I'm pissed as hell

FD19372

I just bought tickets to watch this lame a*s team vs. the Pens. The way this team is playing, the only team they can beat is themselves.  So Ed Snider, the way you thank a coach that helped take you to a Stanley Cup final is to show him the door in four years?  Meanwhile, the guy responsible for bringing in the players truly responsible for this mess still has a job? Sounds fair to me.  Oh, and the end of the season we can blame the same old things, goaltending, and no freakin power play.  Although I will blame the entire season on a GM who has no business being one, and a coach who probably doesn't either (remains to be seen, but I'm not optomistic).  Want to do something impulsive Ed? Pick up the phone and either sell the team, or think outside of your 70s and 80s dream team of ex-Flyers, and give Stan Bowman or Ken Holland Brygalov money to leave Chicago or Detroit and fix the crap your putting on the ice.  Oh and trade your overpaid crap like Coburn and Mesazros and bring in a true #1 dman.  Even if Snider brings in Hextall, he hasn't been contaminated with our management's stupidity as of yet.  To think I just I just paid $250 for this current joke of a team.  My enthusiasm for Flyers hockey is dying real fast, and we're 4 games in.  Maybe Homer should be working at Mall of America in Minneapolis, but not as GM of this team. 

You mean Scotty Bowman? ;)

This is why I stopped buying tix long ago my friend.  I felt like every game I attended there was something going on w/ the Team or they played terribly.  I save my $$ and buy a great case of beer and settle on the couch.  

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

You mean Scotty Bowman?

No, I meant his son Stan, but hiring him as GM would be great. He's a guy who coached with TREMENDOUS success since the 70s. Snider refuses to stop his "buddy system" and if he wants to win a Cup befor he kicks the bucket, he needs to change his ways. It comes down to a)  do you want a Cup or b) ex-players as best friends?  Make a choice Ed, and if you choose b, you will eventually lose your fan base.

• Like 1

Maybe Homer should be working at Mall of America in Minneapolis, but not as GM of this team.

NO NO NO!!!

Keep him out of Minny.

To make you feel better I have 10 games to the Flyers at least one is with the Wild though :)

My enthusiasm for Flyers hockey is dying real fast

I'm looking for Wild recruits......any interest?   :D

No, I meant his son Stan, but hiring him as GM would be great. He's a guy who coached with TREMENDOUS success since the 70s. Snider refuses to stop his "buddy system" and if he wants to win a Cup befor he kicks the bucket, he needs to change his ways. It comes down to a)  do you want a Cup or b) ex-players as best friends?  Make a choice Ed, and if you choose b, you will eventually lose your fan base.

Ed has already made his choice.......we are now reaping what he sows.... -------> no cup

yes I totally agree with you.

NO NO NO!!!

Keep him out of Minny.

To make you feel better I have 10 games to the Flyers at least one is with the Wild though :)

I'm looking for Wild recruits......any interest?   :D

Maybe...at least you guys have a shot at the playoffs.  Then you'll have to play the Hawks or Kings (aka season over). :D However, at least the Wild seem to be moving in the right direction.

Edited by FD19372

I'm sorry but Lavy had to go.   The mistake wasn't firing him it was waiting until 3 games into the regular season to do it.  Just look at their play and inability to adjust to teams like the Bruins, Devils, and Rangers.   They figured us out.   Play solid defense first and wait for us to make a mistake with the puck and pounce.   That free wheeling, offensive first mentality created way too many chances the other way.   Elias said something very telling when the Devils beat the Flyers 4 straight after losing game 1 two years ago.   He was asked by Pierre if they made any adjustments to have so much success against the Flyers.   His paraphrased response,  "We didn't have to.   They pretty much stuck to what they do and we knew how to defend it and get opportunities for ourselves. "   

• Like 1

I'm sorry but Lavy had to go.   The mistake wasn't firing him it was waiting until 3 games into the regular season to do it.  Just look at their play and inability to adjust to teams like the Bruins, Devils, and Rangers.   They figured us out.   Play solid defense first and wait for us to make a mistake with the puck and pounce.   That free wheeling, offensive first mentality created way too many chances the other way.   Elias said something very telling when the Devils beat the Flyers 4 straight after losing game 1 two years ago.   He was asked by Pierre if they made any adjustments to have so much success against the Flyers.   His paraphrased response,  "We didn't have to.   They pretty much stuck to what they do and we knew how to defend it and get opportunities for ourselves. "   

You are absolutely right. And absolutely right that it was yet another monumental lapse in judgement by the General Manager.

I just bought tickets to watch this lame a*s team vs. the Pens. The way this team is playing, the only team they can beat is themselves.  So Ed Snider, the way you thank a coach that helped take you to a Stanley Cup final is to show him the door in four years?  Meanwhile, the guy responsible for bringing in the players truly responsible for this mess still has a job? Sounds fair to me.  Oh, and the end of the season we can blame the same old things, goaltending, and no freakin power play.  Although I will blame the entire season on a GM who has no business being one, and a coach who probably doesn't either (remains to be seen, but I'm not optomistic).  Want to do something impulsive Ed? Pick up the phone and either sell the team, or think outside of your 70s and 80s dream team of ex-Flyers, and give Stan Bowman or Ken Holland Brygalov money to leave Chicago or Detroit and fix the crap your putting on the ice.  Oh and trade your overpaid crap like Coburn and Mesazros and bring in a true #1 dman.  Even if Snider brings in Hextall, he hasn't been contaminated with our management's stupidity as of yet.  To think I just I just paid $250 for this current joke of a team.  My enthusiasm for Flyers hockey is dying real fast, and we're 4 games in.  Maybe Homer should be working at Mall of America in Minneapolis, but not as GM of this team. 

BEAR IS DONE WITH THIS F'KING FLYERS ORGANIZATION. DONE.