Shane Doan off the table...signs with Phoenix

Guest Cheesesteak

Good... Tired of hearing about him and his leverage game.

Not sure how you get he was playing a leverage game. The guy said If the team is staying in Phoenix, that is where I want to stay. He probably could have had a much bigger payday elsewhere but chose not to.

Not sure how you get he was playing a leverage game. The guy said If the team is staying in Phoenix, that is where I want to stay. He probably could have had a much bigger payday elsewhere but chose not to.

I think he could have gotten equivalent pay in fewer years.

He wanted to stay in Phoenix. He wanted to be with the same franchise. There has never been a question of this from the moment he became a UFA and he would never have become a UFA if there had been competent management in Phoenix.

I, personally, look forward to him playing home games in three different cities without ever changing franchises...

@flyerrod

@radoran

I think it's great that he's staying in Phoenix... I just got tired of the deadline, postpone... deadline, postpone... I felt like I was in court! I'm glad my Pens didn't sign him, and again respect him staying put. Just wish he'd said "I won't be leaving Phoenix until September 16th rolls around and the team's future seems determined" or something instead of the "maybe I will maybe I won't" stuff is all.

@flyerrod

@radoran

I think it's great that he's staying in Phoenix... I just got tired of the deadline, postpone... deadline, postpone... I felt like I was in court! I'm glad my Pens didn't sign him, and again respect him staying put. Just wish he'd said "I won't be leaving Phoenix until September 16th rolls around and the team's future seems determined" or something instead of the "maybe I will maybe I won't" stuff is all.

His agent was pretty clear from the get-go that he was staying in Phoenix if the terms were right and ownership was settled.

Many people chose to speculate beyond that.

His agent was pretty clear from the get-go that he was staying in Phoenix if the terms were right and ownership was settled.

Many people chose to speculate beyond that.

I know bud it was the deadlines I have issues with. On this date I'll entertain offers but I'm staying if I can. I'll know by this date. Ok that didn't work so I'll know by this date. Ooops... Ok how about this date instead.

Not something I was losing sleep over, just glad I won't be greeted by more "Doan moves deadline" front pages on NHL.com.

• Like 1

I know bud it was the deadlines I have issues with. On this date I'll entertain offers but I'm staying if I can. I'll know by this date. Ok that didn't work so I'll know by this date. Ooops... Ok how about this date instead.

Not something I was losing sleep over,

That's all media-created. From the jump, Doan said he wanted to stay in Phoenix. There was no ambiguity about it aside from the media constantly hounding him.

I agree he could have done better just saying he was waiting to see how the ownership situation played out in Phoenix and there would be no other "deadlines."

I'm not thinking his agent was particularly helpful in that area.

just glad I won't be greeted by more "Doan moves deadline" front pages on NHL.com.

Or on here... ;-)

• Like 1