2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man this kid is HUGE....looks like he is skating with a kid out there.

Hope he has better lick than Morin had.

Pray his knees hold up.  I was a big Morin fan...really thought he had Chara potential.  Really tragic what happened w his ACL and knees and such

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hmc687 said:

Sanheim was out best defenseman going into last season and really had a dud of a year.  There's a strong possibility he rebounds in a good way and lives up the contract.

Dont see why so many people are itching to get rid of Sanheim.  His cap hit is fine especially w cap going up next year and the odds are we get an improved defenseman in Travis as the team structure solidifies and improves.

The Flyers have direction for the first time in YEARS so I'm genuinely excited.  And I expect Sanheim to be a reliable 2nd pair LHD.

Well, there was this one time Nathan Gerbe tossed him when he was 20 that he'll never live down, see.

Also he doesn't use his frame in a physically imposing manner,  many think he is soft because his game isn't the physical porch clearer...

I'm all over this site saying I'm fine with the player.  You're right that last season was perhaps an outlier. 

I hope so. 

I want to see more offense from him. He can skate and is a hard worker,  I want to see that start to pay off .

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well, there was this one time Nathan Gerbe tossed him when he was 20 that he'll never live down, see.

Also he doesn't use his frame in a physically imposing manner,  many think he is soft because his game isn't the physical porch clearer...

I'm all over this site saying I'm fine with the player.  You're right that last season was perhaps an outlier. 

I hope so. 

I want to see more offense from him. He can skate and is a hard worker,  I want to see that start to pay off .

My big problem is Sanheims  skinny ass arms. Such a big imposing frame and this dude can't put in some work in the weight room to build upper body strength? It speaks to a lack of desperation....coasting if you will. Hes not interested in being the very best he can be...and that is weak!!

• Like 2

Yea, despite Sanheim's crappy year last year, I have no problem with him overall.  I'm hoping he has a comeback year this year but he really isn't a big problem for the Flyers and potentially has the abilities to be a real asset for them moving forward.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'll just say this....he's getting paid less than JVR or Hayes were. He's getting paid barely more than Deangelo or Ristolainen. I'll take him over those 4. 

He's making less than Orlov's 7.75 mill too...not sure how that dude got paid that much?

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Is that Sammy? 

That is Matteo Mann a 6-6 225 right hand Sam Morin who was drafted the other day.

Sam Morin was working with him the other day at development camp though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Ristolainen

I'm hoping the staff can turn him into some serviceable D man they can trade this year maybe.

From reports i read because i didn't watch it sounds like he was making strides in that area not huge one but progress none the less...so fingers crossed.

• Good Post 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm hoping the staff can turn him into some serviceable D man they can trade this year maybe.

From reports i read because i didn't watch it sounds like he was making strides in that area not huge one but progress none the less...so fingers crossed.

I think just NOT playing under the imbecile Chuck Fletcher should lift everyones game. It's gotta be tough playing when you know it's completely hopeless, cause every one of his moves makes your team weaker.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Well this sounds good.

I have seen it reported many times by many people they were shocked at how physical he is despite his size.

I love it.

About time maybe he can show up Travis Sanheim.

On 7/6/2023 at 5:40 AM, flyercanuck said:

I'll just say this....he's getting paid less than JVR or Hayes were. He's getting paid barely more than Deangelo or Ristolainen. I'll take him over those 4. 

Agreed, but the bar is so low a world champion limbo player wouldn't even make an attempt!