Top Prospects BoHo & Shinkaruk to Start 'Nucks Season

goalnut3133

Our top picks Hunter Shinkaruk & Bo Horvat will be starting on our roster beginning this year, for at least 9 games, which is pretty exciting for us. Shinkaruk has started with quite an impressive splash, netting 2 goals in the pre-season. BoHo, has also made some heads turn with some good defensive zone play, effective work in face-offs such as in the game vs 'Yotes & had 2 assists that game also.  (Another plus of having Kassian & Weise on suspensions for me...lol).

Here's to a successful season start for these 2 star rooks!  :)

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/23878133/nhl-rumors-rookies-horvat-shinkaruk-will-start-season-with-canucks

@EDI-Flyer  (It's funny, hf101 actually said the opposite in my other rookie's post, that Torts isn't the type to play rooks..lol!)  Yah, I agree, 9 games is better than none & will really thrill the fans to see them on the ice...maybe start to soothe some of the wound of that Schneids trade? :wacko:   lol.  Can't wait to watch them this season! 

@EDI-Flyer

Domi was never going to stick in the NHL this year. He's got great hands. He needs to play a lot more aggressively. Last year he spent most of his time playing perimeter hockey. He had the big highlight show-pass to Horvat in the OHL finals against Barrie that the sports channels kept showing over and over.. Nobody mentioned he was pretty much invisible the rest of those 7 games.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
No Bo Horvat on ice for VAN practice. Expectation is he is being returned to LDN in the OHL.

and I said what? about Torts playing rookies,  ;)

While I understand what you are saying, during his time with the Rangers he was always happy to play good young players... Derek Stepan,and Michael Del Zotto for example, albeit Del Zotto had already played 40 odd games for Renney. It didn't happen so much in Tampa which to my mind is more due to their appalling record in the draft... 

@EDI-Flyer

Domi was never going to stick in the NHL this year. He's got great hands. He needs to play a lot more aggressively. Last year he spent most of his time playing perimeter hockey. He had the big highlight show-pass to Horvat in the OHL finals against Barrie that the sports channels kept showing over and over.. Nobody mentioned he was pretty much invisible the rest of those 7 games.

I never thought it likely that he would stick, given the feedback from you and others prior to the draft. That said I do think he has an opportunity to be a dominant player in the OHL this season. However true (and I am not disputing what you say!) it is ironic your saying he needs to learn to play more aggressively given who his father is  :P

And yes, I know you don't mean aggressive in the Tie Domi sense of the word...

Edited by EDI-Flyer

• 2 months later...

Our top picks Hunter Shinkaruk & Bo Horvat will be starting on our roster beginning this year, for at least 9 games, which is pretty exciting for us

Hey guy been a while since i seen you post hope you had a great holiday with the family...

Vancouver Canucks prospect Hunter Shinkaruk will undergo surgery in early January to repair an ailing hip injury

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=439817

Vancouver Canucks prospect Hunter Shinkaruk will undergo surgery in early January to repair an ailing hip injury.

The Medicine Hat Tigers captain was invited to the Team Canada Selection Camp for the World Junior Hockey Championship but was released before the tournament started. 

"We wish Hunter all the best for a successful surgery and a full recovery," said Tigers' head coach and general manager Shaun Clouston in a statement.

In 18 games with the Tigers this season, Shinkaruk has scored five goals and added 11 assists for 16 points

Just a little news...

• 1 month later...

@OccamsRazor  Thanks guy! I've been laying pretty low under the radar lately & gotten pretty behind the hockey news, so thanks for this! Slowly catching up.... ;)

Nice to see you back. My Flyers are on a west coast massacre i guess if they come out with 3 points i'll be slightly impressed...ok no i won't.

There is a lot to fix. I don't know if i want them to trade Downie or not part of me says yeah just run and then maybe just keep him and ride this out. Just trade Mezz and maybe make a Kent Huskins like pickup.

• 1 month later...