Camillo Out at Spectacor

radoran

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nhl/philadelphia-flyers/valerie-camillo-leaving-comcast-spectacor-flyers-leadership-group/519538/

A month after being introduced as a key member of the new era of orange leadership group, Valerie Camillo is pursuing other interests.

Well that was quick ........ hmmmmmm 

19 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Good or bad ....Laughton sure has drawn a lot of attention recently......

It's always good to keep a hard working average skill player around to show the young guys how to prepare and work hard. But, a first round pick is too good to pass up and we still have Coots and Atkinson  to play that role and Cates is another guy who can do that.  Get rid of Laughton immediately and keep compiling draft picks.

This move isn't entirely surprising given the other personnel changes.  If I were in her shoes, Keith Jones' appointment would be an affront.  In many ways, she was a more deserving candidate.  I suspect she'll be an executive elsewhere.  

The Sharp pick--shoot, how many special assistants do we need?  

7 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

It's always good to keep a hard working average skill player around to show the young guys how to prepare and work hard.

someone just shoot me now. Laughton mentoring young players is like Clarke mentoring Holmgren to be GM

as for Camillo, couldn't we have at least gotten Hayes included in the deal

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, CoachX said:

someone just shoot me now. Laughton mentoring young players is like Clarke mentoring Holmgren to be GM

as for Camillo, couldn't we have at least gotten Hayes included in the deal

Come on, you did CNN fake news editing and left out the specific names I mentioned. Coots and Atkinson are both hard working guys who always give 100% . If I said JVR and DA, then you got me.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Come on, you did CNN fake news editing and left out the specific names I mentioned. Coots and Atkinson are both hard working guys who always give 100% . If I said JVR and DA, then you got me.

oh, you typed more after "Laughton"? It all went dark for me at that point