Why Sid lost the plot with Chara...

EDI-Flyer

You (Pens fans) keep saying he was ATTACKED. I said if a 6'9 mutant who looks like the missing link were to Punch you in the face you would know it. I will give you haters gonna hate because I do hate the whiner :)

I think you're going to miss the point of most (Pens fans) on this one.

<Sarcasm on>

Look at how Bettman and the league tried to cover up that dirty rotten cheap shot that Crosby put on Rask. And how we as Pens fans defended that cowardly act. I mean, something like that has NEVER happened in the league before!!!

Then look at the how we are blowing out of proportion that little accidental face wash from Chara on Crysby. I mean really, he barely touched him!!! I mean how can we possible compare the two.

<Sarcasm off, reality back on>

For days we all heard and watched how Crosby lost it for no reason, and listened to how cheap he was for bumping Rask as he did. How many times did the video get shown over and over, in Zapruder style, showing the exact point where Crosby bumped Rask. The haters(whiners) couldn't, and still can't, let it go. Remember, it was all because of Crosby, NO ONE did anything else to start it.

So here's the video showing why Crosby may have been upset with Chara, who knows. But let's ignore it. What Chara did was just hockey, what Crosby did was him being a big baby. Yep, that's it. Do you really wonder why Pens fans get so frustrated?

Now Crosby will be called a whiner because this was brought up. Can you give me HIS quote on this? I'm trying to find where CROSBY has mentioned this because I can't find anything.

NOW, he's going to be ASKED about it, for obvious reasons. But what did he say about it BEFORE people asked him about it. Did he complain after the game, nope. That would be obvious since it took this long for someone to actually produce a video.

Most Pens fans considered the whole Rask thing a big non issue being blown out of proportion, but obviously we were just in denial of the facts when it happened, right?. How about now? Still a non issue to me, just as the Chara "hit" I consider a non issue. See I agree, its hockey, and he was cleared for contact. But the haters(whiners) will ignore the facts, and still make it a negative thing about Crosby.

Hey, let's have fun and trade some names here. Let's say its Malkin holding Bergeron and Crosby puts that jab in Bergeron's face. Imagine the outrage, hockey web sites around the world would have crashed at the number of threads created in an instant.

Sorry for ranting, yep, I took the bait.

Edited by nossagog

@nossagog

I don't recall the Crosby/Rask thing being a big deal. I remember you guys saying it wasn't a big deal, and most here agreeing. Pretty sure you even presented an earlier version of your over-the-top scenario.

If Crosby is going to get involved in a scrum, he's going to get the same thing anyone else would. He's given out cheap shots on plenty of occasions. Sorry, but as much as the league tried the players just aren't buying the 'off limits" tag if he's as guilty as anyone of the bs.

@nossagog

I don't recall the Crosby/Rask thing being a big deal. I remember you guys saying it wasn't a big deal, and most here agreeing. Pretty sure you even presented an earlier version of your over-the-top scenario.

If Crosby is going to get involved in a scrum, he's going to get the same thing anyone else would. He's given out cheap shots on plenty of occasions. Sorry, but as much as the league tried the players just aren't buying the 'off limits" tag if he's as guilty as anyone of the bs.

I think you and I are in agreement, I don't even have a problem with the Chara thing.

My direct frustration was with FlyerRod's post. He's already bringing out the Whiner label. Crosby has said nothing about this Chara incident, but all you have to do is google "Crosby Claims Chara" or Crosby Accuses Chara" and you'll get page upon page. Most accusing Crosby of being a whiner when he never accused Chara of anything. It gets old.

Actually.. The bumping Rask post was started to show how petty Crosby is, blah blah... That's how I perceived it anyway. I agreed it was a silly thread, non-issue. But I guess now we see why there was tension there, particularly between Crosby and Chara.

I agree Sid has done childish things... But this Chara move nearly rates with seeing Pronger in the grocery store and hitting him in the head with a can of soup. I think ANY player targeting a known injury on another player is cheap. Scrum and yap all you want. Do what you will to get a guy off his game. But don't risk a serious injury to any player. These men have lives to live. They take risks playing the game. No need to add to them.

@Polaris922

Were you preaching this when Samuellson was tryin g to end players careers or while Cooke still is? Theres players like that around the league. Many have played FOR the Pens.

Yes actually. I was saying if Cooke didn't change to dump him. Fortunately he seems to have caught on.

• Like 1

@Polaris922

Well if Chara actually meant to end Crosbys career...it'd be over.

I doubt very much that Chara had anything that cynical, but he does play on the edge. Sid was cleared that he couldn't reinjure it, but Chara's probably wanting to make him think about it.

I doubt very much that Chara had anything that cynical, but he does play on the edge. Sid was cleared that he couldn't reinjure it, but Chara's probably wanting to make him think about it.

Sure. Chara probably thought something like" You want to scrum, have a taste of this". Same thing he'd do to anyone else.

@nossagog

For the record, I agreed that the Crosby/ Rask bump was just that, a bump. No penalty and much ado about nothing. As far as the Chara/Crosby punch, Chara should have got 2 for roughing but he was pretty sneaky about it for being the tree that he is and got away with it. My fault on using the wrong sarcasm :D vs :ph34r: .

I have never been and never will be a Crosby fan but I am willing to acknowledge he is a great player..... even though, I still LOATHE him. The zinger was aimed in the general direction of @ polaris922 where even though I missed it seems to have been a shotgun blast and collected some collateral damage. All meant in good fun as we are all watching not so favorite teams play for the Cup.

