LW Tyrell Goulbourne Flyers 3rd...

Guest OccamsRazor

What we need is a puck carrying defenseman.... Ah! I am gonna jump off the ledge bc we took Morin and we need a puck moving defenseman and my head is going to explode... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Pulock is the best...

Okay, now that we got that out of the way. Not a bad pick here but I will say Haggard was a steal. We got a tough as nails stay at home with Morin and a nice fleet footed offensive dman... I like it...

This is the kinda pick where I will always think he would have been there 3 rounds later. Judging from his stats, he a much better player than Klotz, but a serious reach here. Um, Homer....nobody was gonna take this guy, sorry to tell you. Homer was in a one man race to secure his services...lol.

Found this article, scored 4 goals in a game in March. I figure a 10% chance he sees the NHL ice and a 1-2% chance he becomes a regular.

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/sports/rockets/news/194586841.html

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

From Broad Street Hockey:

NHL Draft 2013: Flyers waste No. 71 pick on Tyrell Goulbourne

By Travis Hughes on Jun 30 2013, 8:00p

Tyrell Goulbourne, a tough guy from the WHL, has been selected by the Flyers in the third round.

NEWARK -- The Flyers selected two defensemen with their first two picks in the 2013 NHL Draft, something they hadn't done since the early 1990s. But the more things change, the more they stay the same.

With their third round pick at 71st overall, the Flyers selected a head-scratcher of a tough guy in Tyrell Goulbourne, a winger from Kelowna of the Western Hockey League. ISS is the only draft guide we checked that even bothered to list Goulbourne attributes, ranking him 171st overall among all prospects. Again, the Flyers took him 71st overall -- 100 picks ahead of where he was projected.

In that ISS guide, it summed up Goulbourne pretty clearly:

Gritty hard working forward

Good Skater

Willing to go through the wall

Works hard up and down the ice

Teammates love him

Willingness to block shots

Great character leader

Warrior

Tough and respected

The Flyers just used a third-round pick on another Zac Rinaldo, basically. Or, perhaps worse, another Garrett Klotz, who they selected with their third-round pick in 2007. Klotz is now an ECHL regular at age 24.

There was a lot of talent on the board still at this stage of the draft, so it's frustrating that the Flyers wasted a pick on a guy like Goulbourne. If they wanted him this badly, he probably would've been there in two or three rounds.

In other words, we wasted a 3rd round pick on a bum yet again. You guys happy???

Nope....total waste, Homer making the same mistakes over and over...Did he not learn from Garret Klotz?!?!? Really....wtf.

Who wants to take a shot at a Subban when you can have another project who can keep the Bullies persona alive another decade while having no shot at cracking the NHL.

Eff

People said the same thing about Rinaldo if I recall correctly.

People said the same thing about Rinaldo if I recall correctly.

I think the real question about Rinaldo was whether or not he was actually insane. He hasn't behaved like a crazy person since he joined the Flyers, I think there was always the feeling that he could play.

At least this pick gives us reason to believe that Homer has not in fact been possessed by aliens. Good old Homey. Was starting to wonder about him after he took defensemen in the first two rounds.

Who wants to take a shot at a Subban when you can have another project who can keep the Bullies persona alive another decade while having no shot at cracking the NHL.

Eff

It's funny you would say that. I'm a Canucks fans and I was hoping we would pick up Tyrell Goulbourne in the fourth or fifth round. Instead we got Subban in the fourth.

Tyrell Goulbourne isn't as bad as a lot of people here are suggesting. He's not bad defensively, so he could be a solid third line grinder. That said, he wasn't worth a third round pick in my opinion. Maybe I will be proven wrong.

• Like 2

It's funny you would say that. I'm a Canucks fans and I was hoping we would pick up Tyrell Goulbourne in the fourth or fifth round. Instead we got Subban in the fourth.

Tyrell Goulbourne isn't as bad as a lot of people here are suggesting. He's not bad defensively, so he could be a solid third line grinder. That said, he wasn't worth a third round pick in my opinion. Maybe I will be proven wrong.

Welcome to the forum. What do you think of the 'Nucks big trade?

I always liked players like this who play tough, physical hockey but he was rated 171st prospect and we took him 1oo spots earlier than projected? I think we still could have took him in the 4th or 5th round.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input and welcome to the board!

Exactly. Don't have a problem with Goulborne but in the 3rd round? Its a major reach.