Couturier vs Malkin

Lunatic

3 goals 5 assists in 6 playoff games isn't so bad... I'm gonna enjoy this !

I appreciate Couturier's skill but if you look at Malkin's stats he did no worse than any other year but maybe one. He scores half as many goals as games played every playoff. He was right on par with his normal playoff production.

Edited by Polaris922

3 goals 5 assists in 6 playoff games isn't so bad... I'm gonna enjoy this !

I appreciate Couturier's skill but if you look at Malkin's stats he did no worse than any other year but maybe one. He scores half as many goals as games played every playoff. He was right on par with his normal playoff production.

obviously you are oblivious to the Malkin hype.....Like Sid, we are expected to fall on our knees and worship them....are you not listening to Pierre McGuire...... :rolleyes:

P.S. Good luck on Saturday, it promises to be one heck of a game.

• Like 1

yeah but if I remember correctly most of those points were on the PP. Malkin only had 2 or 3 points 5 on 5.

Four points were on the PP. 3 points (1g / 2a) came in the 10-3 blowout. Take that game away, and Malkin had 5 points and a -5 in the other 5 games. None of his goals were GW or GT. So, pretty much he was a non-factor.

Also, in that 10-3 game, Malkin was a +4 while Couturier was a -1. All of Malkins points in that game came even strength, and the Flyers goals were all on the PP. Means the Bylsma concentrated on getting Malkin away from Couturier that game.

IN a series that was one of the most high scoring of all time as well

Not for nothing, but Crosby put up nearly the identical numbers- and in the same games match up. Meaning, both of them had a tremendous game in the 10-3 blow out, but otherwise they were meaningless (or shut down). Neal was the guy that was MVP on pitts for that series.

Honestly I don't give Couturier any more credit than anyone else got that series. The deciding factor was the head game. The Pens expected to play the season before's Flyers with little skill and little cohesion. The Flyers they played weren't that lame duck team anymore, and the Pens mentality didn't change to match. But we've been all over this topic and I know how much you guys love Couturier so we'll just see where it all goes this year. ;)

I know how much you guys love Couturier so we'll just see where it all goes this year.

I just hope that his time spent down in the A this year has not softened him making him think he can get by without maximum effort.

I just hope that his time spent down in the A this year has not softened him making him think he can get by without maximum effort.

I'm thinking it would strengthen his game and give him a little edge over players who had nowhere to play. But the danger of complacency is always real so I understand your concern.