Trade Up or Trade Down?

ZeZel25

What are the odds of Homer trading up or down? I can't see him trading down so that percentage for me is low. I seen someplace that the Flyers should offer Cout's or B.Schenn,Mesz and the 11th overall to Colorado for the 1st overall, not liking that, but I know you have to pay for that pick . I can see them trading up.

Getting into the top five would be awesome. But I guess it all comes down to what does the brain trust want. Do they still with best player available or by need? If nurse is available at six maybe they try to move up to get him. I doubt the flyers trade coots for that pick though. If they are going by need I would assume it goes nurse,ristolainen , pulock. I believe ristolainen and pulock will still be there so maybe they will sit tight with the 11th. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to garner another late first round pick. I would assume Detroit needs a mobile dman so maybe coby and a third? Maybe read to a team wanting another nhl performer at wing RIGHT NOW.

I guess it all depends who Homer has his eye on and what others want. I might just do Couturier, Mez and #11 for #1. I'd trade down if someone was to overpay, but not too far.

You *might* do that??? Wow, I'd do that in a nanosecond. The only thing of value we're giving up in that trade is Coots. Meszaros is a throw-in, and our #11 pick becomes the #1 pick.

Colorado would be skewered for making that deal.

If we manage to snag a defenseman through trade (e.g. Shattenkirk), then I would consider trading down to get two 1st rounders... say trade with Buffalo (2 picks) or Columbus (3 picks).

At that point, you might still be able to get a guy like Pulock... or if it's late in the 1st round, maybe take a chance on Fucale?

• Like 4

Wow... I agree with Brelic here...

If you can trade our 11th and Cooter for the #1 overall I would not even hesitate. Although, that is nowhere near enough to get the #1 pick let alone get us into the top 3. I am all for staying at 11 and hoping Nurse slides which I dont anticipate. Otherwise, I am picking Risto with the 11th pick overall.

What are the odds of Homer trading up or down? I can't see him trading down so that percentage for me is low. I seen someplace that the Flyers should offer Cout's or B.Schenn,Mesz and the 11th overall to Colorado for the 1st overall, not liking that, but I know you have to pay for that pick . I can see them trading up.

I say stay the course don't move up or down take the best player on the board at #11....not need to gamble on a guy that won't have an effect for a couple years...i think they will take Risto who should be there.

Mezz and our pick for buffs pick gets you up three spots and moves 4 mill. Hell, kick in briere to save a buyout and bye bye Bryz and hartnells ignorant contract( next year) cap space aplenty. Lord hear my prayer

You know, I wonder who Buffalo is after. If Nurse is still on the board at #8, then offer Buffalo our #11 and something (Coburn?).

If the Flyers try to move up, it better be for Jones or MacKinnon. Otherwise, see what falls to 11, and maybe trade out for someone's 2 and next year's 1.

Only way I trade Cooter AND a first rounder is for the two I mentioned above. Even then, Couturier is already in the NHL, and has playoff experience.

Only way I trade Cooter AND a first rounder is for the two I mentioned above. Even then, Couturier is already in the NHL, and has playoff experience.

To risky to gamble on unproven and then too also give up a proven in Coots...don't fully trust Flyer scouts...sorry

EDIT: they'll scout and draft a Patrick Juhlin and then not even look at/notice his better team mate Nick Lidstrom...pass.

In case people don't remember this player from the past...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Juhlin

Edited by OccamsRazor

well i wish i hadn't looked back at that draft...could of had Adam Foote, Sergei Federov, Pavel Bure....

...instead...Greg Johnson, Reid Simpson, Nicklas Eriksson, Jack Callahan, Sverre Sears, Glenn Wisser, Al Kummu, Matt Brait, James Pollio.....

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia....Draft#Round_one

A dynasty is built...hahaha

Oh don't forget the legend...Kent Mandervillle #24 overall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

I really doubt they'll trade the pick. Flyers do a great job with round one picks and given what I've heard lately and in the past, the Flyers are as likely to get the guy they want at 6 as they are at 11. I don't think they will trade up for Nurse and think it's entirely plausible he's there at 11.

We should swap our 1st Round pick in a trade to L.A. for Bernier and their 1st round pick, then trade our 1st and 2nd(that's how we can get rid of our second by the way) to another team for their 1st to be in the top 15 - 20 first round picks.

If we have to relieve Briere from his services, I would give L.A. Briere for Bernier and our second(that's how we can get rid of our second by the way).