Worse GM Holmgren or Amaro

Mario99

@mojo1917

Great movie. I remember seeing it in the movie theaters when I as in high school. Anyone see the re-make that came out last year.....how was it?

gotta love these lines too..... :)

Jed Eckert: How did you get shot down, Colonel?

Col. Andy Tanner: It was five to one. I got four.

Aardvark: What's a "flank?"

Toni: What's a "defilade?"

Robert: What's "grazing fire?"

Col. Andy Tanner: [out loud, to himself] I need a drink.

Yeah...@aziz has a way of doing that to people (in a good way)

• Like 1

I say both because both committed large $$$$ to guys who are not worth it, but Amaro took over a WS winner and lost every year than year before and Homer had a NHL finals team that imploded since

They are both lousy

i don't watch baseball...ok, just college...but after today i think Homer has the title wrapped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homer just apparently allowed it to be known that they are now out of compliance with the cap and will have to make a move.

Top flight negotiating tactic, that.

Let everyone know that you're going to HAVE TO make a move.

Note to Danny Briere, start looking for places in the Southtowns.

Homer just apparently allowed it to be known that they are now out of compliance with the cap and will have to make a move.

No the cap rule isn't a problem yet...they are allowed to go over by 10%...they just can't do anything else. Like resign G...making now the perfect time for Nashville to sign G to an offer sheet....

They could however move Mezz to free up space...which i feel could be the next move.

No the cap rule isn't a problem yet...they are allowed to go over by 10%...they just can't do anything else. Like resign G...making now the perfect time for Nashville to sign G to an offer sheet....

They could however move Mezz to free up space...which i feel could be the next move.

G has to sign the offer sheet and I don't believe he would do that. No contracts are technically up until after June 30 (July 5 I think is start of free agency???)

They haven't "signed" Streit - they have agreed to terms. Streit better not be doing anything strenuous for the next two weeks because don't for a moment believe the Flyers wouldn't walk away i he broke his leg water skiing on Lake Geneva. And they wouldn't have the cap hit, either.

The cap also drops to $64M, making the +10% exemption around $70.5M including all tagged RFAs, pro-rated two-ways, Pronger, etc,.

Mesz is also the only guy making any sort of money who isn't on a no trade/movement clause and is a UFA after next season.

And, like I said, Briere's headed out of town.

We'll see if the other skate drops on Bryzgalov.

you're breathing the rarefied air today ... that's a good one +2

i really hate cliches and trite expressions

"rareified air"

such a worn out expression.

and what does it mean exactly?????????

Any professional writer avoids these cliches.

Horrible writing

@magnumpi

Good thing for me writing is not my full time job, I just come here for some hockey talk while my computer tries to catch up to me.

But to answer you question, in the case of @radoran, it means today his intellect is beyond the mundane concerns of mortals like me.

If you don't like my writing; don't read it, don't spend another second thinking about it, when you see the Oriole just skip the post and save yourself the exasperation.

<br />they just can't do anything else. Like resign G...making now the perfect time for Nashville to sign G to an offer sheet....<br />

Giroux can't be sent an offersheet until july 1, 2014. we have a long time before we need to start worrying about that.

rar·e·fied also rar·i·fied(rârprime.gifschwa.gif-fimacr.gifdlprime.gif)

adj.

Belonging to or reserved for a small select group; esoteric.

Elevated in character or style; lofty.

Edited by ruxpin
This message brought to you today by the Professional Writers Association of HockeyForums.net

@magnumpi

Good thing for me writing is not my full time job, I just come here for some hockey talk while my computer tries to catch up to me.

But to answer you question, in the case of @radoran, it means today his intellect is beyond the mundane concerns of mortals like me.

If you don't like my writing; don't read it, don't spend another second thinking about it, when you see the Oriole just skip the post and save yourself the exasperation.

Can you use more comma's? Lots and lot's of them.