Game 71: Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers; 3/23/24 @ 1 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

The Bruins are favored (-142) with 60% win probability:

https://www.dimers.com/news/boston-bruins-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-odds-nhl-picks-3232024

The statistics point to the Bruins advantage on the PP and defense:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/bos-vs-phi/2024/03/23/2023021114

This is a squad that has given us fits since coming into the league.  They've taken the last seven in the series and we haven't beaten them at home since October, 2021.  We've lost both meetings this year:

https://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Boston_Bruins

The Flyers squad that played against Carolina will compete against the B's.  Will that squad show up?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The Flyers squad that played against Carolina will compete against the B's.  Will that squad show up?  

Will that squad have their Captain back in the lineup? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

Anthony Sanfilippo is reporting yes they will on “X”

Torts, “Is the the guy with the silly little podcast?” “I’m not answering any of his questions.” 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

the Flyers rarely start well in afternoon games ...

Reason #2817 why I don’t miss having season tickets.  I felt like the day was wasted and was in a foul mood over the loss on top of that 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:14 PM, Howie58 said:

This is a squad that has given us fits since coming into the league. 

https://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Boston_Bruins

Wow thanks for the link ... I knew the Bs had a winning record vs the Flyers but nothing like this ...

Overall Record: 76 W - 120 L - 21 T ( 623 GF - 729 GA )

15 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wow thanks for the link ... I knew the Bs had a winning record vs the Flyers but nothing like this ...

Overall Record: 76 W - 120 L - 21 T ( 623 GF - 729 GA )

That does shock me been only watching since about 1991 but it always seemed Bruins placed more value in having great goaltending and the Flyers always went with older cheaper cast patchwork guys.

Look not further than passing on Cujo and going with Beezer always wondered what might have been with those late 90s teams with Cujo instead of Beezer.

We'll never know.

I remember him putting them out the first round in 98 in the first round if I can trust that brain cell...

• Like 2

Stuck with the NHL Network feed. E.J. Hradek has zero business being a play by play guy. Broadcast sounds like I am listening via a “silly podcast”

Edited by Samifan
  • Haha 3

The end of the second period of this game, would be a great time for our PP% clicking at 12%, to wake up and get one. As I speak, TK scores! 1-0, Flyguys!

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Gilles Gilbert nearly stole the Cup from Bernie. 

Gilbert finished G6 with a .962 ... a .962 (!) - and lost the game and the Cup. We know why: Bernie finished with a 1.000.

I'll never forget that G6  - Orr and Clarke going at it - because my fav player (besides Clarke) was Rick MacLeish. I thought he was the "coolest" player in the whole NHL ...(I was very concerned with what was "cool" back then ... 😎)

How different the Flyers' history might be if Bernie doesn't absolutely lock it down that day...

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

How different the Flyers' history might be if Bernie doesn't absolutely lock it down that day...

It would have been different, for sure. They weren't winning Game 7, in Boston Garden.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

It would have been different, for sure. They weren't winning Game 7, in Boston Garden.

You know...who knows and all that... the betting money would certainly have been with the Bs but that Flyers' squad had goal-scorers, had Bernie plus every one of them were scrappers and fighters. They didn't takeshit from anybody just ask the Red Army a few years later 😁

I wonder where the betting money is today going into the 3rd up 1-0...

If you get the chance @FD19372 ask for another PP goal please!

Edited by GratefulFlyers

and they do! Tyson Foerster with the GWer what a laser Ulmark didn't stand a chance on that one.

2 goals for TK...one on the PP ...

Helluva win for the Flyers - good they hung on in regulation Flyers been looking shaky in OT lately.

Finally ended the 0-7 against the Bruins. Great win.

edit: rookie goal-scorers this year Bedard leading with 21 - Foerster has 18.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1