Crosby DOESN'T save the NHL (this time)

Guest flyercanuck

We all know there wouldn't be a National Hockey League if Sid the KId wasn't around to save it. But where was he this time? Maybe our friends from Pittsburgh can shed some light on the subject. As for now, it appears theres a lockout.

(this smarmy thread is brought to you by the letters "F" and "C" and the word "nipxur")

Snider has just about the most to lose when paying for the struggling teams from his profits. What I don't entirly get is how the owners expect the players to pay for those teams when 1) The owners approved those expansions/moves and 2) They are the ones handing out the huge contracts, right up until a few hours before the lockout... I am NO union fan but the players NHLPA is doing what any union would do. Fighting to keep as many jobs as possible and preserve existing contracts that were negotiated AND SIGNED IN GOOD FAITH!!!!!!!!. Now the owners want to violate ALL the contracts they signed. Just doesn't make sense to me anyway...

@hf101 " Rumor has it that Snider and Jeremy Jacobs, the Bruins owner have Bettman's ear more than any other owner. "

Good Lord, is this a double penetration reference?

Snider has a fortune off other people's money. Doesn't surprise me if he's trying to take it from the players too.

Bored? I'm failing to find the humor here. Hmm...

Picture "Ted is Real" humping the cash register....now picture Gary Bettman's head is the cash register.........ok...now put Ed Snider instead of the bear and Jeremy Jacobs on the other side of the same cash register......

Picture "Ted is Real" humping the cash register....now picture Gary Bettman's head is the cash register.........ok...now put Ed Snider instead of the bear and Jeremy Jacobs on the other side of the same cash register......

Haha nice! I was actually referring to the originating post, but I suppose I didn't make that very clear ;)

Haha nice! I was actually referring to the originating post, but I suppose I didn't make that very clear ;)

What you didn't find my OP humorous? And after I said your daughter was cool and all? Geez.

I was making a joke about a post one of you Pens fans made (B21?) about Crosby saving the NHL last lockout. I guess you have to be a non-Pen fan to get the humour.

What you didn't find my OP humorous? And after I said your daughter was cool and all? Geez.

I was making a joke about a post one of you Pens fans made (B21?) about Crosby saving the NHL last lockout. I guess you have to be a non-Pen fan to get the humour.

Haha, funny. Weird, I don't remember that post (the B21 post you're referring to). I think I'm also just a wee bit bitter about the lockout going through, even though we all pretty much knew it was going to happen. So yeah, eff Crosby lol

Haha, funny. Weird, I don't remember that post (the B21 post you're referring to). I think I'm also just a wee bit bitter about the lockout going through, even though we all pretty much knew it was going to happen. So yeah, eff Crosby lol

I think the major bitterness was generated because of how fixed by Bettman "Crosby going to the Penguins" appeared following the lockout. The NHL used Crosby to the max, overkill even, to sell the game following the lockout. Crosby was the spokesperson for the NHL......and the partnership worked. The NHL recovered and grew. They have a 10yr television deal.

Look at the players video to the fans--->led by Sid......But this time it appears the Owners don't want a partnership, they want control. And in the process have pushed Sid aside.

• Like 2