Game 64: Philadelphia Flyers at Florida Panthers; 3/7/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:  

The early moneyline makes the Panthers heavy favorites (-204); we've gone 2-7 out of the last nine in Sunrise:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-florida-odds-march-7-2024-2019849

While we beat them 2-1 in February; the tale of the tape shows why they're a Stanley Cup contender:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/fla-vs-phi/2024/03/07/2023020996

We blocked 22 shots in the last matchup.  The O and B can't get into a run-and-gun with this squad.  

You wonder if the impending deadline distracts our D?

LGF

Nick Seeler placed on IR and Adam Ginning was recalled awesome another young guy who can sit in the press box.

Attard already been up last 2 games zero minutes played a colossal f uck this organization is.

And it gets even better.

eAS-bRzP_x96.jpg

Seeler contract will be in the 3-4 yrs range.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Attard already been up last 2 games zero minutes played a colossal f uck this organization is.

Or.... or is it, Attard isn't an NHL defenseman, there is a reason he didn't make the team out of camp and wasn't a call up before now. Same with Ginning. 

You feeling me?

This is not the criteria I'm going to use to determine the organization is fukced up. YMMV

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Or.... or is it, Attard isn't an NHL defenseman

DGAF it's a rebuild trade the goddamn UFAs for assets towards the rebuild.

Oh that's right it's not a rebuild it's just another lie...

I miss the Flyers vs. Panthers games from back in the late 90s/2000s, the kind where it was just fights with a hockey game breaking out here and there.  that monster of a player Peter Worrell was always involved...Flyers probably brought in Brasher just to handle that guy....Richardson needed a break from being pounded. 

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Your commitment to being angry about this is admirable. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You're fired up, man. It's not a rebuild, it's a corporate player restructuring... I guess. They'll never tell season ticket holders, that it's a rebuild.

Not sure why they won't admit, that it's a rebuild.

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Your commitment to being angry about this is admirable. 

Don't take it personal.

Enjoy your Kool aid.

They working on their first round exit plan it's going to be diabolical!!!!

They will have a Cup by the time Michkov is the veteran forward!!!:hehe:

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You're fired up, man. It's not a rebuild, it's a corporate player restructuring... I guess. They'll never tell season ticket holders, that it's a rebuild.

Not sure why they won't admit, that it's a rebuild.

Yeah I'm done. I defended the Danny and Jones hiring this past offseason.

I won't do it no more.

However yall enjoy it....first round exit in bound well if they even make it knowing Flyer luck they'll miss out by like 2 points and then get late 1st rounders.

Win win

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They'll never tell season ticket holders, that it's a rebuild.

They flat out told them that.

Then they told the team it wasn't.

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This management group was never going to accept losing for the sake of draft picks. is never going to win a Cup that way

Pretty much the same thing.

Happy to be wrong.

They've got a lot pinned on Michkov coming two years from now and we can just hope that turns out right...

To be clear, I'm not saying strip to the studs. I do get the need to have vets around. I do see the problems in Buffalo and New Jersey.

Then I see a team looking to "build" around three (four) guys who were "big parts" of the group that oversaw the (alleged and apparent) complete and total vivisection of team culture for the past ten years.

It's almost as if they don't really mean that the culture was completely destroyed any more than they mean they are rebuilding "the right way"...

🤔

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

Then I see a team looking to "build" around three (four) guys who were "big parts" of the group that oversaw the (alleged and apparent) complete and total vivisection of team culture for the past ten years.

which one's?

I see the core group as Konecny, Farabee, Sanhiem, York, maybe Tippett and Foerster and sadly Couturier. 

If 14 can return to 80% of his Selke self, that's not a bad player- but I don't view him as the epicenter of the team anymore, I think that gravity has shifted towards #11.

I think that's a pretty decent group of players to add additional good to very good players with the next couple years of multiple first picks and a ZOMG talent.

No young guys are getting shipped out, a 5th round pick was traded away, that's not going to change the course of the franchise if we're being honest. 

I think this group of Konecny and younger players is a pretty good base to start building onto. 

It is an interesting time to be a fan of this team. 

It's been fun seeing everyone's perspectives. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

which one's?

Well there the C, the two As and the guy signed long term on the blue line.

All of them were here when the team found itself completely devoid of any semblance of Flyer hockey.

My quibble is more with the latter line than the former.

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think this group of Konecny and younger players is a pretty good base to start building onto. 

Agreed, I just wish they were doing that.

Couturier, Sanheim, Laughton, Ristolainen, and now Seeler are all here for four more years...

15 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

It is an interesting time to be a fan of this team. 

It's been fun seeing everyone's perspectives

We live in Interesting times...

The Seeler move isn't a Fletch level event, it's just a step (or three) in the wrong direction.

An unforced error.

Let's see if the next one moves in a better direction...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

All of them were here when the team found itself completely devoid of any semblance of Flyer hockey.

Not to quibble too much, but Sanhiem and Konecny were younger guys- only Couturier was a part of the rudderless leadership group. And he was the most junior member.

Torts chose Laughts for leadership because he's a Torts style guy. Laughton  is only signed for one more year. I didn't include him because he doesn't fit the timeline. He was here but his voice was pretty far down the pecking order too.

The turnover from the Giroux group, the Provorov  trade and the ascension of the Travii  has been good IMO. 

38 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The turnover from the Giroux group, the Provorov  trade and the ascension of the Travii  has been good IMO. 

It's been great.

Since they excised the cancer that apparently destroyed the entire franchise from within over the course of a decade in which... Checks notes...

No one noticed.

🤔

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's been great.

Since they excised the cancer that apparently destroyed the entire franchise from within over the course of a decade in which... Checks notes...

No one noticed.

🤔

Frog in the boiling pot, or something,  something. 

I've turned the audio off from the Bally Sports Florida home feed I am stuck with. The Fly Guys are game and frustrating the Cats but not getting much offense. The Panthers have tons of speed that neutralizes us.

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I've turned the audio off from the Bally Sports Florida home feed I am stuck with. The Fly Guys are game and frustrating the Cats but not getting much offense. The Panthers have tons of speed that neutralizes us.

You should be at the game!

3 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

You should be at the game!

I was tempted. But going to that arena and dealing with fans who show up late, overpriced drinks, and lousy seating makes me stay away. I haven't been to a Panthers game for 4-5 years. And I used to have partial season's tickets. I sit there in a daze, not even caring what happens and glad to head home.

Watching this reminds me of how much we need another 30+ goal scorer or two.  We can't take the war to them. We are skating well. But our few shots are from 30+ feet. Bobo will eat them up.