Sink or Swim Time

It's incredible to me that this organization could have gone through the retool not rebuild Hextall and Fletcher years and want to do the exact same thing again.  Yet here we are.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

43 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

It's incredible to me that this organization could have gone through the retool not rebuild Hextall and Fletcher years and want to do the exact same thing again.  Yet here we are.

Come on, we barely have any high end talent, only one prospect you could call that, a backup goalie and maybe a backup.... but playoffs, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (the odds are about a billion to one we lose 4 straight). Whats not to like?

I think Flyer fans have become Leaf fans. We used to get excited to be a contender, now we get excited to have maybe a playoff team. Look at the excitement the 30th ranked goalie in a 23 team KHL goalie brought in, it's like the savior had arrived! He'd be on most teams farm system. And management just keeps running it over and over and most just eat it up. 

Yep, we've become the Leafs. Only they're better. 

They sank. This off-season should signal that there's going to be no more band-aid solutions. This should be nothing more than a full teardown and rebuild. Briere might have talked last year about how they weren't going to strip things down, but remain competitive and rebuild at the same time. That's no longer an option. Let the blood letting begin this offseason. As what Tortorella said, don't get attached to anyone. Other than maybe Foerster, Brink, Tippett, York, Sanheim, Drysdale, Ersson and Fedotov, everyone else should be getting shopped. 

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

They sank. This off-season should signal that there's going to be no more band-aid solutions. This should be nothing more than a full teardown and rebuild. Briere might have talked last year about how they weren't going to strip things down, but remain competitive and rebuild at the same time. That's no longer an option. Let the blood letting begin this offseason. As what Tortorella said, don't get attached to anyone. Other than maybe Foerster, Brink, Tippett, York, Sanheim, Drysdale, Ersson and Fedotov, everyone else should be getting shopped. 

There is absolutely no new information they have now that they didn't have last year when Briere took over, or this offseason, or at the deadline.  If they were going to do this, they would have done it then.

My guess is we are going to hear a lot of, "we were at top 3 team in the division until almost the end" kind of talk.  I wish I was wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SCFlyguy said:

There is absolutely no new information they have now that they didn't have last year when Briere took over, or this offseason, or at the deadline.  If they were going to do this, they would have done it then.

My guess is we are going to hear a lot of, "we were at top 3 team in the division until almost the end" kind of talk.  I wish I was wrong.

I hope it doesn't turn into a case where the GM says "we're close" and the head coach saying "we're not." This doesn't feel like Fletcher and Tortorella all over again. Not sure if anyone watched the Tortorella after game interview tonight, but he didn't sound animated at all. He sounded very subdued. It certainly feels like he knows that this club needs major changes if they expect to contend. We haven't heard from Briere and Jones has been quiet. I honestly think there's going to be a major blood letting this summer. 

• Good Post 1

8 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It was all smoke and mirrors. The team overachieved, and then when the real teams started playing for keeps, the Flyers were already gassed. 

As what Tortorella said, don't get attached to anyone.

If only he practiced what he preached. Seeler is still a Flyer. Atkinson is trying to play. He can't. 

Sometimes I wish the Flyers would move to Quebec City and Philly got an expansion team so they'd be forced to do an actual rebuild.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Hey but at least they have Seeler and Laughton was worried then I remembered those 2 so crisis averted....

9 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

he didn't sound animated at all. He sounded very subdued.

Yep he knows he is headed to that seat in the sky and letting someone else take over this mess...should be Brad Shaw.

Let's get it over with.

They need a better draft pick than playoffs right now I think.

Blow this muthaf uka up!!

On 4/6/2024 at 9:28 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Agreed, this needs to be a full teardown and rebuild. Well if they lose their remaining games there's a possibility of being in the bottom ten of the league with some other teams winning their games to move past the Flyers up in the league standings. We can only hope. Briere has to tear it down to the foundation and start from there.

Edited by Lindbergh31