Game 65: Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning; 3/9/24 @ 7PM, NBCSP

Haha that's great. Tortorella to McCauley "FK YOU! I'm staying right here!"

Frankly he's got a right to be livid with McCauley. McCauley made both those phantom calls and the 10 on Hathaway.

Flyers have fought back all year but this one may be a bridge too far... 5 D-men, Ersson off his game, TB is hungry for points and playing like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 2

well the Flyers were probably due for a spanking and TB has whomped them before.

The few Flyers' chances they shot themselves - an extra pass, looking for the perfect tap-in. When Tippett's on the doorstep and looking to dish you know the team is off its game.

Beginning with Ersson the Flyers just weren't ready tonight. Hungover from trade day who knows but they don't look like themselves.

edit: good to see Sanheim back out after that nasty tumble

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

This feels like a nibbling around the edges deal that could wind up being an okay hockey trade. If both players wake up to the reality of their situations 

Gurianov has at least done something of note in the NHL.

He has a 20 goal season and two 10 goal seasons.

Allison has 13 NHL goals.

I - like Tortorella - don't know what to make of Allison because he couldn't stay healthy.

This is a win out of the gate for Briere and if Gurianov does anything it's a bonus.

Pending his ability to, you know, play defense and listen to his coach.

:hocky:

• Like 1

We are 4-7-2 against the Atlantic this year. Food for thought. 

If we make the playoffs this year, we'll member the Panthers game. If we don't, it's this disaster. 

We move on. Meanwhile, the Islanders are playing good hockey.

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

WHY IS CAM ATKINSON STILL IN THE LINEUP!!!!

So he can gain Flyers alumni points, and have his jersey retired, of course. :biggrin:

oh my god are they serious? for a couple FUs? Did Wes McCauley get his feelings hurt? He's only got himself to blame - 3 calls in a row that were blatantly bad calls, all against the Flyers.

from nhl.com

Philadelphia Flyers head coach John Tortorella has been suspended for two games and fined $50,000 for unprofessional conduct directed at the officials by refusing to leave the bench area after being assessed a game misconduct at 10:49 of the first period of NHL Game No. 1,016 on Saturday, March 9, NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell announced today.

Tortorella will miss the Flyers’ next two games — March 12 versus the Sharks and March 14 versus the Maple Leafs.

The fine money goes to the NHL Foundation.

what's this "by refusing to leave the bench area" were they timing him or what? He left. He just decided to rant and rave for a minute before he did. Oh lord what the hell is this league coming to?

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

pathetic McCauley this whole thing was his fault - 3 horrible calls against the Flyers - 3 in a row IIRC - all in the first 10 minutes of the game. Tortorella wanted an explanation and McCauley wouldn't skate over to the bench. He sent a linesman instead, which I'm sure pissed off Tortorella even more.

To eject him from the game was stupid enough but a suspension AND a $50K fine is ridiculous. The NHL embarrassed themselves once again.

I don't know how many coaches have been ejected this year - Granato and Keefe (same game) now Tortorella - seems like more than usual but I don't know for sure. Anyway I hope the Flyers' faithful give McCauley hell next time he's in town...!

Edited by GratefulFlyers

18 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

To eject him from the game was stupid enough but a suspension AND a $50K fine is ridiculous.

Make it make sense....******* RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god just ridiculous… and there are so many more. The one thing that stands out is the hypocrisy and inconsistency of the “supplemental discipline” handed out by the NHL DOPS.

I know AHL/NHL officials get reviewed and graded all the time. They should let the process be transparent and available to the fans (whoever “they” are exactly). There’s not much info about it online and nothing that I can find at NHL.com. Not every detail but something.