For Homer's next trick......

Samifan

They can rename the game to KHL 2014 lol.

If it is true there is no way Columbus can fork out that money for maybe a 1 year wonder...not saying he is...but from a business stand point...they can't...it would be suicide...hey maybe they trade his rights back to the Flyers and they can resign him to compete with Mason...yeah i know a pipe dream.

If it is true there is no way Columbus can fork out that money for maybe a 1 year wonder...not saying he is...but from a business stand point...they can't...it would be suicide...hey maybe they trade his rights back to the Flyers and they can resign him to compete with Mason...yeah i know a pipe dream.

Let's just pretend they would trade him back to us and demanded the 11th pick. Who would make that trade? I probably would.

Let's just pretend they would trade him back to us and demanded the 11th pick. Who would make that trade? I probably would.

To make the call on that what would it cost dollar wise to force him to sign here???? Certainly not 10 mill per...now that the KHL has stepped in this could get messy...not sure if the Flyer should just steer clear of this mess that is about to happen...

If it is true there is no way Columbus can fork out that money

See Weber, Shea.

I think Columbus has no choice but to pay up. Not sure how, but let him go and what message are they sending to potential causual fans? And the 37 season ticket holders?

Let's face it, it's all about keeping and expanding your base, if you're not doing that you might as well start packing now.

See Weber, Shea.

Weber is proven Bob not so much...hard to give a guy 10 mill per for just a 37 game audition...

...Homer would be ripped apart if he was to do that here...

KHL involved now too....it is going to get messy.

If i'm a Columbus fan i take that 10 mill and sign two goaltenders, which they need cause they have none now.

Can Bob legally do that? I wonder what the deal is on that. At least if he goes back there to earn his money, he wont' be able to shut us out any more.

as an aside, I feel like there should have been a rule put into the CBA that says if a bought out player signed in the KHL, his buyout is void.

IF the KHL thinks it's okay to offer $10 bonuses to players willing to leave the NHL, then they can damn well cope with their players losing buyout checks for the sake of that $10 million.

Not that Bryz will get $10 like Bob though.

Good luck. He was offered $10 mil per in the K

Can Bob legally do that?

Not suppose to...yet it happened to Radulov and he got away with it..who knows..looks like a headache waiting to happen...

...10 ill per is just way to much for a guy with only about a year and a half of NHL play under his belt...just 38 games to win the vezina this year.

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 4m

Hearing Flyers have had discussions with the Buffalo Sabres regarding Ryan Miller.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Well far be it from Russians to start making sense now.

I guess they're just desperately wanting talent to tout so they can put butts in seats.

Most likely it's being subsidized by the gvt and gangsters (the difference over there is even more negligible than it is here) who plan on fleecing 80% of it back from the players anyway.

...10 ill per is just way to much for a guy with only about a year and a half of NHL play under his belt...just 38 games to win the vezina this year.

Not suppose to...yet it happened to Radulov and he got away with it..who knows..looks like a headache waiting to happen...

Radulov was under contract when he left for the KHL. Bobrovsky is a free agent. I believe even RFAs are allowed to sign outside of the NHL should they wish. Not sure how it works for their UFA status if they return, though.

If we sign Bob for this coming year, next year we will be having to sign a new backup.....two piranha's in one tank equal one Characidae.

Mason will relive his nightmare and might loose his wheels on this move, causing him to plummet to an even deeper chasm.

Rhemembu he left Columbi for a reasigh...

That would be torture, that would be Stalin.

What's he, 43? You just know the wheels fall completely off as the inks drying on the 5 year NMC deal.

He will be and this past season projected over a full season of 20+ goals making it 5 straight with 20 or more and he is faster than half the Flyers now...he only likes signing 1 year deals at a time which is what i want...

...why not he can still play and can score which is what they need...Homer is going to bring some old guy in.......it's coming...i'd prefer someone on a 1 year deal that can still play....Teemu fits that bill he is not your average 43 year old...plus he can help Kimmo his good friend finally win a Cup...

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor I agree with adding Temmu. Anytime you can add a player of speed and character, you should investigate the possibility. Considering it would be a one year deal at a decent cap hit, it would be nice. I take Temmu over Gagne, if it came down to it.

I just think the odds of him playing for a team other than the Ducks is 0.00001 %. First ballot HOF'er. It will be real tough to break his 76 goal rookie goal scoring record. Thank God I didn't post back then. I would have said he would get 90+ goals a year for a gazillion years or something stupid like that. Meanwhile, he never ever got close to that 76 goal season. Rather odd huh, you NEVER see a player peak in their rookie year (production wise) and then regress. While Temmu's "regressing" translated into a boatload of 30, 40, and 50 goal years.....I doubt we ever see a 600 goal player peak during their rookie season again.....the odds of it repeating are astronomical.

Wow, I somehow got the little squiggly lines in his post, identify spelling errors! Hope it stays, just so everyone does not have to see my horrid spelling!

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1