Iginla - what would you give up to get him?

Guest activestick

$7mm a year for the next two years? Eh no thanks. We would have to send similar salary back and I doubt Briere or Timonen would get the job done.

The youth on this team is too promising to do such a thing. If it could happen (which it never would) Briere and a 5th.

$7mm a year for the next two years? Eh no thanks. We would have to send similar salary back and I doubt Briere or Timonen would get the job done.

The youth on this team is too promising to do such a thing. If it could happen (which it never would) Briere and a 5th.

Both Timonen and Briere would need to approve such a trade.

Do you see either of them agreeing to play out the string in Calgary?

The Flyers do not need Iginla. He brings nothing that they don't already have and could disrupt the team that's already here.

Don't get me wrong, I like Iginla as a player. I just don't see why the Flyers would need/want him.

@radoran

Exactly, I do not see any Flyer with a NTC waiving their rights to go to Calgary. Not that it's a bad place, but I just don't see it happening. Iggy is a great power forward, but not for a team like the Flyers, it just does not seem to make sense. Perhaps a team in transition that needs star power to build their identity, such as (no joking here) the Islanders could use his services and extend him beyond the 2014 season.

My original response was more along the lines of if you had to give up somebody, who would it be type of response.

I think adding another vet that would command ice time away from young developing players would be a step in the wrong direction. The other problem is his contract is too rich. Its nice that the Flyers locked up Grossmann but both Kubina and Carle could be walking so defense will definitely need to be addressed which is going to eat up the remaining cap number.

nothing,

he's great, but he's at the end of his career not the beginning, i've enjoyed him from a far and if it were 7 years ago i would have a different answer.

the flyers track record with aging veteran stars hasn't been great historically , present company jagr excluded.

he's too expensive & too old to deal our talented younsters for.

Nothing, and its not really Iginla's fault. He's still a very good player. I think the Flyers really got lucky with the production from, well, the entire roster. The only salary I would send back is Briere, but he won't waive. It could help the roster, just by virtue of removing a center in the perpetual log jam, but there's literally no way Iginla comes to Philly.

• Like 1