Sorry, that was @B21 not polaris922..eh, all you pens fans look the same :ph34r: (please note the use of radoran's smarm charm)

Edited by flyerrod

Sorry Twp, but Giroux came off as very whiney there. That kind of thing happens on faceoffs all the time. He just happened to get hurt.

Honestly,, it wasn't Giroux "whining" about it as much as fans blowing it out of proportion.

This was a comment made to a reporter for a small paper in Northern Canada. It was Giroux looking down and saying "that was Crosby" to his wrists - it was Crosby, but "Crosby" right then is "center who was opposite me."

In the article, it isn't at all presented as Giroux "whining."

It's presented as "this is hockey."

And it is.

There is a lot of low-hanging fruit in fan-based "discussions" and "tanking" and "Crosby broke Giroux's wrists" are prime examples.

But there's a big difference between a fan baiting another fan and a player actually "whining".

@nossagog

For the record, I agreed that the Crosby/ Rask bump was just that, a bump. No penalty and much ado about nothing. As far as the Chara/Crosby punch, Chara should have got 2 for roughing but he was pretty sneaky about it for being the tree that he is and got away with it. My fault on using the wrong sarcasm :D vs :ph34r: .

I have never been and never will be a Crosby fan but I am willing to acknowledge he is a great player..... even though, I still LOATHE him. The zinger was aimed in the general direction of @ polaris922 where even though I missed it seems to have been a shotgun blast and collected some collateral damage. All meant in good fun as we are all watching not so favorite teams play for the Cup.

Sorry, that was @B21 not polaris922..eh, all you pens fans look the same :ph34r: (please note the use of radoran's smarm charm)

No problem, all us Pens fans probably sound the same too.;) I probably take it too personally too many times.

I probably take it too personally too many times.

I try very hard to not make an attack personal against anyone but sometimes things don't "sound" the same typed as spoken. Trust me when I say there will be no doubt in your mind if I am trying to offend someone......

You (Pens fans) keep saying he was ATTACKED. I said if a 6'9 mutant who looks like the missing link were to Punch you in the face you would know it. I will give you haters gonna hate because I do hate the whiner :)

I said "sucker punched". Not attacked. Wrong Pens fan. ;)

Actually, I was talking about past incidents where Crosby showed no respect. Jumping a guy on the faceoff, ballpunching from behind theres plenty to list To me it's what goes around. It was cheap by Chara, but Crosby has gone there plenty of times.

Lovers can't see past the black and gold.

You mistake me for someone who hasn't watched a lot of hockey. ;) Crosby was putting up with that kind of BS long before the taint shot and "jumping" MacLean (which is even debateable itself). You want the horse before the cart (insert horse face joke here). Me thinks its the other way around.,

Honestly,, it wasn't Giroux "whining" about it as much as fans blowing it out of proportion.

This was a comment made to a reporter for a small paper in Northern Canada. It was Giroux looking down and saying "that was Crosby" to his wrists - it was Crosby, but "Crosby" right then is "center who was opposite me."

In the article, it isn't at all presented as Giroux "whining."

It's presented as "this is hockey."

And it is.

There is a lot of low-hanging fruit in fan-based "discussions" and "tanking" and "Crosby broke Giroux's wrists" are prime examples.

But there's a big difference between a fan baiting another fan and a player actually "whining".

Funny - I can say the same exact thing about Crosby's "I don't like them..." comments and just about everyone here would disagree. :ph34r:

You mistake me for someone who hasn't watched a lot of hockey. ;) Crosby was putting up with that kind of BS long before the taint shot and "jumping" MacLean (which is even debateable itself). You want the horse before the cart (insert horse face joke here). Me thinks its the other way around.,

Of course you do, you're a Pen fan.

Crosby has done a lot of things over the years that others don't respect.You can disagree, that's your opinion. But you can clearly see it in the way his peers treat him. Put it this way, I've seen a lot of players shake their heads after Crosbys antics (and they're not always the result of beautiful goals) Lot's of players in every league have to put up with bs. Some do it with class. Some not so much. Don't get me wrong, off the ice Crosby is fine. But he's pulled a lot of questionable stunts over the years where I could see punching him in the face in a scrum is pretty acceptable to players on other teams. To go over the top as an example.., it's like Domi suckerpunching Samuellson. Real dirty play if it involved most any other player. Totally acceptable because of Ulfies prior history. Fans of other teams who hated Domi (including moi) applauded the move.

Funny - I can say the same exact thing about Crosby's "I don't like them..." comments and just about everyone here would disagree. :ph34r:

See, I don't think it's at all the same.

Crosby's "I don't like them" comment was in a postgame interview on national TV after a game during the playoffs. Giroux's comment was off the NHL ice, away from the game with a small town paper during the offseason.

If Giroux was sitting at his locker in front of the media holding his wrists wailing "SID!!!! WHY!?!?!? WHHYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?" then you might have something there.

What a douchebag move by Chara. I love that he watches the video and tells the interviewers it wasn't his hand or arm. I always kind of respected Chara as a businesslike, avoid the drama kind of steady defenseman. To openly attack an injury on an opponent though... I guess he's not quite the guy I thought he was.

sounds like Giroux's wrists in the playoffs against crosby last year during faceoffs...