Flyers sign Poeling

CoachX

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

Geez...is this a 1 way deal?? 1.4 mill for 7 goals and 7 assists?? Is he a Selke candidate?? This is odd...

He was the 25th overall pick, so I'm guessing they think he's a late bloomer

Just now, Podein25 said:

I have seen him score a few nice goals, but mainly considered a bust in Montreal. Splitting hairs, but I give him vet minimum tops. Half mill on the cap can add up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

I have seen him score a few nice goals, but mainly considered a bust in Montreal. Splitting hairs, but I give him vet minimum tops. Half mill on the cap can add up. 

Yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher. Good agent I guess. Maybe he's good in the room lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

4th line center competition is all.

I guess. Their NHL scouts must see something. Odds of flipping him at the deadline are nil, so the diamond in the rough theory must apply. I just hope he's strong on the puck and tough to play against. 

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

He's from Minnesota. Fletch has left his mark on the team.

Yep, the stooge's right hand man, Nature Boy Brent Flahr is still the assistant GM. There will always be a Minnesota flavour if the stench from the previous regime is still around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yep, the stooge's right hand man, Nature Boy Brent Flahr is still the assistant GM. There will always be a Minnesota flavour if the stench from the previous regime is still around.

I just read he was pretty decent on the PK...had a couple short handed goals and apparently good at the role. Makes a bit more sense now. Flyers really needed to upgrade the pk guys. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I just read he was pretty decent on the PK...had a couple short handed goals and apparently good at the role. Makes a bit more sense now. Flyers really needed to upgrade the pk guys. 

Ya, it's a one year, and we need bodies. Especially when I doubt Briere is done.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I'm looking at the 45% face offs won percentage, the average ice time of 11:46, the 64 shots taken in 53 games and the 7 goals. He stinks.

If he was signed only to play on the PK, then I'd like to know why the Flyers refuse to use Farabee and Frost as a pair on the PK? Everywhere they've been prior to the NHL, they've been successful and great penalty killers. It only makes sense that they should continue to use them here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm looking at the 45% face offs won percentage, the average ice time of 11:46, the 64 shots taken in 53 games and the 7 goals. He stinks.

If he was signed only to play on the PK, then I'd like to know why the Flyers refuse to use Farabee and Frost as a pair on the PK? Everywhere they've been prior to the NHL, they've been successful and great penalty killers. It only makes sense that they should continue to use them here.

45% face off percentage?? This our new PK dude? Puck possession pretty important there....lol. on the bright side, we can bury him in the AHL for a half mill cap hit...while taking away valuable minutes from actual prospects.

It may not seem big, but this is our 1st chance to see what kind of stamp he wants to put on this team...pfffft. 

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher. Good agent I guess. Maybe he's good in the room lol

Can he play multiple positions in the lineup?

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

But....but... don't we have Laughton?:thinking:

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Yes, I would think so. I mentioned in the other thread they're probably thinking along the lines of their luck with Tippett.

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I guess. Their NHL scouts must see something. Odds of flipping him at the deadline are nil, so the diamond in the rough theory must apply. I just hope he's strong on the puck and tough to play against. 

#PuckHunter