Flyers forwards points per 60 minutes

DAXflyer

I got tired of defending Gags in the game chat last night. Obviously he is not the guy he was a few years ago, but he is nowhere near as bad as most would make out. He has had a couple concussions, but who in the league hasn't? The big problem he had was a huge freaking mass in his neck which was removed in LA. He is a defensive minded forward with some scoring touch left. If he were to accept a reasonable deal (say 3 years / 2.5 to 3 mil per) how do you not try to extend him? Anyway, to the naysayers who don't think he could ever put up 40 points in a season....

Flyers top 13 forwards this year: points per 60 minutes

#93 - .060

#17 - .047

#28 - .046

#10 - .039

#24 - .034

#12 - .031

#48 - .030

#9 - .027

#26 - .026

#14 - .022

#19 - .020

#25 - .019

#36 - .019

His production is only behind Voracek, Simmonds, Giroux, Schenn, and Read. He is not much ahead of Danny, but he ummmm.... plays defense and is not a center.

Any thoughts?

I'm very pro Gagne in general. He's not the problem, but he's absolutely a respectable guy who works hard. I'd gladly welcome him back at a reasonable rate and term. 3.5m current cap hit, 33 yrs old (not a 35+ contract).

I got tired of defending Gags in the game chat last night. Obviously he is not the guy he was a few years ago, but he is nowhere near as bad as most would make out. He has had a couple concussions, but who in the league hasn't? The big problem he had was a huge freaking mass in his neck which was removed in LA. He is a defensive minded forward with some scoring touch left. If he were to accept a reasonable deal (say 3 years / 2.5 to 3 mil per) how do you not try to extend him? Anyway, to the naysayers who don't think he could ever put up 40 points in a season....

Flyers top 13 forwards this year: points per 60 minutes

#93 - .060

#17 - .047

#28 - .046

#10 - .039

#24 - .034

#12 - .031

#48 - .030

#9 - .027

#26 - .026

#14 - .022

#19 - .020

#25 - .019

#36 - .019

His production is only behind Voracek, Simmonds, Giroux, Schenn, and Read. He is not much ahead of Danny, but he ummmm.... plays defense and is not a center.

Any thoughts?

Yea, $2.5-3.0M a year for three is a deal. Defensive wing. Playmaker. Sees the ice. Great passer. Rusty The Snail is bringing him down.

@DAXflyer

How does Voracek have .6 ppg (is that what you mean by 60 mins?) and Giroux only .46 when theres only 1 point seperating them with equal games played?

Sorry for the confusion. I divided total points by total number of minutes played this season.

Obviously that is not points / 60 minutes.

I had a brain fart when naming the stat.

It is just a ratio of production.

Sorry for the confusion. I divided total points by total number of minutes played this season.

Obviously that is not points / 60 minutes.

I had a brain fart when naming the stat.

It is just a ratio of production.

Wanna do my taxes for me? ;)

I love Gags, always have. He still has nice wheels, but did you notice how easily he got caught from behind last night when it appeared he could have had a clear cut break away.....4 years ago, Gags would have not been caught there, not even close, so he has lost at least a half a step, but he is still a very nice skater. Like many have said, if the price is right I would welcome him back without a second thought. I'm thinking anywhere from 1.8 to 2.2 is fair, anything over that and I would begrudginly part ways with him.

• Like 1

@doom88 I'm not sure if it was the end of a shift, was just caught off guard cause I'm not used to seeing Gags get caught from behind like that, when I saw him with a few steps on the defender after taking the stretch pass, I figured he was in alone. End of a shift might account for it though.

I love Gags, always have. He still has nice wheels, but did you notice how easily he got caught from behind last night when it appeared he could have had a clear cut break away.....4 years ago, Gags would have not been caught there, not even close, so he has lost at least a half a step, but he is still a very nice skater. Like many have said, if the price is right I would welcome him back without a second thought. I'm thinking anywhere from 1.8 to 2.2 is fair, anything over that and I would begrudginly part ways with him.

Jammer-I agree and if I were a betting man, I'd bet he stays with a hometown discount. He is respected by peers and a fan favorite.

Peace,

Howie