Canucks dealing Sedin twins, anyone interested ?

I saw on TSN that Sedin twins might be moved by Canucks I might be interested, last 4 year point totals

They just turned 33

Your numbers are a bit off

Daniel: 85, 104, 67, 40 (1.12 ppg)

Henrik: 112, 94, 81, 45 (1.13 ppg)

Henrik hasn't missed an NHL game since 2004

No, I don't want either of them.

Yes, the Flyers will offer six year max deals with NMCs and then deal Giroux. :ph34r:

I doubt this. Not that TSN reported it, but I doubt that this would happen. They are a "package" and won't waive their NMC. They've already stated that before they were signed. Plus if Vancouver did attempt this, they would ask for a Kings Ransom. They're 33. I wouldn't do this. If this were 10 years ago, yeah only because I'd sign them to lifetime deals. But not now. They're good during the season, but the post season, they don't step up. 

The drop off in points for last year was due to the shortened season, though, right? But yes, looks like a decline & holding steady. Yes, it's odd that they haven't been signed yet (drama for the 'Nucks? You're kidding?), but I have a feeling they're not moving. This is Henrik's quote from today's article regarding the launch of their new "Sedin Corner" at Roger's Arena: 

“Our families feel very fortunate to live and work in Vancouver..."

They come from a large family (13 brothers, 5 sisters?), who I'm assuming has laid long-time roots here, from what I've heard about the twins, I think they'd put family before the big money. 

The drop off in points for last year was due to the shortened season, though, right? But yes, looks like a decline & holding steady. Yes, it's odd that they haven't been signed yet (drama for the 'Nucks? You're kidding?), but I have a feeling they're not moving. This is Henrik's quote from today's article regarding the launch of their new "Sedin Corner" at Roger's Arena: 

“Our families feel very fortunate to live and work in Vancouver..."

They come from a large family (13 brothers, 5 sisters?), who I'm assuming has laid long-time roots here, from what I've heard about the twins, I think they'd put family before the big money. 

Yeah, that's why the point per game number is more important. The Sedins are generally going to be involved, on average, in one, if not two, goals per game. That's a nice place to start.

The Nucks would be fools to let them walk as long as you're talking a contract term of five years or less at reasonable rates. Henrik in particular is a talent who constantly battles for the scoring title. What on earth would you get for them?? Nobody is going to give up similar talent.

• Like 1