Game 73: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers; 3/26/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because Torts wants to be in management and I shared this the other day in a clip and you even liked it.

He wanted to be in management with the Blue Jackets and Jarmo wouldn't allow it.

Are there any management positions that Torts can move to? We already have Jones as President and Briere as GM. That leaves maybe a VP job? I don’t think a  guy like Torts would be happy as a VP, he would probably be eyeing Jones’ job within a short time, it might create problems.

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

@OccamsRazor

follow, follow up.....

Here what I don't get. You hire Torts for 4 years, he's delivering, and you move him to a management position. That doesn't make any damn sense to me. In fact it resembles the same kind of stupidity that got us the BobbyBunch:smallTM: fiasco. The guy is delivering at his hired position. Leave him there. It seems to me that he was brought in to facilitate this rebuild and revamp the culture. The Flyers have appeared to finally get the concept that they needed to move away from the old style of doing things. Promoting a guy this early is just dumb

Perfect example Torts couldn't even face the media after his headuptheass playcalling and sent Shaw out to answer for it.

He just gets it and i feel like he is a great teacher and the players respond well to his coaching my guy for the next head coaching position with the Flyers!

And as i stated somewhere around here the rumors are Torts wants to be promoted and i expect it to take place this offseason for the main reason is to hold onto Shaw otherwise he'll be hired away.

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Perfect example Torts couldn't even face the media after his headuptheass playcalling and sent Shaw out to answer for it

seriously? you actually believe this, Torts "couldn't face the media" because he screwed up?

thats more deranged than my hatred for Laughton

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoachX said:

seriously? you actually believe this, Torts "couldn't face the media" because he screwed up?

thats more deranged than my hatred for Laughton

Where was he then?

Why was he not out there to talk to the press after they lost the way they did?

Prove it then. I'll wait.

:beer:

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Where was he then?

Why was he not out there to talk to the press after they lost the way they did?

Prove it then. I'll wait.

:beer:

🤣

I have it on good authority that he told Shaw he was in no mood to answer stupidass questions from the media. So instead of saying something that would most likely result in controversy, he took the high road and told Shaw to go out. Its a sign of maturity. Its what makes him a good coach

• Uggh... 1

On 3/27/2024 at 3:54 PM, OccamsRazor said:

So if it isn't Shaw then who do you want as the next coach?

How about Rod in a few years, once we are "done rebuilding". I get he is a former flyer and we prefer somebody from outside. But it seems the Flyers are dead set on having ex flyers around at all times for better or worse. But Rod has done a tremendous job in Carolina, and I'd love to see him take over from Torts/Shaw in  2-3 years time.

1 minute ago, ctid said:

How about Rod in a few years, once we are "done rebuilding". I get he is a former flyer and we prefer somebody from outside. But it seems the Flyers are dead set on having ex flyers around at all times for better or worse. But Rod has done a tremendous job in Carolina, and I'd love to see him take over from Torts/Shaw in  2-3 years time.

I knida get the feeling Brindy has no use, or interest in Philly.....but his wife likes it

I've never been to Philly and we don't get those kind of rumours over here on this side of the pond regarding the NHL, especially back in the Lindros/Brind'Amour days.

So you guys would have a much better idea if there is truth to those rumours or not.

31 minutes ago, ctid said:

I would take Rod in a minute but I prefer not to wait after this season and Rod isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

But Shaw will if not given a chance in Philly I'm afraid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ctid said:

It would be a miracle to be able to pry Rod out of Carolina.  He will be the President of that organization when he gets done coaching.

• Good Post 1

8 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

It would be a miracle to be able to pry Rod out of Carolina.  He will be the President of that organization when he gets done coaching.

He’s their Bobby Clarke

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

🤣

I have it on good authority that he told Shaw he was in no mood to answer stupidass questions from the media. So instead of saying something that would most likely result in controversy, he took the high road and told Shaw to go out. Its a sign of maturity. Its what makes him a good coach

They definitely need to add a literal **** stirring emoji………😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Brindy was my favorite Flyer ever. Was too young to understand Bobby Clark’s play and accomplishments to fully appreciate them at the time. Rod was a warrior and still is. If not for Lindros , I personally think Rod would have stayed a Flyer. Behind the scenes issues and Lindros being the appointed god led to him going to Carolina. I was extremely happy to watch Brindy raise the cup even though it was with another team.

• Like 1