Capitals
8. 2019 - Alex Pietrangelo - St. Louis Blues
9. 2019 - Ivan Barbashev - St. Louis Blues

DALLAS STARS

1. 2011 - Tyler Seguin - Boston Bruins

CAROLINA HURRICANES

1. 2009 - Jordan Staal - Pittsburgh Penguins
2. 2015 - Teuvo Teravainen - Chicago Blackhawks

FLORIDA PANTHERS

1. 2006 - Eric Staal - Carolina Hurricanes
2. 2016 - Patric Hornqvist - Pittsburgh Penguins
3. 2017 - Patric Hornqvist - Pittsburgh Penguins
4. 2020 - Carter Verhaeghe - Tampa Bay Lightning

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NHL HHOF said:

All the players you mentioned are currently playing, and they played the full regular season as well, except for Quick. He only played 10 regular season games this season, and no playoff games.

I listed the players above earlier. Just wondered if there were more, on injured reserve. I guess not.

Ahh, ok.

I just read the last thing you posted.
And those players I did that off the top of my head.

On reserve, injured, then I don't think there are others.

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas leads series 1-0)
8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sucks to lose like that.

Guess Vegas is proving you don't need elite goaltending to go deep in the playoffs if you have a good team in front of him.

Chicago proved that years ago with Crawford in net.
He was just 'ok' for the most part, did just enough...but had a GREAT offensive and defensive team in front of him.

Also, Colorado proved that with Darcy Kuemper last year.

I guess you still always want to have great goaltending, but in lieu of that, yea, a good, deep team playing in front of an average goalie will do!

• Like 2

And Niemi, Antti fúcking Niemi, has a ring...

Welp too bad for Öttinger because he was the reason why the Stars reached the OT after being notably dominated the whole game. Ironically, he gave up two soft goals.

1 hour ago, Math said:

And Niemi, Antti fúcking Niemi, has a ring...

Welp too bad for Öttinger because he was the reason why the Stars reached the OT after being notably dominated the whole game. Ironically, he gave up two soft goals.

The last one, in which Marchessault scored to send the game into OT, was on the defense. Heiskanen needs to get to that puck first, and if he doesn't, Suter has to be able to knock it away. Not much Oettinger could do on that play, IMHO.

• Like 1

Look, if it came down to a Fla/VGK SCF....

Imagine if you will Bob leading the Panthers to a cup, or Vegas led by (WhoTF) is Aiden Hill😁

Fla, a deep team with a stud vezina winning netminder or Vegas a deep team with a journeyman no name....

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

The last one, in which Marchessault scored to send the game into OT, was on the defense. Heiskanen needs to get to that puck first, and if he doesn't, Suter has to be able to knock it away. Not much Oettinger could do on that play, IMHO.

Yeah I was mentioning the game #1.

Sütër made a rookie mistake on the Marchessault tying goal. Not only he generated the turnover, but just watched the play like he didn't care. And it's a 1,200+ NHL veteran Dman who did it.

And then it was the usual OT Stars liability all the way. They are now 0-4 on OT in the playoffs. If you can't get some greasy goals and go where it hurts and score when it counts, you don't deserve to go any further.

• Like 2

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas leads series 2-0)

The Stars played an awesome road playoff game for 57 minutes, then Suter had to,  I don't even know what his intent was there... ruin it for everyone.  Did he have a marvelous time? I don't know,  did he pull **** like that in Minnesota?

That building was a mausoleum most of the afternoon. 

I still like the Stars chances to make this an entertaining series. 

Hell they couldn't still win it. 

Vegas held serve, barely. 

33 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

then Suter had to,  I don't even know what his intent was there... ruin it for everyone.  Did he have a marvelous time? I don't know,  did he pull **** like that in Minnesota?

This is one of the guys Holmgren blew up the team for, knowing that they had no intention of signing here.

Good times.

#halloffame

:hocky:

Edited by radoran