Flyers to 6th spot?

Guest phlfly

What do you think if Flyers will try to drop to 6th spot and it will give them a chance to move next round, because either Florida or Caps are not so good to win aginst Flyers in 7 games.

When they don't have a chance to win against Pens or Rags.

Discuss?

Why don't they have a chance to win against Pens or Rags? It may be tough but I think anything is possible! If we have that defeatist attitude, why bother playing?

I think we need to be hopeful/positive and anything we do in the playoffs is a positive (except a sweep in the first round).

@phlfly

Are you talking about tanking? I mean 6th is definately an easier 1st round opponent. But I don't think you're going to convince anyone to try to lose games.

<major major sarcasm alert...> Whats wrong with tanking? Look at the Pens, tanking netted them Lemieux, Crosby, Fleury, Malkin and Staal and they have 1 more cup than we do and their fans continue to yell 1975 at us when they invade our arena. We should follow the example of the Pens and tank more often if you ask me.. <sarcasm finished>

What do you think if Flyers will try to drop to 6th spot and it will give them a chance to move next round, because either Florida or Caps are not so good to win aginst Flyers in 7 games.

Don't want the Flyers to lose games on purpose to get the 6th spot, but the 6th spot might be best for them. (And our road record is great, so the lower seed wouldn't hurt.) Although getting Pitt or NYR before we get too banged-up might be better too.

When they don't have a chance to win against Pens or Rags

Totally disagree. Bring 'em, on!

Momentum, grooves, and streaks are a funny thing in hockey. If the Flyers 'tank' to get the 6th seed, they will likely continue to tank right out of the playoffs. They need to play to win.

I do think their chances at 6 are better than any seed playing against another Atlantic team, but again, limping into the playoffs really isn't a good idea in my opinion.

I don't sweat the Pens

I don't sweat the Rangers

both those teams are beatable, if we get good play from Bryz they've got nothing on us,

the Rags have a hard time scoring and the Pens talent drops off pretty far on the wing once you get to the 2nd line.

if we want to win the tournament we'll have to beat some good hockey teams, so why not start with them.

bring it, our guys are too young to be awestruck.

When they don't have a chance to win against Pens or Rags.

Discuss?

I know what you are saying, but I think the only course of action is to try to win as many of the remaining games as possible & let the chips fall where they may.

It might be better to have an "easier" 1st round opponent, but it also might be better to face the more challenging team earlier, before more injuries start to pile up.