Toronto fans booing our national anthem

Guest pensuck

I understand how much you may hate the Bruins. But how the fuk do you boo our anthem especially after what happened in Boston? I'm not even going to start the debate on your armed forces and defense budget. I'm proud that you're our neighbor's and I love spending time in Quebec snowmobiling and in BC hunting. I can't stand that booing the anthem ****. Classless in my opinion.

• Like 1

I understand how much you may hate the Bruins. But how the fuk do you boo our anthem especially after what happened in Boston? I'm not even going to start the debate on your armed forces and defense budget. I'm proud that you're our neighbor's and I love spending time in Quebec snowmobiling and in BC hunting. I can't stand that booing the anthem ****. Classless in my opinion.

Yeah, I kind of expect that out of Montreal, but Toronto? Shouldn't they be relishing in the moment of actually hosting a playoff game for the first time in damn near a decade?

The centre holds 20000 plus ? I know its a minority of them but definitely 1-2k. What they do is not have the singer break in between his notes so you can't hear the boos. But u could still hear them. I have a friend who is there and texted me right after the anthem. Not cool.

You don't start the debate on our defense budget, and I won't point out that your defense budget comes from rich Chinese pockets.

But booing an anthem because of a sport is just stupid... immature and stupid. Boo their logo, players... whatever. But I don't see the good in booing an anthem.

Edited by fishbulb
  • Like 1

So you don't like that a few idiots at the ACC booed your anthem and you're not going to start a debate, but you decide to sling the mud anyway? That's classy..

And our armed forces can take care of themselves, and have done so time after time after time. We may not spend trillions and trillions on our military but it's never got it's ass kicked from anyone.

I don't understand the concept of deciding to waste huge amounts of money on a "defense budget" and then complaining about the people who don't.

Booing the anthem is classless and exemplary of why Leaf fans are jokes.

The first I remember that happening was after the start of the Gulf War part duex.....and of course fans in the US returned the favor by booing the Canadian national anthem. Which goes to prove that idiocy knows knows no nationality, race, creed or gender

• Like 3

@flyercanuck

And bordering the US has nothing to do with that right?

You guys don't have to spend trillions because we do. Just like every other country out there that depends on our military.

@ sarassipius

Yes. I believe it was Montreal that started it

You guys don't have to spend trillions because we do. Just like every other country out there that depends on our military.

We could really really stick it to them and, you know, not spend trillions...

:ph34r:

@pensuck

We're on a hockey board that has plenty of good people on it from many different countries. I've read some fairly stupid things on here from certain posters. Some of them are Americans. But I can see the difference between a few posters and an entire country. I suggest you try it.

• Like 1

And our armed forces can take care of themselves, and have done so time after time after time. We may not spend trillions and trillions on our military but it's never got it's ass kicked from anyone.

We did do a number on you guys in the French and Indian War....but you were mostly French then so it's really not your fault. ;)

And that's why Canadian fans in Toronto shouldn't boo our anthem. All be it only a few thousand but its still bs. Especially to the one's who are fighting right now over seas.

158 Canadians died in Afghanistan. They still have troops there in training capacities.

Canada also contributed upwards of $300 Million to the Iraq war.

@radoran

I agree. If it happens it'll be all over the news. I don't think it will.

I got a $20 that says it does. At least by a small contingent. Because there are idiots everywhere. Playoffs and everybody's all juiced up, rationalizing it as ok because they did it first. Hope I'm wrong

@ doom

Yeah, right.

On another note. The Birds signed Your db Williams. Good or bad ?

Sorry, didn't see this earlier. Cary Williams sucks ass. I cannot say this enough. He isn't fast enough, or well positioned enough to play CB. He probably could play S, but obviously didn't get that chance with Ed Reed and Bonecrusher holding down those two positions. I know his stats look interesting, but I assure you, those were thrown directly into him (underthrown passes), and I think he still dropped two.

I don't miss him one bit.

When I was in the service, I was stationed with a multi-national force that included some Canadian troops. They were as proud as any, but were the first to thank US troops for keeping Canada safe. The US advanced warning systems that dealt with routine Soviet bomber incursions into our and Canadian airspace were American sites but often with Canadian troops on hand to coordinate efforts. This day and age, the Canadian military and economy are so intertwined with ours we're kind of in it all together.

So north of the border or south... Can't we all just get along? Lol

@ polaris

That may well be the first thing I agree with you on100%. Well said. We do work very well with countries that we're allies with. At the same time we're working very hard behind the scenes with everyone. Let's just get along...