Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Hockey Junkie

Sabres are loaded with top picks. Big decisions coming in June

11 posts in this topic

Now that Regier is to stay, and I am one that agrees with this, he must decide on a coach. Rolston did do a decent job with what he had to work with. He kept the team motivated it seems. Or was it Steve Ott? Steve Ott is a huge piece of the puzzle. He has brought grit and spirit. If they chose to not go with Rolston, my choices would be one of three individuals. Ron Wilson, James Patrick or Randy Cunneyworth. Those that will be back IMO for sure are Erhoff (locked into long deal). Myers (too young to give up on and a Calder trophy winner), Steve Ott (they will not only keep him but he wants to be here), but after that, who knows? I would have said keep Vanek at any cost and I still say that. But Regier? I do not know if he has alienated Miller or Vanek? If he has, then I am going to buy a brick with my name on it and put it right through the office window at the Niagra Center. Sign Miller and Vanek and then move on Hecht has retired so that is solved. Once we see how we fair in the lottery we can decide whether to trade or use the picks. I think a bit of both will occur. Buffalo is in good shape with picks.

If you don't want Myers to regress any more than he did you wouldn't want Ron Wilson within 50 miles of him.

2 people like this

Big decisions to make in Buffalo. Who do you want in the draft?

I would think either Nurse or Ristolainen would be around at 8th pick. (Both defensmen HJ and both pretty good). I've seen more press about Nurse but I'm willing to bet Ristolainen might be the better pick for Buffalo. I suppose Shinkaruk or Domi would be around if the Sabres prefer a Center, but both are somewhat smallish. I think if either of the D are around at 8th pick I'd have to take one. Even Pulock or Zadorov (Dmen) would--I think--be better picks than the centers but I've never seen either play so my opinion is based solely on their size.

This thread should be titled "Rearranging Deck Chairs on the Titanic". (Or any Carnival or Royal Caribbean cruis ship for that matter). :D

2 people like this

This thread should be titled "Rearranging Deck Chairs on the Titanic". (Or any Carnival or Royal Caribbean cruis ship for that matter). :D

So, you're saying Buffalo should deliberately tank seasons to get high draft picks?

:ph34r:

So, you're saying Buffalo should deliberately tank seasons to get high draft picks?

:ph34r:

Better than being mired in mediocrity for 40 years, no? :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Better than being mired in mediocrity for 40 years, no? :ph34r:

We missed the playoffs. Who you calling mediocre?

We missed the playoffs. Who you calling mediocre?

Missed playoffs? Missed Cups. ;)

The Sabres are in the same boat as the Flames and Stars, too bad to contend to good to get a impact pick. It is kind of like getting stuck in the friend zone with a hot girl......

getting stuck in the friend zone with a hot girl......

:D Bought the damn t-shirt on that one...

1 person likes this