Game 9: Carolina Hurricanes at Philadelphia Flyers; 10/30/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are back to underdog status (+190), and have lost seven straight to the Canes, our last win being November of '21.  

Carolina Hurricanes vs Philadelphia Flyers | Odds Shark

You'd expect a "bounce back" game after Anaheim.  Or do we see a new and ugly normal for a Flyers squad?  This is hard to say, but we may miss Risto clearing the porch.  And our fourth line is reverting back to "energy" rather than potential scoring.  This is a good test against a squad that has given us fits over the last two seasons. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

To me Frat Boyz line is very interesting to me.

Farabee - Cates - Brink

Frat boy line made me think of vintage Richards, Carter and Upshall trying to bang every co-Ed in the Delaware valley😂

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

48 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Frat boy line made me think of vintage Richards, Carter and Upshall trying to bang every co-Ed in the Delaware valley😂

Yep except these 3 were all college athletes and if anyone one is living the keg stand life these days chasing the women it's these bachelors...

..scoring on it will help off it... 

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Then wait till York and Attard crash the party!!!

Ronnie should be up instead of Belpedio for sure....

15 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

They played well and worked hard. There was no shame in this loss. A quick shot cost them. Eight losses in a row to this squad. A win will be a benchmark for our rebuild. 

Maybe it will be with me in attendance when they visit Raleigh in 2 weeks? 

if they play like they did tonight I’ll be happy. Just don’t want to pay to see a blowout. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

And what about Frost? Did he do enough to dress the next game? I see he had a rough night in the FO circle going 3 for 11. Couturier was not much better 3 for 8. The Canes are a good FO team but eventually the Flyers need to get better on draws.

Frost improved as game wore on.

I thought he was fine,  he made a few nice passes and he appeared to be competitive in battles for the puck. He and Foerster had some moments where they looked dangerous. 

I didn't think he was so bad he should be healthy scratched again.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ronnie should be up instead of Belpedio for sure....

I'm not comin' atcha here, but what are you basing this opinion on?

Is Attard killing it in LHV?

I haven't been keeping up with the farm.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I saw a Tortorella interview recently - might've been a post-game - around the time they sent Andrae down - and IIRC he said Attard and Ginning looked "overwhelmed" in the NHL and would benefit from more time in Lehigh. I remember thinking "has Ginning played for the Flyers?"

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I didn't think he was so bad he should be healthy scratched again.

He has to play. A short leash is fine if a coach is trying to motivate and teach but Tortorella's not exactly known for his patience with younger players. Hopefully this was a teaching exercise. Everyone knows this is Frost's year to prove his value - I hope Tortorella lets him try.

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He has to play. A short leash is fine if a coach is trying to motivate and teach but Tortorella's not exactly known for his patience with younger players. Hopefully this was a teaching exercise. Everyone knows this is Frost's year to prove his value - I hope Tortorella lets him try.

In this one he was rusty, he hadn't played in 2.5 weeks and it showed early. 

Like I said, I thought he played better as the game wore on.

I really think they, Danny-Jonesy® and Torts are looking for something specific from Frost.

At least to me it seems like they want him to affect games. In his post-game Torts didn't seem happy with what he got from Morgan, but said he wanted to look at his game more closely.

Frost would go for long stretches of games last season where; you would barely know he was playing. Not good for a projected 2C?

I think they want to see him making plays and setting up his linemates, they don't want him to go unnoticed any more. I think that's fair, he's got skill.

I don't know if he has the compete level they're looking for where he would slot into the lineup. He's going to have to start popping in these competitive games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm not comin' atcha here, but what are you basing this opinion on?

I haven't been keeping up with the farm.

Because he is 24 and Belpedio is terrible so no way i can believe Attard is playing worse than him.

Belpedio is a career AHLer and the staff has to stop holding some kids accountable and not the others.

Forester has struggled in every game this year i watch finally started to show some decent play LAST NIGHT!

So this some guys need to be perfect while we watch some of these guys struggle is comical taking this long to get Morgan in and then letting us watch Tyson look like a baby deer on skates for 6 games is laughable.

Attard is not 21 or 22 he will be 25 this year so the kid needs to play and work on his game in the NHL not AHL.

This ******** with Torts is getting old because he is not consistent and he has his favorites.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Attard and Ginning looked "overwhelmed" in the NHL and would benefit from more time in Lehigh. I remember thinking "has Ginning played for the Flyers?"

It's a goddamn lie Ginning from everything i seen in the preseason looked good and was sound and should be playing up very soon.

Torts just likes who he likes and nothing more than that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Attard is not 21 or 22 he will be 25 this year so the kid needs to play and work on his game in the NHL not AHL.

Maybe he can't.

If he's not bullying up on the AHL, I don't know what to tell you.

Guys in his position, later round picks/projects need to blow the doors off. 

I thought Attard was pretty decent last year also. 

Jonesy said in an interview player development is like a saw blade, in that it's uneven, maybe he's in a down turn.

Just because isn't a reason to call a guy up. 

Foerster has been doing everything but scoring. He's been pretty okay when I've watched. 

Tyson's a first pick with an elite skill  (his shot) and really good playmaking ability...comparing him to Attard isn't fair to Attard whose skill is being righthanded. 

Edited by mojo1917
added playmaking

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not if he's just not good enough.

And yes by 24/25 professional hockey people know what they have in a guy.

I'm old enough to remember when Mark Alt "just needed his shot" but was held back by unreasonable coaches and execs who only gave him nine NHL games with the Flyers.

He went on to play 11 NHL games with the Avs and Kings over four seasons after he left.

Sometimes guys just are who they appear to be.

Ronnie Attard isn't being "held back" - he's just not pushing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This ******** with Torts is getting old because he is not consistent and he has his favorites.

It was old before he came to Philly.

I will be forever grateful to Fonzie for helping to get Chuck fired. I will be even more grateful if he helps get himself fired.

Just now, flyercanuck said:

It was old before he came to Philly.

I will be forever grateful to Fonzie for helping to get Chuck fired. I will be even more grateful if he helps get himself fired.

Well it was a rebuild but now making the playoffs has just to the fore front like we knew it was going too...