2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

It's either Flyers or back to the SHL he won't be able to play in the SHL this upcoming season.

And his entry level contract will start this upcoming season in the SHL too.

Edited by OccamsRazor

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe he does, but the Flyers have drafted 24 goalies in the last 20 years, and here is the list of goalies who have been better than Hart....

What are you using to validate this as being better than Hart?

What metric?

If you look at his numbers they are almost pedestrian.

I understand what you are saying but at the same time we have seen lesser goalies do more with worse teams.

So if you are going to inflate his value I must know what what you're doing this with besides just from memory of what has happened to the Flyers and their goalie situation.

Just playing Devil's advocate.

Because if you were to keep him or even trade him surely we must have something to show why.

And the eye ball test isn't enough for me.

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just for example Roman Cechmanek (6th) has more wins is 40 less games.

Hart is 9th in wins. But 4th is losses.

Just saying.

Cechmanek was drafted over 20 years ago. As was Hextall, Parent, Lindbergh etc. Over the last 20 years, Hart has been easily our best drafted goalie....so far.

14 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Cechmanek was drafted over 20 years ago. As was Hextall, Parent, Lindbergh etc. Over the last 20 years, Hart has been easily our best drafted goalie....so far.

Ok I get what you're saying "drafted" yeah hard to argue with that.

He is far better than Jean-Marc Pelletier!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe he does, but the Flyers have drafted 24 goalies in the last 20 years, and here is the list of goalies who have been better than Hart....

...and I'm hoping they continue. Draft at least one goalie every year and see how many of them hit. Great problem to have.

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Great problem to have.

Yes it's all about collecting assets and by that i mean good assets because there is only one net.

But it isn't any different than their embarrassment of riches at RW a good GM can turn them into the guys he needs at the moment.

That is why it is always so key to draft BPA especially when you're drafting kids.

A great GM will have to be able to marry the draft/development with free agency.

Build your foundation through the draft and in a pinch fill your holes through free agency when it suits you.

Morgan Frost … 1R pick 27th overall in 2017. I wonder what he (and his agent) thinks his value is to the Flyers. He hasn’t exactly wow-ed the league the past 4 years. On the other hand he does keep getting better every year.

A 3-year deal should be the term limit. By then the Flyers should’ve made substantial progress on the rebuild and have a high standard of excellence. The top 6 should all be consistently productive players: 45-pt centers need not apply. Frost isn’t big enough or strong enough to lead a checking line and checking lines are obsolete anyway.

After 3 years it’ll be clear whether Frost has carved out a top 6 role for himself on a team with (legit) Cup ambitions. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Morgan Frost … 1R pick 27th overall in 2017. I wonder what he (and his agent) thinks his value is to the Flyers. He hasn’t exactly wow-ed the league the past 4 years. On the other hand he does keep getting better every year.

A 3-year deal should be the term limit. By then the Flyers should’ve made substantial progress on the rebuild and have a high standard of excellence. The top 6 should all be consistently productive players: 45-pt centers need not apply. Frost isn’t big enough or strong enough to lead a checking line and checking lines are obsolete anyway.

After 3 years it’ll be clear whether Frost has carved out a top 6 role for himself on a team with (legit) Cup ambitions. 

You are probably right about this.

You're being more generous than I would be, I think we kind of know what the deal is with 'ol Frosty, I'd sign him to something slightly better than the N Cates deal for the same term.

14 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

A 3-year deal should be the term limit.

With the salary camp supposed to jump at the end of next year many agents are wanting short term for their clients so that they can reconvene on this when the cap goes up so i would expect a 2 year deal 2.5 mill the first 3.5 mill the 2nd year (6 total).

On 7/3/2023 at 1:30 PM, RonJeremy said:

Well of course , I’m not saying Hart is gone just to be rid of him. We need to get a great return for him, I’m just saying the writing is on the wall and we are rebuilding..  We traded our best defenseman,so  as of now Sanheim is our best defenseman. 

Nooooo GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

11 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

Nooooo GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Frightening thought, Sanheim is a solid #3 dman but the contract is way too long. Provorov may not have been a true #1 dman but he certainly was the Flyers #1 dman. Sanheim and York are offensive defenseman with no physical game at all. I don't think either of them are durable or physical enough to replace the minutes Provorov played. Hopefully in the next draft we will have a top 5 pick and get a potential top pair dman.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Frightening thought, Sanheim is a solid #3 dman but the contract is way too long. Provorov may not have been a true #1 dman but he certainly was the Flyers #1 dman. Sanheim and York are offensive defenseman with no physical game at all. I don't think either of them are durable or physical enough to replace the minutes Provorov played. Hopefully in the next draft we will have a top 5 pick and get a potential top pair dman.

After all of the film i have seen on York he does in my mind have a chance to be a #2.

However it depends on what their #1 skill set is to be able to determine how much York could mesh with the guy.

Guy who could maybe be a #1....Andrea/Grans/Bonk...can't say sitting here right now they can i just can't predict their upside...i'm sure someone rocket scientists around here will tell me (us) they can't or won't because they know more than us.

I'm just going to say if someone put a gun to my gun and made me pick a #1 it would be Bonk.

My future blueline 

York/Bonk

Andrea/Grans

Ginning/Samson

Just an educated guess - not some much educated...

@OccamsRazor

Need to find York a Ken Danyko type partner.

If someone along those lines develops, gets signed or traded for I think York could be a #1 .

York's game reminds me of Scott Niedermayer a bit, not quite the same skater, but there are similarities imo. He doesn't panic, never seems rushed, he likes the game on his stick in the same was as Niedes. 

I'd take 10 years of that kind of pairing. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

Need to find York a Ken Danyko type partner.

If someone along those lines develops, gets signed or traded for I think York could be a #1 .

York's game reminds me of Scott Niedermayer a bit, not quite the same skater, but there are similarities imo. He doesn't panic, never seems rushed, he likes the game on his stick in the same was as Niedes. 

I'd take 10 years of that kind of pairing. 

Honestly, this is where I'd use Attard. I think he'd be a great compliment for York. While I understand that Attard has an offensive element to his game, he also brings size, skating ability and can really play physical if need be. The skill aspect that Attard brings would be really intriguing to the pair. If teams go to shut down York, then Attard picks up the offensive slack. You can really create mismatches with that. The question is.......does Brad Shaw think outside the box like that or is he insistent that all pairings have one offensive guy and one defensive guy, no exceptions...

• Like 1