2013 NHL Draft - MOCK DRAFT

Guest pilldoc

I don't know OR i think Gervais would have been fine in a limited role.

With all the injuries the team sustained he was thrust into 2nd pair duties and he is not a top 4 at all, with a proper rotation of players he can play in the NHL as a 5/6 pairing guy. He is a decent skater and has pretty good offensive instincts, he does get abused along the walls, and in front of the net more often than not so you limit his exposure.

I actually think the organization did Ollie a solid by letting him get the good minutes at Adirondack, Bringing a young guy up and throwing him to the wolves early last year would be a ticket out of town on the bust train, it takes time and confidence to do everything the forwards do except backwards and opposite, better to do that against guys in the A than Malkin, Callahan , Ovechkin and the like.

If they could make s move to grab Nich I would absolutely do it

I read on HF board that he tested horribly at the combine,hurting his stock....interview and all....that is a big chance to take on a russian winger. We'll see the fallout afterwards i'm sure.

And here is another mock....it's a bleacher report so it is what it is a mock...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1667178-nhl-mock-draft-2013-updated-projections-for-entire-first-round/page/2

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know where to place this topic since I did not see a Draft sub-topic anywhere.

Well just to keep the brain turning here's another good mock...Hockeys future...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/91941/hockeys-future-2013-staff-mock-draft/

Enjoy...

11. Philadelphia Flyers

Rasmus Ristolainen, D, TPS (SM-liiga)

Despite not having a legitimate slap shot like Ryan Pulock, Rasmus Ristolainen is far more ready to compete at the NHL level. His skating ability will give him the opportunity to jump right to the NHL and be a member of the same blue line as Kimmo Timonen for at least a year. This is definitely a move to eventually replace Timonen.

Erik Gustafsson, a welcome surprise, will be penciled into the top four next season leaving all six positions full assuming Andrej Meszaros returns, but Ristolainen could probably make some kind of push. With Gustafsson, Ristolainen, and Shayne Gostisbehere in the pool, there is legitimacy once again among the blueliners in the Flyers' stable, even if Brandon Manning never rights his ship or Marc-Andre Bourdon never recovers from concussion problems.

With the NHL 2013 Draft only a mere 4 weeks away I thought now would be good to have an official "Thread".

Another mock...

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-draft-2013-top-90-final-prospect-rankings/

11. Josh Morrissey – D, Prince Albert Raiders, WHL

The 2nd shocker of these rankings is yet another defenseman. Morrissey has intrigued me all season. His skating ranks with the best of them and plays a very simplistic (but effective) game. His passes are crisp, can move the puck up the ice, and is a great positional player. His gap control is a key asset and Morrisey will lay bodychecks, even though he isn’t the biggest defenseman on the ice.

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, unless Homer takes some bizarre unheard of center from Papua New Guinea, we should get a decent player at 11 whoever that is

One of the mock drafts have Drouin falling and Barkov moving up and then Nish #5..i'm more scared of not even drafting that pick at all...Homer may trade it and the 2nd too he don't know what to do with them anyway...

Edited by OccamsRazor

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=98084

according to Craig Button....he has Flyers picking Sam Moring ???

Pulock drops to #24 @ Van.

Nurse drops to #7 @ Edm

Risto drops to #14 @ Columbus

Don't see that happening at all. Morin is a project. If Ristolainen is there at 11 and the Flyers pass on him them Homer must go. And I mean right there on the spot at the draft, before round 2.

@Phillygrump

agreed...hence the ???? at the of my sentence........

is it possible we could have a public lynching at the Draft if Homer does something stupid......how about we all go to draft day nd beat the the tar out of Homer if he does something stupid.....no trial...just swift quick punishment! :D

@Phillygrump

agreed...hence the ???? at the of my sentence........

is it possible we could have a public lynching at the Draft if Homer does something stupid......how about we all go to draft day nd beat the the tar out of Homer if he does something stupid.....no trial...just swift quick punishment! :D

I think if he messes this pick up like that he's probably gone. I would at least hope so before the draft next year when the draft is in Philly.

• Like 1

Ugh I hope not. Morin is a reach and a project.

Agreed. It turns out Button just likes Morin - has him ranked very high in all his draft rankings (as opposed to mock). Plus he prolly assumes the Flyers will draft the 6'7" guy. I can see why he'd assume that.....

It is in Newark, so chances are tickets will be available for $2 at the gate on Sunday...