Game 43: Philadelphia Flyers at Winnipeg Jets; 1/13/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

Winnipeg is a fairly heavy favorite (-194) with the league's best record and an eight-game win streak:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/winnipeg-jets-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-1-13-24-picks/

As this sports book notes, it's not as if the Flyers are playing bad hockey--but for the last few weeks, WPG is playing lights-out hockey.

It looks like the "big" statistical difference is offense--WPG averages a half-goal higher.  Otherwise, the teams aren't that different, though WPG is even stingier on D than the O and B:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-wpg/2024/01/13/2023020663

Home ice has been a driver for this series:

https://flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Winnipeg_Jets

What's left in the tank after last night's win?  Does Sudden/Steady Sam (presumably) stand on his head?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

What's left in the tank after last night's win?  Does Sudden/Steady Sam (presumably) stand on his head?  

Good question(s). Comeback wins take a lot of energy mental and physical and now they face one of the best teams in the league. Ersson may have to stand on his head to get a win tonight. The Jets are on a roll they won 8 straight and they didn’t play last night. 

At least we know this Flyers team will give it their best. 

• Like 2

these f u c k ers just ruined my damn day....sumabitch.

Why would i enjoy some Drysdale action was looking forward to see some good competition too not that the Wild wasn't a good game.

Tough game for the Flyers tonight. Back-to-backs are almost a scheduled loss, illness going through the team, and they're playing a really really stingy team.

• Like 1

27 games.... twenty SEVEN !  now that my friend is a serious case of snake bitten. That had to feel good. He's been all around it the past few games ever since he was benched... he sure picked a tough goalie to score one on Hellebuck is having a tremendous year.

• Like 1

he really did work hard - and smart, kept his feet moving found a little seam behind the D - to get that goal - give Poehling (i think it was Poehling) and Farabee a ton of credit too chasing down the puck, making the quick pass to Atkinson down low.

and a PP goal for Atkinson...5 straight games the Flyers' PP has scored...longest since 2016 I think they said.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

Holy cow is right - this is getting ridiculous. I swear if Briere/Jones decide to keep this roster intact for the POs I could almost forgive them. Of course it's not that easy and it would totally derail the rebuild...but boy I'd love to see this roster work the POs. They would be a seriously "tough out."

• Like 1