Wild vs Islanders; Tuesday 11/07/23; 6:30 p.m. CT; UBS Arena

Alexandron

Good win for Minnesota.
Loved to see the smart plays at the end to ensure it.

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for Minnesota to start seeing more Central or Pacific teams.
Tired of seeing the Wild have to lug out East all the time like they have been.

Good thing is, they will be done with the bulk of Eastern travel for the later parts of the year

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I'm sure we'll see their A game for all 60 mins.
I'd start Gus to face the horse that bucked him off. I'll bet he'd want that too.

Not sure if he wants to start next one, but better to do him for better. The last game against Rangers was a historical game for the Wild. I found out that we had a historical record in our history for the 1st time we made 96 shot attempts on opposite net in one game and we were able to win that one when we were losing 0:3 at the beginning. Can we repeat our win against Rangers on their home ice? We will see that on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Not sure if he wants to start next one, but better to do him for better. The last game against Rangers was a historical game for the Wild. I found out that we had a historical record in our history for the 1st time we made 96 shot attempts on opposite net in one game and we were able to win that one when we were losing 0:3 at the beginning. Can we repeat our win against Rangers on their home ice? We will see that on Thursday.

That game reminded me of being down ( I think ) by 5 to the Blackhawks and we came back to tie and win in OT. 
Many years ago.
My wife often reminds me of that game when we're down by a bunch. 😅

Gus Can't be afraid to face the Rangers or he doesn't belong in the NHL.

Edited by ClusterChuck

24 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Good win for Minnesota.
Loved to see the smart plays at the end to ensure it.

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for Minnesota to start seeing more Central or Pacific teams.
Tired of seeing the Wild have to lug out East all the time like they have been.

Good thing is, they will be done with the bulk of Eastern travel for the later parts of the year

The game against Dallas(1st team in our Division so far) will come pretty soon (on Sunday, November 12) on our home ice at 5 p.m. Not an easy as well as very busy week  will be for us - Islanders (Tuesday); Rangers (Thursday); Sabres (Friday); Stars (Sunday). And then, from my understanding, we are going to fly to Sweden for a couple of morning games for us against of Senators (Saturday November 18; at 10 a.m.) and Maple Leafs (Sunday November 19; at 7 a.m. ) because of the difference of the time there.

17 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

That game reminded me of being down ( I think ) by 5 to the Blackhawks and we came back to tie and win in OT. 
Many years ago.
My wife often reminds me of that game when we're down by a bunch. 😅

Gus Can't be afraid to face the Rangers or he doesn't belong in the NHL.

But we never had 96 shot attempts during the game in our history . That commentators on a radio said during my driving home.

You are right. Gus can't be afraid to face the Rangers again, especially for the money which he is making in NHL. 🙂

4 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Did not see this coming but good for the Flower. Need him while Gusty gets it figured out 

I think gus will be OK once he gets over his shell shock from the peppering he took in the first few games.

He probably doesn't have a lot of confidence in the team in front of him yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

I think gus will be OK once he gets over his shell shock from the peppering he took in the first few games.

He probably doesn't have a lot of confidence in the team in front of him yet. 

Completely agree. Especially, defense was not the best in front of him as well as for Fleury too. 

19 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Starting to like this Fleury kid we have in net ...🇨🇦

Interesting fact, 9 more games for Fleury to get 1000 played NHL games; and 3 more wins for him to get 550 wins in his career.  His GAA in his NHL career is 2.58, and for this season so far is 2.69. His birthday will be by the end of this month (he was born November,28; 1984). Draft: 2003 by Penguins; 1st overall;1st round; 1st pick. It seems this season 2023-2024 will be his 20th season in NHL. And, probably, he will get lots of flowers for his birthday. 🫠

• Like 2