Lavy out, Berube in

albertaflyer

Homer is an idiot...  what is the point of keeping a Coach around all summer and then firing him 3 games in?  Whay not make the move last year if the leash was that short?

That was another mistake. Firing him last season, when it was apparent something wasn't working, would have given time for a proper search (including some choice candidates that are no longer available) and a full camp with a new coach.

Greetings:

It's on Yahoo too. This is part butt covering, part signaling. It is CYA for Homer, et. all. But it is a signal to the team that their lazy, uncommitted play is unacceptable. Their posteriors are next. Berube is a "safe" bet; they know him. But this is a repeat of history...bring in the Assistant. Where have we seen that before? And to what end?  I wonder if Berube is made interim?  

Tomorrow night against my hapless, backyard Panthers should be interesting. A battle of the lightweights.

Best,

Howie

3 games in? You keep him all summer to fire him less than one week in????? Homer has to go... He has to.. This is garbage. And Berube? This makes my blog seem to go to waste where I mention they should part ways with him and the other assistants... 

• Like 3

This is just plain stupid. Three games in two of which were back to back. They get a good portion of players to fit his system (Lavi) then they fire him. I would look to fire Holmgren with all his boneheaded moves involving NTC/NMC, etc. 

This is not going to be a good season at all.

• Like 1

So... are we to assume we are now entering the countdown for Homer's head?

My money is on "no" -- this will be this year's excuse; "...new coach, new system.." etc.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I'm SO glad I gave up my season tx last year to this cluster****.

• Like 1

My money is on "no" -- this will be this year's excuse; "...new coach, new system.." etc.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I'm SO glad I gave up my season tx last year to this cluster****.

Smart move...

Here is what is really confusing me:  why the hell would you give Lavy the boot 3 games?  You essentially wasted the entire offseason and camp!   I figured a move was going to be made but not after 3 games.   This is just ridiculous...

Smart move...

Here is what is really confusing me:  why the hell would you give Lavy the boot 3 games?  You essentially wasted the entire offseason and camp!   I figured a move was going to be made but not after 3 games.   This is just ridiculous...

Yup. Others agree.

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 7m

If you need to fire a coach three games into an NHL season, then you really needed to fire him last spring and you botched it.

• Like 1

I am trying ot paste the "tweet" but cant... who knows Jack... at this point I would not be shocked if Clarkie was named GM next...  never a dull moment with this front office.

My last post right above yours was copy/paste from his tweet. I don't see where he says anything about Lavi being an assistant.