Try to Trade for #1 Pick?

Guest activestick

@activestick

Not worth it. The amount of roster players involved for one player that isn't even NHL ready, would probably seal Paul Holmgren's fate as the GM.

Colorado will not give up that pick for free and as MC mentioned, it would probably start with Schenn, a 1st and ++.

It's a pipe dream to get to 1. I could see them maybe trying to move up inside the top 10 by trading their first and second round picks to a team that is targeting a player that could be selected at #11 where the Flyers might want someone that would go before 11.

I think they should seriously consider it. It's not often that a D'Man is the projected #1 pick. They should take a serious run at him. D'Men picked high in the draft typically turn out to be the real deal.

As the others said, not gonna happen. That kid is a perfrect fit in Colorado and even if we were willing to sell the farm to get him, there are other teams that would offer more. I've already heard rumblings from a Buffalo friend that the Sabres may take a shot at him buy offering up Ryan Miller, this years first (8th overall) and next years first and possibly another player. I dont want any part of that bidding war.

As the others said, not gonna happen. That kid is a perfrect fit in Colorado and even if we were willing to sell the farm to get him, there are other teams that would offer more. I've already heard rumblings from a Buffalo friend that the Sabres may take a shot at him buy offering up Ryan Miller, this years first (8th overall) and next years first and possibly another player. I dont want any part of that bidding war.

I'm not personally high on Miller, as he's kind of weak minded. Plus, the Avs are invested in Varly right?

I'm not personally high on Miller, as he's kind of weak minded. Plus, the Avs are invested in Varly right?

Yeah, I was surprised to hear this rumor since the Avs have a young promising goalie and Ryan Miller's best years are way behind him in my opinion.

I think they should seriously consider it. It's not often that a D'Man is the projected #1 pick. They should take a serious run at him. D'Men picked high in the draft typically turn out to be the real deal.

Would Eric Johnson be worth trading up for? How about Jack Johnson? Cam Barker? Zack Bogosian? Eric Gudbranson? Hedmans a good player but hardly great. Thomas Hickey? Is Luke Schenn worthy of trading up top 5 for? Pitkanen? Those are all top 5 picks over the last 11 years. I wouldn't sell the farm for any of them.

Would Eric Johnson be worth trading up for? How about Jack Johnson? Cam Barker? Zack Bogosian? Eric Gudbranson? Hedmans a good player but hardly great. Thomas Hickey? Is Luke Schenn worthy of trading up top 5 for? Pitkanen? Those are all top 5 picks over the last 11 years. I wouldn't sell the farm for any of them.

Bogosian? Yes. Hickey, Hedman and Murray from last year? Who knows? Give them time. All young. Bogosian is definately worth moving up for. I watch most Jet games here in Winnipeg and this guy is going to be great. He's an RFA this year. No way the Jets let him walk.