Game 73: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers; 3/26/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

The Flyers are underdogs (+165); the Rangers are 9-0-1 in the last 10 matchups and have taken the last six:

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/3-26-2024/philadelphia-flyers-vs-ny-rangers-prediction-4776/

We are also playing our third game in four nights against an excellent home team. 

The Rags are a better offensive squad with an excellent PP:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nyr-vs-phi/2024/03/26/2023021137

We may be due for an upset.  

• Thanks 1

Last time they played the Flyers got "Shesterkin'd".

After the bad result from the good effort vs the Panthers the Flyers could be due. 

Or Zibanejad goes off for 4 goals and 8 points in a rout. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 2

The Flyers young defensemen seem to be doing a pretty fair job for 3rd pair. Even Johnson has been positionally better but he still always seems to be skating in molasses. Looking forward to Errson back in goal and we should see a very competitive game.

Ginning and Attard are both showing they belong in the NHL. When Drysdale Risto Seeler come back they need to challenge those guys for ice time. They are earning the right to stay up with the big club.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Enjoying the game through the first period. Igor is on top of his damn game. The guy has the best save percentage in the NHL for a reason. He got really lucky on that one clear where he popped it over the stick and on the bouncing puck Brink could not get to settle. I forgot how fun it is to watch two teams playing competitive hockey. :flyer:

13 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

15 shots and none past Shesterkin. Crazy! Not watching.  Were they softballs?

Not all of them but they still need to get in front of Igor and screen him more. 

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Refs help the Rags get on the board with a bull sh it call...wow...didn't even touch it...smdh

Let me show you my surprise face……..🙄

• Haha 1

Just now, GratefulFlyers said:

yah it sucks the ref bought that head fake... terrible overacting and the ref still bought it. Trocha should've got embellish call ...

I really wish they would look at the tape after the game and punish and fine the soccer players. It’s embarrassing to the integrity of the game. That goes for Flyers who do the embellishment also. It ruins the game and if I want to watch soccer dives I will start wearing a skirt and seeking out lonely sailors…….😤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Through the first two periods it took an embarrassing dive to get the Rangers on the board. Errson was totally screened on the shot. Good PP by the rags but they should not have been on the PP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Sam Ersson is not a number one goalie. He needs to go back into a backup role next year.

He'll do for the rebuild...but yeah he is a good goalie but not a guy you build a Cup around!

WOW 4-4!!!