YOU F*CKING SUCK, BRYZ!

Guest bernardmarcel1

You make all good points. I was trying to say He did not lose the game all by himself. it was a team effort.No doubt injuries are the biggest reasons things are not going well. Time heals all wounds. We can only hope.

Having said all that Bryz needs to do a better job and he needs to start with concentration for 60 minutes.

He lost the game by himself. That's what the shootout is. 2/3 of the Flyers scored, he stopped 0/3. Failure.

1.95/.926 is an indication of lack of focus? of concentration?

There are times that it's quite legitimate to criticize a goalie. After a night of 1.95/.926 with the tying goal coming off two own-skates is NOT the legitimate time.

See above.

You have to play the whole game...not just the first, not just the third, and sometimes, not just regulation. I don't know what is wrong with Bryz (if anything...he really could be this bad normally), but he'd better figure it out quick. He likes philosophy, but the time for wondrous thinking is over. Start practicing you bum!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ radoran - 2 GA on the road is certainly respectable, & it will be tough foe any team to win when scoring only 2....but, I have to ask - respectfully - did you walk away satisfied with how Bryz showed in the SO last night?

I think what I'm getting at is, ok, steady for 3 periods / OT, then what the hell happened?? It was almost like he had meltdown out there, which freaks me the F out considering we're stuck w/ him for the better part of the next decade...

You have to play the whole game...not just the first, not just the third, and sometimes, not just regulation. I

Used to say the same thing about 88 and I don't think Bryz is even near that talented. So the pigpiling is - if he's gonna be paid the highest, he has to play the best?

Has he stolen ANY games this season?

The only thing he has stolen so far is $51 mil. No biggie!

Here is a thought that really makes me wanna gobble up Valium: Bryzgalov will count $5.67 million against the Flyers' cap until he is 40 years old.

I can't imagine how this mere thought cannot drive people to drinking.

if he's gonna be paid the highest, he has to play the best?

The best??? Not even...how bout at least a SINGLE save in the SO!!!!??

Realistically, for the $$$$ he makes, he should be performing like an elite goaltender. I've seen average to occasionally above average moments from him. Definitely not elite level. An average goalie saves at least one or 2 last night in the SO. Not none....

I think what I'm getting at is, ok, steady for 3 periods / OT, then what the hell happened?? It was almost like he had meltdown out there, which freaks me the F out considering we're stuck w/ him for the better part of the next decade...

he got beat on 3 breakaways. yeah, that sucks, but...it's a coin toss. JSG got beat on all three, too, just the last one happened to hit iron.

i advise you to NOT go to youtube and search for "bryzgalov shootout". don't do it. don't look at the first 2 pages of results. seriously, stop, don't.

ok, preview:

none of this surprising, guys. bryzgalov is playing the same game he always has.

i advise you to NOT go to youtube and search for "bryzgalov shootout". don't do it. don't look at the first 2 pages of results. seriously, stop, don't.

Ok...So you are Lavi, and we will assume that you already know (see vids above) how "well" Bryz does in shoot outs. Why in God's name would you leave him in goal for the shoot out? Is it your thinking that he is over due to stop a few?!?!?!

@flyerrod

well, bob doesn't exactly have a great shootout record, either. add that the fact he'd be coming off the bench cold....i don't think that helps anything at all.

besides, bryzgalov gets it done once in a while:

;)

Edited by aziz

aziz, I really think you thrive on contrarianism. I could have sworn you were one of the few bigger Bryz-haters this past summer. You know Bob has a small sample set of shootouts, and was in his rookie season, and on North American ice for the first time. What's Bryz's excuse? I'm sure they are plentiful, and possibly amusing, but they aren't getting the job done. Period.

I could have sworn you were one of the few bigger Bryz-haters this past summer.

i was. am. i try to not think about it *too* much, because i am still having a tough time processing that holmgren and snider pretty much took the flyers goaltending situation out behind the garage and shot it in the face 51 million times. bryzgalov is fine, but in the same way kelly hrudey was fine: one of the better goaltenders in the league, but far far from the best. exactly NOT the kind of guy you commit your team to for any length of time, and certainly not if it means shortchaning the rest of the team via a big cap hit. underscore all of that with the as of now uncapped potential bob represents, and, well, i said earlier today: the signing was milbury-esque. holmgren/snider decided to pass on luongo in favor of depietro. if i let meself think about it, i start to get really really angry.

which is where the contrarianism comes in. it's done. this is the flyers' guy for a long time. hrudey wasn't a terrible goalie, the isles and kings had some decent seasons in front of him. he got the job done, providing the rest of the team did what they needed to do. bryzgalov will, too. i'm trying to not dwell. i'm trying to see and advertise what positives there are. i'm also trying to tell people that we aren't seeing anything unusual out of bryzgalov, the game we've seen from him so far is the game he brings, the game he's always brought. there was a reason i was so against this whole thing from day one. you don't put all your eggs in kelly hrudey's basket.

every once in a while i slip and get a twisted smile from pulling stuff up, like the shootout vids. mostly it's to say bryzgalov didn't play that last one any different than he has over his career; he isn't slacking off, it's just the goalie he is. there's also a very small bit of, "GODDAMNIT I TOLD YOU PEOPLE DON'T BUY THE HYPE!"

small bit.

@bernardmarcel1

Alright Bernard, let's see if he can get into your good graces on the next shoot out. Meanwhile, steady as bryz goes...

