2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyer on Flyer crime!!!

:flyer:

Knights beat the struggling Spitfires 10-7. Barkey with 3 assists and Bonk with a goal. Windsor forward Liam Greentree (ranked 15-20 in next years 1st round) with 1 goal 3 assists. 

• Like 1

I've had discussions with people that are angry with the fact that Danny B chose Bonk when Perrault was still on the board...and maybe Perrault turns out to be a stud..but If Bonk turns out to be a steady dependable D-Man, well a team needs those guys too...

side note BC has Gauthier, Leonard, Will Smith and Perrault...that team is STACKED!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

people that are angry with the fact that Danny B chose Bonk when Perrault was still on the board.

If I remember correctly, there wasn't really a consensus on Perrault.

I saw more than one scouting service question if he was the weak link on his team USA line. 

I also saw that he was a smooth skater, blah blah with top 6 upside.

The fact more than one of the sheets was kind of meh on him makes me think that's what Danny Jonesy® saw as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

If I remember correctly, there wasn't really a consensus on Perrault.

I saw more than one scouting service question if he was the weak link on his team USA line. 

I also saw that he was a smooth skater, blah blah with top 6 upside.

The fact more than one of the sheets was kind of meh on him makes me think that's what Danny Jonesy® saw as well.

A lot of scouts thought his offense would not transfer to the NHL level.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 1:08 AM, jammer2 said:

Knights beat the struggling Spitfires 10-7. Barkey with 3 assists and Bonk with a goal. Windsor forward Liam Greentree (ranked 15-20 in next years 1st round) with 1 goal 3 assists. 

Greentree is hopefully a Flyer using the Florida pick.

22 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Greentree is hopefully a Flyer using the Florida pick.

Would LOVE to see that! Greentree is a beast! Pretty low bar for ex-Spitfires playing for the Flyers. Eric Wellwood was promising before the horrible injury. Leighton froze on the infamous Kane goal...he makes that save, gets out of the OT and wins game 7? ...ok...pipedream.

The other one I can recall is Frank (Blood) Bathe...lol.

Edit...missed Neuivirth and Steve Downie ...bar still LOW!

81-82 season Frank Bathe actually won the Barry Ashbee Trophy....lol, not saying much since Norm Barnes won it 2 years prior...some down years before Mark Howe arrived!

Edited by jammer2

29 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Would LOVE to see that! Greentree is a beast! Pretty low bar for ex-Spitfires playing for the Flyers. Eric Wellwood was promising before the horrible injury. Leighton froze on the infamous Kane goal...he makes that save, gets out of the OT and wins game 7? ...ok...pipedream.

The other one I can recall is Frank (Blood) Bathe...lol.

Edit...missed Neuivirth and Steve Downie ...bar still LOW!

81-82 season Frank Bathe actually won the Barry Ashbee Trophy....lol, not saying much since Norm Barnes won it 2 years prior...some down years before Mark Howe arrived!

I'm going for a defenseman and a forward this year again. If the defenseman is Mews from Ottawa and the forward is Greentree, that's a win for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope Elliotte Desnoyers is OK after this cheap shot to the head...

...good to see Attard jumping and defend his team-mate 

Didn't look dirty on the replay. Osipov clearly has a height advantage on Desnoyers and he caught Desnoyers with the puck. The on ice awareness of players sometimes isn't what it should be.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Didn't look dirty on the replay. Osipov clearly has a height advantage on Desnoyers and he caught Desnoyers with the puck. The on ice awareness of players sometimes isn't what it should be.

Looks to me it was shoulder to head unless you got a different angle you're looking at than i.

Unless there’s some history btw those 2 I’m sure the height difference is why Desnoyers took the hit in the face. Hope he’s alright it looked pretty nasty.

edit btw good to hear Andrae is back in action after the head injury in his 2nd game for the Phantoms.. picked up 2 assists in his first game back.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

On 11/10/2023 at 10:21 AM, flyerdog said:

I've had discussions with people that are angry with the fact that Danny B chose Bonk when Perrault was still on the board...and maybe Perrault turns out to be a stud..but If Bonk turns out to be a steady dependable D-Man, well a team needs those guys too...

side note BC has Gauthier, Leonard, Will Smith and Perrault...that team is STACKED!

I didn't care for Perrault. The guy I wanted was Riley Heidt. I thought the Flyers needed a legit center prospect and this was a 17 year old in the WHL who played in all situations, got lots of ice time and scored 97 points. Terrific skater, intelligent and physical. In reality, he was a better skating Mike Richards. I'm glad that Bonk is a Flyer though. Seriously, he's going to be a top pairing defenseman for a long time. That was also a need.

I was reading Bleacher Report tonight and they had their first regular mock draft and they had the Flyers drafting Zayne Parekh and Cayden Lindstrom. I just watched some video of Lindstrom tonight and what an impressive physical talent. He's got size at 6'5, 210 pounds, but he's got speed, smarts and hands. And he can shoot. He's got Tage Thompson vibes to him.