YOU F*CKING SUCK, BRYZ!

Guest bernardmarcel1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryzgalov is way too into himself when the cameras are rolling - it's embarrassing. Plus his segments are stupid imo. But the guys seem to deal with him okay.

I bet they feel like we do - "Be eccentric all you want just stop the fkng puck from going into our net."

yeah that was funny, and a good segment that showed the guys relaxing around a meal together. The way I saw it the guys all get along really well. Apparently it's already a standing joke that Bryz is goofy; they make fun of him all the time and Bryz, to his credit just rolls with it.

I can't give him too much credit though because his willingness to roll with it looks to me like it stems from a desire for attention and not necessarily from just being a good guy. He may very well be a good guy too, but his motivation (as FC put it recently) seems to be to become a "media darling."

You just know when he heard the Flyers were going to be on HBO this season he started polishing up his act. I wish I found it entertaining but until he's more reliable in net I can live without his "offbeat" sense of humor.

@doom88

DEFINITELY NOT apologizing to that a$$ clown. After that CO game / shootout debacle, it seemed that there were quite a few rationalizations for Bryz' play (W-L, etc.) Its pretty clear that he's a complete piece of garbage now. Looking forward to Bob in the net for the WC (**crossing fingers**) :unsure:

Looking forward to Bob in the net for the WC (**crossing fingers**)

unfortunately I have a feeling we can all cross our fingers, toes, legs, arms... everything short of tying ourselves into pretzels and we're still getting Bryz in the Classic. I sure hope I'm wrong.

@flyercanuck

the flyers are in a spot like i don't think i've seen before. under any other circumstance, bryzgalov would defintely take a back seat and bob would get a long hard look for the next month with an eye to the playoffs, winter classic aside. but the flyers are locked into bryzgalov like only the canucks and islanders have been before. i really have no idea how this is going to play out. if the 2011-12 season is the primary thing, bob needs to start getting a way heavier workload. if the 2011-2020 seasonS are primary....i just don't know. what a mess.

damnit, but we were so close. after all these years, a real chance to have the goalie situation stabilized internally, our own homegrown goalie, philly's marty brodeur. impatience and laviolette's inexplicable three man rotation killed it.

(yes, i know bob is still a maybe. so long as we're all cutting our wrists, though, may as well play it to the hilt)

@flyercanuck

damnit, but we were so close. after all these years, a real chance to have the goalie situation stabilized internally, our own homegrown goalie, philly's marty brodeur. impatience and laviolette's inexplicable three man rotation killed it.

I was agreeing with your contention until this point. We were *not* close. Not really. Bob was OK - just OK. Mentioning him in the same sentence with Marty is quite silly. Marty took this league by storm.

Look. I like Bob. I really do. I did last year. And I want to see him do well in O&B. However, I felt the change/upgrade in net was needed. But I had no idea Bryz is really *that* bad. I erally think he deteriorated since he came to the Flyers. I don't know what it is: the system, bad defense in front of him, or him not wanting to be here, or whatever else. But he's been nothing short of disgraceful. I see him going completely belly up in the playoffs, if the Flyers even make the playoffs.

But the truth is, we wouldn't even be in the situaiton we are in if Bob was playing lights out last year and clearly outplayed Bryz thus far. He played well in stratches, but for him to succeed he needed to play at a level where he would basically leave the Flyers no doubt that he is THE MAN. Both goalies are essentially on teh same level. The major difference is one is getting paid like he is the best goalie in the world and the other gets paid exactly teh money he earns.

Edited by Mad Dog

@Mad Dog

I was agreeing with your contention until this point. We were *not* close. Not really. Bob was OK - just OK. Mentioning him in the same sentence with Marty is quite silly. Marty took this league by storm.

well, i did say below that that i know i was going overboard. that said, marty spent one year as a call up from the A, and his rookie year posted the same exact sv% as bob and started fewer games. marty took the league by storm in his second season; in his first he was very promising, but nothing more...and i'd say the same about bob. i'm not *really* saying bob is the next broduer, but it was impossible to say broduer was the next brodeur after a single season, either. a rookie year says basically nothing about a goalie -witness steve mason- but to the extent you can read *anything* into it, bob was off on the right foot, all things said. he has the tools required for a very high ceiling to his career, and that's about as much as you can say at this point in any young goalie's career.

@Mad Dog

well, i did say below that that i know i was going overboard. that said, marty spent one year as a call up from the A, and his rookie year posted the same exact sv% as bob and started fewer games. marty took the league by storm in his second season; in his first he was very promising, but nothing more...and i'd say the same about bob. i'm not *really* saying bob is the next broduer, but it was impossible to say broduer was the next brodeur after a single season, either. a rookie year says basically nothing about a goalie -witness steve mason- but to the extent you can read *anything* into it, bob was off on the right foot, all things said. he has the tools required for a very high ceiling to his career, and that's about as much as you can say at this point in any young goalie's career.

OK. Valid points. But then here is what I am trying to figure out. And I am not asking this question to argue or be cute, but because I honestly can't figure this out. Laviolette knows his team much better than you and I. Why did he go nuts in the playoffs with that 3-goalie embarrassment? Why couldn't he just put his trust in Bob? Anybody with a common sense, let alone a savvy, experienced, intuitive, successful coach like Lavy, could expect Bob to perform at *least* no worse than Leighton, right? Was his confidence in Bob that low that he had to resort to that mortificaiton that we all witnessed.

Edited by Mad Dog

Why couldn't he just put his trust in Bob? Anybody with a common sense, let alone savvy, successful coach like Lavy, could expect Bob to perform at *least* no worse than Leighton? Was his confidence in Bob that low that he had to resort to that mortificaiton that we all witnessed.

going to but in here with the observation that Leighton was Laviolette's guy... he recommended him when Carolina waived him , he was a known quantity to Lavy, I think PL had a comfort level with Leighton that he didn't have with Bob, and i think those were the choices for PL; I think he viewed Boucher as the backup and the other guy as the starter. i think he knew Bob was worn down from the grind of the season and was hoping to recreate the prior year's Leighton magic where the team played super tight in front of him...

@Mad Dog

honestly, i think bob was fried at that point. he was, what, 25 games past his previous max? played in 35 in the KHL in 2009-10, and finished with 60 games in the NHL last season. he really was fighting it, imo, a pacing lesson he needed to learn. boucher had a pair of brutal starts sandwiched around a couple pretty outstanding ones..but he was a mixed bag at that point. me, i would've stuck with boucher, but i guess laviolette hoped leighton could catch the same lightning in a bottle he had a season earlier. seems obvious to you and me that that isn't a game you play at that point in the season, but there it is.

Bob was one game away from losing waiver exemption. Beyond that, Lavy screwed up goalie mgmt, and then Homer/Lavy let Bob dress again, killing his waiver exemption.

Imagine for a second, Bob didn't play that game, and was in the AHL. How much worse would this team be with Leaky and Bryz...or would Bryz play better with no competition in net?