NHL 2022-23 Stanley Cup Finals - Vegas (P1) vs. Florida (WC) (Vegas wins Stanley Cup 4-1)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Stanley Cup Finals - Vegas (P1) vs. Florida (WC)   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Stanley Cup?

• Knights sweep in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

23 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I’m betting the layoff messed with Panthers a bit.

Perhaps to some degree, but Vegas had their giddy up goin’ on in Game 1.  But a Cats victory tonight sets them up for home wins in Games 3/4/6 and a 4-2 series victory.

On 6/4/2023 at 2:14 PM, NHL HHOF said:

Florida will still win the Stanley Cup. They need it more. Tkachuk and Cousins and the rest have learned their lessons.

It feels like you reversed jinxed them...if that even is a thing.

It's like Adin Leighton Hill is their kryptonite...

I know it is still only Game 2, and I know Vegas has a history of pissing away series leads, but man, do they look damned good against a formerly red hot and determined Florida squad.

Did the Panthers use up all their ammunition taking out the 'big boys' of the East?
Was the layoff between series too long?
Did they perhaps, underestimate the Knights after taking out the record setting Bruins, the highly touted Leafs, and the heavily favored Hurricanes?

Or maybe, just maybe, the Knights have finally come to collect what has eluded them since they entered the league, AND they are MAKING the Panthers have a bad start to these Finals!

Sergei Bobrovsky has just been replaced by Alex Lyon, though they announcers swear it is more about the Panthers play in front of him than the goalie himself.

Sure, Vegas looks better; they should. They have almost $10M more on their roster than the Panthers. The league could fix this problem so easily. Yes, you need black aces around for the playoffs, but you should still be required to dress a roster which complies with the cap. But no, they're insistent on doing this, so once again, the team which is best able to cheese the cap has the best chance to win the Cup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I know it is still only Game 2, and I know Vegas has a history of pissing away series leads, but man, do they look damned good against a formerly red hot and determined Florida squad.

Did the Panthers use up all their ammunition taking out the 'big boys' of the East?
Was the layoff between series too long?
Did they perhaps, underestimate the Knights after taking out the record setting Bruins, the highly touted Leafs, and the heavily favored Hurricanes?

Or maybe, just maybe, the Knights have finally come to collect what has eluded them since they entered the league, AND they are MAKING the Panthers have a bad start to these Finals!

Sergei Bobrovsky has just been replaced by Alex Lyon, though they announcers swear it is more about the Panthers play in front of him than the goalie himself.

Ol Radko got smoked...

and now Hill has become a Wall. Unreal. The Panthers better start doing what Vegas did to Bob - multiple bodies in front otherwise this is a G2 shutout. Still hoping for Panthers in 7.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It feels like you reversed jinxed them...if that even is a thing.

It's like Adin Leighton Hill is their kryptonite...

Eric Staal will score the Stanley Cup winning goal!

I thought Vegas vastly out-skated them in the 3rd on Saturday, rendering Florida’s late second period goal moot.  And it’s much the same for two periods tonight.  

Like Muddy Waters, Vegas got their mojo workin’.

Ha ! well that slight glimmer of hope didn't last long...

good to see Eichel back

Vegas is just doing everything better from

puck retrieval to defending as a group, goaltending etc. (Lyon has played great so far no knock on him) it’s all going Vegas’ way. They’re getting every bounce and they deserve them.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

On 6/4/2023 at 11:16 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Didn't know you were a Montreal Canadian fan - who knew?

Where did that guy come from?  i am writing the mods and Pilldoc to reinstate my real name. . Buffalo Rick

WTF has Aleksander Barkov??? been talk about a no show.

He hasn't scored a goal in 2 weeks.

He only scored 2 vs Canes.

1 vs Leafs

And 1 vs Boston talk about absentee star.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

WTF has Aleksander Barkov??? been talk about a no show.

He hasn't scored a goal in 2 weeks.

He only scored 2 vs Canes.

1 vs Leafs

And 1 vs Boston talk about absentee star.

Missing....Milk Carton Missing

• Good Post 1