☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA WINS 4-2) ㊗

Bruins at Panthers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Lots at stake. Which team moves forward with their championship destiny?

• Bruins in 4.... Raw momentum carried over from beating Toronto propel Boston way over the Panthers
    • Bruins in 5.... Any good fortunes the Panthers got away with against TB, doesn't happen here. And they fall hard.
    • Bruins in 6.... Hard fought series that sees the Bruins continue on what they started to try to do last year.
    • Bruins in 7.... Boston always makes things interesting, and this series is no different. Takes them the full 7, but get rid of the Cats nonetheless
    • Panthers in 4... Boston depleted after the emotional highs of the Toronto series? This FLA sweep says perhaps...
    • Panthers in 5... Bruins try, but Florida simply is looking more n more like a team of destiny this year.
    • Panthers in 6... Very good set with lots of twists n turns....but the biggest twist is the Bruins falling to the better team this year.
    • Panthers in 7.... 'Cinderellas' no more. Even the toughest pundit can't deny the moxie shown by the Cats, as Game 7 isn't as kind to the Bruins this time.

Hahaha...
Frigging Ekman-Larsen....what a tool.

Horrendous turnover leads to those two Boston short handed chances.

I tell ya...if the Panthers win the Cup, they would have won it IN SPITE of having that cement head OEL on the team! :bigteeth:

If the Panthers do come back to win, they can thank Bob. Two huge saves, one on DeBrusk's shot and then the rebound save.

Just now, FD19372 said:

If the Panthers do come back to win, they can thank Bob. Two huge saves, one on DeBrusk's shot and then the rebound save.

That 'rebound save' was on Trent Frederic.....one of my underrated players!  ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

That Bruin defense is looking awfully Swiss Cheesy......
Panthers just clanked one off the post as they just glided on through the Boston defense!

Yep. That was a nice rush by the Barkov line.

33 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Trent Frederic...another underrated grinder for Boston, nearly gives the Bruins the lead again!

He's not underrated to Bruins fans. I won the 7th player award this season. I think he's great, because he hustles and cares!

6 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

He's not underrated to Bruins fans. I won the 7th player award this season. I think he's great, because he hustles and cares!

Well, yea...to BRUINS fans he likely isn't. They know who they have there.

But on the overall NHL landscape, his name isn't brought up very often as a key cog.
That is my definition of underrated.
Guys you don't hear regularly about when it comes to "what do teams need to do", and "who needs to step up"...it's always the players everyone knows about.

I could rattle off a handful of Lightning and Wild players who wouldn't be so underrated to me because I follow those teams much more closely, but to those outside the fanbase, yea, sure.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, yea...to BRUINS fans he likely isn't. They know who they have there.

But on the overall NHL landscape, his name isn't brought up very often as a key cog.
That is my definition of underrated.
Guys you don't hear regularly about when it comes to "what do teams need to do", and "who needs to step up"...it's always the players everyone knows about.

I could rattle off a handful of Lightning and Wild players who wouldn't be so underrated to me because I follow those teams much more closely, but to those outside the fanbase, yea, sure.

True. I see your point and agree.

3rd period.
Puck dropped.
Game ON!!

Let's see if the Panthers punch their ticket to the East Finals....or do the Bruins squeeze some more blood out of the rock they find themselves up against and force a Game 6!

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to ☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA Leads 3-2) ㊗

Great save by Swayman, on Reinhart with mere seconds to go. If the pass gets to him more quickly, this game heads to OT. Solid road desperation win, by the Bruins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

But Swayman returns the favor.  There goes many of our Cats-in-Five bets.  Somebody else wins.

I said 6, so I'm good. I want Jack Edwards to cry in his chowda.

• Like 1

The Bruins played a nearly perfect road game tonight. 

From the drop they had more energy and challenged every inch of ice *which was terrible btw.

Good win, Boston lives to fight another day. 

7 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I said 6, so I'm good. I want Jack Edwards to cry in his chowda.

Jack Edwards sucks, and i hate Chowda....

Blashphemy i know....

• Good Post 1

5 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Jack Edwards sucks, and i hate Chowda....

Blashphemy i know....

I like Jack and Brick far better than any other announcers I've ever listened to.

Yes, Jack is a HUGE homer and yes Jack has had health issues that made it hard for him to talk normally for the past year (which is why he retired I'm sure). But prior to his difficulty talking, I liked him just fine.

And nobody is better than Brick! He sees everything on the ice and is very rarely wrong. 

Take care, Jack. 

Jack Edwards is fit for a regional broadcast, but could never take that act to anything bigger or hockey-wide. He gives the home team fans what they want and then some, but for everybody else he's ear cancer. When things go the Bruins way, he laughs uproariously and without a shred of dignity. When things don't work out for the Bruins, he whines without a shred of dignity. Fred Cusick will always be the voice of the Bruins to me. Other than Edwards, the next worst might be the Altitude broadcasters, who call out most of the Avs players by their first name, which is incredibly cringey.

I guess I've never had a lot of chances to really consider Andy Brickley on colour, just because Edwards carries on the way he does. My suspicion is that I would be alright with him paired with somebody else. I've like Ray Ferraro in this role for a long time now, as well as Daryl Reaugh. In years past, I enjoyed Howie Meeker, his tele-strater pen and "Alright, back it up, back it up!" call to the booth.

• Like 1

The last 2 games of this series were fantastic. 

Boston gave the cats all they wanted. In the end the Panthers were too deep and too good. 

I'm looking forward to the ECF. Should be fun, it's a pick 'em series imo.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to ☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA WINS 4-2) ㊗
  • TropicalFruitGirl26 unpinned this topic