Flyers vs Bruins Game Day Thread

Guest hf101

Happy St. Patty's Day all.

Nothing like playing the Bruins on the 17th of March. Especially when they are struggling and the Flyers team chemistry is strenthening. But I hardly see this as an easy win.

I'm looking for another big game from Bryzgalov.

To the best of my knowledge the injuries are the same from the last game. Kubina has been skating on his own, but hasn't joined the team yet at practice. Mezsaros and JVR aren't skating at all yet.

Projected line-ups:

Flyers

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr

Wellwood - Briere - Voracek

Read - Schenn - Simmonds

Talbot - Couturier - Rinaldo

Carle - Timonen

Grossmann - Coburn

Lilja - Gustafsson

Bryzgalov

Bruins

Lucic - Krejci - Caron

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

Pouliot - Kelly - Rolston

Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Seidenberg

Boychuk - Corvo

McQuaid - Ference

Thomas

Lets Go Flyers

Man, one of my kids has a soccer game at 2......don't they check the hockey schedule before they set these times???!! ;)

I know what you mean......the wife has not realized that i stop working at 1 yet.....

P.S. I love the "Floyd" tribute. My 19 yo has that poster on his wall.

Slainte everyone.

Today is my anniversary, but my wife knows if she wants to share the next couple plus hours with me it will in front of the TV. After that it's John Carter and partying with the Irish and Irish-for-a-day!

We both want a Flyers win for our present.

Not having Kubina really changes the look of our defense. I don't know how much I like Lilja and Gustafsson together but maybe they won't have too much ice time. I hate that we have to play the Bruins today and then the Penguins tomorrow, both afternoon games. Hopefully the boys show up to play both days, 'cause it can help us gain some good ground in our division.

I'm stuck watching it on the NHL Network.

The Boston TV crew is annoying. Hartnell gets crosschecked & he says that's a good, clean hit. Then he basically calls Hartnell a coward for not fighting Chara???

Idiocy.

The Boston TV crew is annoying. Hartnell gets crosschecked & he says that's a good, clean hit. Then he basically calls Hartnell a coward for not fighting Chara???

Idiocy.

I watched my game recording late last night and couldn't tell you whether Edwards or Brickley is worse. They are so disparaging of the other team's players, and not just their play but disparaging of them as individuals. Then they go on to talk about what a great game the teams have played and how it's always a good one when the teams meet. If the Flyers suck, how is it that it is always a great game when the teams meet? I'm not holding my breath for their answer to that of course but I would have thought a true hockey town like Boston would demand better than those clowns.

Man, if this game is any indication as to what the playoffs might be like, then my heart is NOT going to take it! I went through 3 sets of fingernails just today. Great tough, competitive, gritty game, though. Looking forward to more of this battling with the Penguins! Hartnell is a beast!

Idiocy.

Andy. I had to watch with the TV on mute. It was tough, but not nearly as painful as listening to the insufferable Jack Edwards have a ****-fest for the Bruins. I used to think Brickley kept the broadcast pretty level, but I guess that's no longer the case?

• Like 1

Andy. I had to watch with the TV on mute. It was tough, but not nearly as painful as listening to the insufferable Jack Edwards have a ****-fest for the Bruins. I used to think Brickley kept the broadcast pretty level, but I guess that's no longer the case?

Brickley is good when he's on Versus (or whatever they're calling it these days), on the Bruins broadcasts he's a homer but he does seem try to keep things respectable when Edwards goes into full professional wrestling mode.

Edwards goes into full professional wrestling mode.

hahaha. great way to put that. btw, did anyone see what Bylsma said after the game as the turning point? "I think really the extracurricular stuff was the turning point in the game. It was a situation where you know they targeted players after the whistle and didn't get penalized. I think that allowed them to get back in the game."

didn't get penalized?

Or, they actually called half of the **** Malkin does. Hook and then stick to Couturier's nuts within seconds of each other....two minutes. Bylsma can suck it, I hope the Flyers knock the Pens out of the playoffs.