It's not even like "I want Bryz to be better in SO's..." as much as his timing last night. The team has been overachieving for a long time now, & has come back down to earth a little bit. Considering he's "The Guy" now between the pipes, I hoped he'd shut the door & give the rest of the team a lift.

Sorry, I guess it's just hitting me now what a ludicrously huge contract to give a "basically solid" goalie (except SO's apparently!). But I guess that's more on Homer / Snider than anyone...

i was. am. i try to not think about it *too* much, because i am still having a tough time processing that holmgren and snider pretty much took the flyers goaltending situation out behind the garage and shot it in the face 51 million times.

LOFL

Sorry, I guess it's just hitting me now what a ludicrously huge contract to give a "basically solid" goalie (except SO's apparently!). But I guess that's more on Homer / Snider than anyone...

Except the "basically solid" part was all down in Phoenix - a little in Anaheim. Doing a "basically solid" over the long haul in Philly is a whole 'nother bag of bananas, and to me Bryzgalov seems exactly like the wrong personality-type to make the adjustment.

I wish we would've picked up Emery - the minute he said he was going to give it another go. He's the right type imo - flamboyant, reckless, crazy - and a team guy all the way. He's blue-collar too, not an airy-fairy russian clown who's biggest thought before the trade was "I wanna be the highest-paid goalie."

Would I *like* Bryz to stop more in the shootout? Of course.

That said, Giguere didn't make any stops in the shootout, either - and if Read's shot was an inch lower...

Does it matter to me if he's no good in the carny game they run to award an extra point and giant stuffed bear during the regular season if he puts up 1.95/.926 in the playoffs? No.

I like the player. Don't like the contract - amount or length. But I'm not going to do final evaluations before for the first half of the first season of the deal is done.

Essentially - if they win the Cup in June, I don't care how many shootouts in December they lose.

I'm just of the opinion that a goalie who put up 1.95/.926 doesn't necessarily "******* SUCK" because of a bad performance in a carny game.

YMMV

I wish we would've picked up Emery - the minute he said he was going to give it another go. He's the right type imo - flamboyant, reckless, crazy - and a team guy all the way. He's blue-collar too, not an airy-fairy russian clown who's biggest thought before the trade was "I wanna be the highest-paid goalie."
\

I'm hard pressed to disagree with much that @canoli

I'm hard pressed to disagree with much that @canoli

Thing is, Snider (apparently and allegedly) wanted a solid "end" to the goalie carousel debate.

Bringing back Emery, who was already a part of that same carousel, would not likely have been seen to do that.

I don't like how this organization addresses what it considers "problems" - whether the "must have #1 C" that turned into Briere or the "big vet defenseman" that became Pronger or the "gotta have #1 G" that became Bryzgalov.

Overreactions and bad decisions, IMO.

alright! With you on my side how can we go wrong?

Seriously I always liked that guy, even when he was harassing the fine people on the roads around Ottowa (!). Emery is a guy who loves the game, he loves the fight - like Hextall in a lot of ways I guess. He's the kind of guy I want on my team. And he looked pretty damn good last night against the Pens, from the little I saw.

Bryzgalov may end up being great for us, who knows. But everything I know about him says it'll be a miracle if he is.

Bringing back Emery, who was already a part of that same carousel, would not likely have been seen to do that.

Funny, I don't see Emery as part of that circus. The dates may be against me but I just "feel" like he was removed from 99% of that crap-ola, the shuffling, the goalie-go-round.

JSG got beat on all three, too, just the last one happened to hit iron.

JSG isn't being paid like a top goalie or expected to be carrying the team like Bryz. If Bob was in net and allowed those goals I don't think people would be hating on him like Bryz right now. We just want him to step up when it counts not just be average and that's driving everyone nuts.

@radoran I totally (like, totally) see your point and understand it. It's a shame that the narrative around the Flyer goalie history is so overwhelming that a team has to go out and do that to appease it.

And ironic that it actually fans the flames of those demons in the end, so that we will perpetually be looking for that savior and making the same mistake again and again. ******* sad man.

Wow, cool window just opened up asking me if I wanted to see the latest post. Nice work @Digityman!

Funny, I don't see Emery as part of that circus. The dates may be against me but I just "feel" like he was removed from 99% of that crap-ola, the shuffling, the goalie-go-round.

He was part and parcel of it - they brought him in at the start of the 09-10 season and also signed.... Brian Boucher to back up.

Emery went down and they... claimed Michael Leighton off waivers.

at the end of the season they signed... Sergei Bobrovsky.

The year before Emery was Biron.

Emery would have been another "roll the dice' type move, IMO, for the Flyers' goaltending. This is not - again apparently and allegedly - what Mr. Snider had in mind...

@radoran I totally (like, totally) see your point and understand it. It's a shame that the narrative around the Flyer goalie history is so overwhelming that a team has to go out and do that to appease it.

And ironic that it actually fans the flames of those demons in the end, so that we will perpetually be looking for that savior and making the same mistake again and again. ******* sad man.

Wow, cool window just opened up asking me if I wanted to see the latest post. Nice work @Digityman!

The backup goaltender is always one of the most favorite Flyers for fans.

Until he becomes the starter.

I understand the frustration with Bryz. Hell, I'm frustrated with Bryz.

But that doesn't mean that Bobrovsky or Leighton would do any better in this situation. Yes, they're paid less. That's about it. Bob's numbers are virtually the same as Bryz' and Leighton is, well, Leighton and if I never see him in a Flyers jersey again it will be too soon.

All we can really do is wait to see if Bryz gets it together. This team "should" make the playoffs. That's where I'll "judge" Bryz this season.